iphone 5 Charging Problems

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having charging issues. Mine will not charge via wall outlet in my house or via usb on my mbp. In fact, I got a warning abot too much power draw when i plugged in to my mbp. Plugged in to the wall outlet, i can actually hear a pulsating humming sound coming from the adapter.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
...correct if im wrong but why are you charging it so soon...it comes with plenty of power...im gonna let the battery completely die and then i will fully charge...hope everything is fine with ur I5...keep us posted

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
im at 26% currently. I coach a crossfit class in the noon hour and use my phone for music. Regardless, I'd like to make sure i can recharge it before its completely dead and dont have a way to contact applecare or anyone else.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
...correct if im wrong but why are you charging it so soon...it comes with plenty of power...im gonna let the battery completely die and then i will fully charge...hope everything is fine with ur I5...keep us posted

you should only let it die about once a month... its bad for the battery to let it die.. charge often its better for the battery..

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
contacted applecare. we think we may have narrowed it down to the actual lightning cable. When my wife's arrives via ups, ill try hers out, then we'll know for sure. Either way something is getting replaced.

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
wife's phone arrived and it worked with her cable. Looks like the problem is indeed with the cable. Applecare graciously said theyd ship me a new one in 5-7 business days?? WTF. I cant charge my phone for 5-7 days....

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You can't charge with your wife's cable? If she really loved you, she'd let you use her cable... :)

If you have an Apple store, you could drop by and see if they have any cables left too.

cloten

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm having the same problem, I have had it replaced twice already and will be on my third one on monday! It charges the first time and then not again.. Vodafone hav been very helpful in replacing it-

Wish I had stuck with my iPhone 4

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes I'm having the same problem, I have had it replaced twice already and will be on my third one on monday! It charges the first time and then not again.. Vodafone hav been very helpful in replacing it-

Wish I had stuck with my iPhone 4

I got a dud of a cable out of the box when I received iPhone 5. Genius Bar gave me new cable and boom, never a issue again.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine didnt charge tonight when I plugged it into the wall by the bed. Battery was low and I don't want my phone to die. At least not when I'm alone without another phone. (Mama fears) The cable does look a bit funky and I wondered about it. Even more scared about the jack itself. Guess me and baby are headed to VZW in the am....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2