(Black) iPhone 5 Dyed Metal Band Shows Wear 'n' Tear....?

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Seems as though the reviewer has noticed that the black dye on the metal band of the (black) iPhone 5 is starting to rub off over time. I'll be very disappointed if this is the case because that is the color I'm going with. Maybe Apple would just do an exchange in-store if I brought it in....Any thoughts?

Apple iPhone 5 review - Pocket-lint

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems as though the reviewer has noticed that the black dye on the metal band of the (black) iPhone 5 is starting to rub off over time. I'll be very disappointed if this is the case because that is the color I'm going with. Maybe Apple would just do an exchange in-store if I brought it in....Any thoughts?

Apple iPhone 5 review - Pocket-lint

"Ditching the glass back and reducing the thickness of the glass panel on the front has affected the design of the metal band around the edge of the iPhone. It is now chamfered and while that looks pretty, we've already noticed that on the black model the edge has started to wear, revealing the shiny silver aluminium metal underneath the "slate" coloured coating and, indeed, we've witnessed it on two separate models, ruling out a fluke manufacturing error.

These small scuffs will catch the light and make the phone look visibly worn. We suspect that it won't be as noticeable on the white model because the metal edging is silver, so that's worth bearing in mind when you come to order your colour choice."

Um, yeah, we've been talking about that for 2 days now...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-forum/240269-black-iphone-5-antenna-concern.html

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2