When should I give up on Verizon delivering this Friday??

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No shipping info as of 6pm today (wed). My email order confirmation says Deliver By 9/21/12, however when I check my order status online it says Expected Ship Date 9/21/12.

There is a big difference between Deliver By and Expected Ship Date.

I am considering canceling my order and cue up early in the morning on Friday. How long should I wait before canceling my preorder?

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW is notorious for not updating shipping information. I ordered stuff from them back when the HTC Incredible was released and got nothing, the items arrived at my house, then 2 days later I got an update saying they shipped.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd say on Saturday morning... my status on Apple.com is still showing Preparing for Shipment and I have received no email from Apple or AT&T stating that it has shipped... but my card has been charged and by searching on reference number, I've found my phone sitting in UPS storage in Louisville.

No need to worry or panic...

If you are going to cancel, though, you need to do it very soon so that your wireless provider has time to reset your upgrade status... or you'll be paying full price at the store.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through them and got tracking info the other day. I would call and ask see if they have your order on file and what the deal is.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
They shipped mine on Monday via Next Day but delivery date is Friday. It's just been sitting in Memphis since then. So I say your deadline for all hope is tomorrow.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My buddy just got his shipping confirmation email about 15 minutes ago (6pm central time Wed). He originally placed his order at 5am central time the 14th so around 3 hours after the pre-orders started. I would be very cautious about cancelling that pre-order you have. If everything is actually going as you hope, just without you realizing it due to Verizon not communicating well.....you'd be really bummed if you lose out on your phone Friday and not get one via an alternate method.

Have you called recently and spoken to someone in customer service to see if they can verify anything for you?

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
They shipped mine on Monday via Next Day but delivery date is Friday. It's just been sitting in Memphis since then. So I say your deadline for all hope is tomorrow.

So is mine.... Sadly it just sits there with the thousands of other iPhones just waiting to be handled on Friday.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
So is mine.... Sadly it just sits there with the thousands of other iPhones just waiting to be handled on Friday.

This isn't the worst part. Wait until noon on Friday when we are reading online how awesome the iPhone 5 is but haven't been blessed by the FedEx fairy just yet. It's gonna be hell...

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon shipment has made progress. I got a tracking e-mail Monday, it started in West Chester PA (Viva la Bam!), and is now in Newark, NJ with future delivery requested. Expected Friday.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the shipping info will come out tonight and tomorrow for overnight shipping. I would say just see what you get by tomorrow afternoon.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
VZW is notorious for not updating shipping information. I ordered stuff from them back when the HTC Incredible was released and got nothing, the items arrived at my house, then 2 days later I got an update saying they shipped.

I know someone else in this thread said they got shipping info from AT&T two days after they got their phone. Verizon was the same way. Just keep checking your order status. It should update some time today or tomorrow. I had to pay extra for mine to get Saturday delivery but it actually came on Friday after shipping Thursday. The Vzw CSR said everything would ship Friday for a Saturday or Monday delivery. My house is so rural that FedEx had to call me the day of delivery to find out where I lived. Because of that, I missed the morning delivery and instead, got my 4s around 6PM.

I have actually chased a FedEx driver all across town so if you see one, stop and ask if the driver has your shipment. I've been able to show ID and pick my package off the truck before it even got to my house.

I live near Memphis. Want me to go get it? :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice