Official iPhone 5 line-up tailgate party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnrhodes

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting at the Lenox Square store in Atlanta, GA. The mall is kicking everyone off the premises until 5:00 when they allow people in the parking lot, which is when I will arrive.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Good luck, Rene.

If I had an Apple store within an hour or so of my house, I'd consider lining up there. Alas, no apple store around. I pre-ordered mine but I'm sure I will be here to keep you guys company! :cool: My UPS man doesn't come until after 6pm my time anyways.

pakenham

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
This is it iMore nation, it's GO time! The new iPhone 5 is about to launch in countries around the world! So here's the deal, while we're all lining up in stores, we'll also be hanging out and passing the time, swapping stories, figuring out which iPhones to get, exchanging favorite apps, and otherwise having a massive iPHONE 5 TAILGATE party right here in the forums!

And yeah, we'll be giving out t-shirts and other swag, both here and in the lineups!

Post your photos, tell us where you are and update us on the length of the lines, tell us if Apple comes out and gives you tickets, tell us when the doors open, and most importantly, TELL US WHEN YOU GET YOUR NEW iPHONE!

I'll be at the Fairview Pte. Claire Apple Store outside of Montreal, starting around midnight. Georgia will show up there at some point too. (#lazy.)

So let's get this party going! *Fires up virtual bbq behind virtual trailer, starts handing out virtual beverages!*
I am also planning to be lining up at the Fairview Mall in Point Claire, PQ.

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
Gonna go wait in line in Winnipeg at Polo Park.. not sure what time I safely have to get there. Stores open at 8am local. Not sure when they'll open the mall doors. Maybe 6am? Don't want to go too early, but don't want to be there late, either!

Munale

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Not lining up overnight as I've already sold my shirt for a MBA and iPad, but still here for all the revelry. BTW how do you guys keep charged up all night?

belladonna75

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
First one to post a pic of themselves in a good-sized iPhone lineup gets an iTunes gift card!

Was going to do this but I have no real cameras at home anymore only iPhone cameras and iPad 2 LOL totally misunderstood it too hahaha you meant line of people! Think I should maybe nap soon....

Gregory Ayoup

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll be at the Fairview Pte. Claire Apple Store outside of Montreal, starting around midnight. Georgia will show up there at some point too. (#lazy.)

So let's get this party going! *Fires up virtual bbq behind virtual trailer, starts handing out virtual beverages!*

Rene, will fairview be opened all night? or will you be waiting on one of the outside doors or in front of the apple store it self? where is the line up going to be?

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
In line at the Gateway Apple store in SLC. Next in line is @inlineappdev and they are developing an app from start to finish while waiting in line! It is really sweet. Be sure and follow them.

Jamess9046

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll be at school just like any other normal day, I'm making my grandma stay in all day to wait for the UPS man though. Then I'm off to the apple store to get a nano sim, tomorrow is going to be busy! :):)

RICO78jt

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When buying inside the Apple store, they can add a line to your service plan right?

Called one Sprint store and they said they were only going to sell the phone to NEW customers, meaning, if your joining Sprint coming from other carriers and you have to spend 100 on accessories.

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I've done three lines, this time I ordered online...so I guess I'll be with you all in spirit, but I'll be waiting patiently (?) at home tomorrow, working remotely while awaiting the UPS truck. From what I can tell mine already arrived in Orlando, got sorted, and got loaded onto the truck that will be carrying it tomorrow.

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
When buying inside the Apple store, they can add a line to your service plan right?

Called one Sprint store and they said they were only going to sell the phone to NEW customers, meaning, if your joining Sprint coming from other carriers and you have to spend 100 on accessories.

Yep, they can.

And, I'm not sure how Sprint could possibly take such a stand - if you pay full freight on the new phone, they won't care if you're new or existing (and they certainly can't *require* you to buy optional accessories).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2