Preordered iphone 5 for Oct. 5th, can I wait in line to get early

chippyt

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I preordered by iphone 5 and it is scheduled for Oct. 5th. Can I get in line on Friday and if I get the iphone from the store, just cancel my preorder? I preordered from Apple and would go to an Apple store.

Thanks

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I preordered by iphone 5 and it is scheduled for Oct. 5th. Can I get in line on Friday and if I get the iphone from the store, just cancel my preorder? I preordered from Apple and would go to an Apple store.

Thanks

I am sure you can. I know a few people here at work who didnt get their pre-orders in on time and are camping out tomorrow night to get it on launch and they still have their pre-orders just in case.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
This will only work if you pre-ordered at full retail price. If you used an upgrade, then that pre-order already took up your upgrade so you wouldn't be able to get it in store at the contract price unless you cancel your pre-order first.

I'm doing the same thing but my pre-order was at full retail price so it doesn't matter for me.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This will only work if you pre-ordered at full retail price. If you used an upgrade, then that pre-order already took up your upgrade so you wouldn't be able to get it in store at the contract price unless you cancel your pre-order first.

I'm doing the same thing but my pre-order was at full retail price so it doesn't matter for me.

maybe you can just buy the phone at full price then sell your pre ordered device unopened on ebay or craiglist ype thingy