Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

Default When should I give up on Verizon delivering this Friday??

No shipping info as of 6pm today (wed). My email order confirmation says Deliver By 9/21/12, however when I check my order status online it says Expected Ship Date 9/21/12.

There is a big difference between Deliver By and Expected Ship Date.

I am considering canceling my order and cue up early in the morning on Friday. How long should I wait before canceling my preorder?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

VZW is notorious for not updating shipping information. I ordered stuff from them back when the HTC Incredible was released and got nothing, the items arrived at my house, then 2 days later I got an update saying they shipped.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I'd say on Saturday morning... my status on Apple.com is still showing Preparing for Shipment and I have received no email from Apple or AT&T stating that it has shipped... but my card has been charged and by searching on reference number, I've found my phone sitting in UPS storage in Louisville.

No need to worry or panic...

If you are going to cancel, though, you need to do it very soon so that your wireless provider has time to reset your upgrade status... or you'll be paying full price at the store.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I ordered through them and got tracking info the other day. I would call and ask see if they have your order on file and what the deal is.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

They shipped mine on Monday via Next Day but delivery date is Friday. It's just been sitting in Memphis since then. So I say your deadline for all hope is tomorrow.

My buddy just got his shipping confirmation email about 15 minutes ago (6pm central time Wed). He originally placed his order at 5am central time the 14th so around 3 hours after the pre-orders started. I would be very cautious about cancelling that pre-order you have. If everything is actually going as you hope, just without you realizing it due to Verizon not communicating well.....you'd be really bummed if you lose out on your phone Friday and not get one via an alternate method.

Have you called recently and spoken to someone in customer service to see if they can verify anything for you?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McG View Post
    They shipped mine on Monday via Next Day but delivery date is Friday. It's just been sitting in Memphis since then. So I say your deadline for all hope is tomorrow.
    So is mine.... Sadly it just sits there with the thousands of other iPhones just waiting to be handled on Friday.
    iPhone Newbie

All hope is lost
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    So is mine.... Sadly it just sits there with the thousands of other iPhones just waiting to be handled on Friday.
    This isn't the worst part. Wait until noon on Friday when we are reading online how awesome the iPhone 5 is but haven't been blessed by the FedEx fairy just yet. It's gonna be hell...
    iPhone Experts

iOS Version

My Verizon shipment has made progress. I got a tracking e-mail Monday, it started in West Chester PA (Viva la Bam!), and is now in Newark, NJ with future delivery requested. Expected Friday.
    iPhone 5 16GB / 21.5" iMac. 3.06GHz OSX Mountain Lion/ Apple TV 2nd Gen/ iPad Gen2, 16GB.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts

A lot of the shipping info will come out tonight and tomorrow for overnight shipping. I would say just see what you get by tomorrow afternoon.
    Mobile Devices: LG G2
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    iPhone Newbie

Wait and see! calling always helps
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

Charge card was billed earlier this evening... I think I am good to go!!!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    Charge card was billed earlier this evening... I think I am good to go!!!
    Same for me. No tracking # yet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Mine is in day 3 in Memphis. They scan it a couple times a day just to mess with me...
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

When the delivery truck drives by your house and doesn't stop.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    VZW is notorious for not updating shipping information. I ordered stuff from them back when the HTC Incredible was released and got nothing, the items arrived at my house, then 2 days later I got an update saying they shipped.
    I know someone else in this thread said they got shipping info from AT&T two days after they got their phone. Verizon was the same way. Just keep checking your order status. It should update some time today or tomorrow. I had to pay extra for mine to get Saturday delivery but it actually came on Friday after shipping Thursday. The Vzw CSR said everything would ship Friday for a Saturday or Monday delivery. My house is so rural that FedEx had to call me the day of delivery to find out where I lived. Because of that, I missed the morning delivery and instead, got my 4s around 6PM.

I have actually chased a FedEx driver all across town so if you see one, stop and ask if the driver has your shipment. I've been able to show ID and pick my package off the truck before it even got to my house.

I live near Memphis. Want me to go get it?
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Alas mine also sits in Memphis waiting to be delivered Friday.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by sw66-2 View Post
    Alas mine also sits in Memphis waiting to be delivered Friday.
    If I could, I'd bring it to you and Joe. The waiting part sucks, especially the last day.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently