Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 5 purchase?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

195 84.78%
  • No.

8 3.48%
  • I'm not sure, need more time with the device.

27 11.74%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,530 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Default Re: Review your iPhone 5 here!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatNeal View Post
    I'm so horny over it right now.
    This phone has lived up to expectations... AND SURPASSED IT!
    Not only is it feather-like. It's sleek. It's slim. It's everything a man desire in his pocket.
    What's more! LTE. It's so fast right now that I don't even feel the need to have wifi anymore.
    Soon we will stop having internet at home and rely wholly on LTE. Should carriers decide to go for unlimited.
    Our phone itself shall be the wifi modem. A moving modem.
    The messages looks better now.
    My homescreen is so awesome.
    Although there's one con. I have to occasionaly slide my phone down my hand to access the top. Clumsy and butterfingers. DO NOT Attempt this! Although You will get better at it over time.

And no way. I'M NOT GONA get a case for this. This phone is PURE SEX. No way am I hiding it.
    I'm going to walk around with this phone and ladies will orgasm over it.

Even though there are black bars in apps. I like it. It looks like I'm looking at a movie. and I'm controlling it. yes. It's THAT AWESOME. THANKS RETINA DISPLAY!
    LOL, this post is hilarious
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v6roqw.gif
    iPhone Newbie

With Journey of iOS 6, taller screen of iPhone 5 for developers becomes a more difficult challenge. Although it comes packed with improvements and changes to its basic interface and functions.
    iPhone Nanite

Hey guys sorry im new to these forums n unsure where 2 post this so hope some1 might b able 2 help me. Ive had my new iphone 5 for a week now and all i have had is drama n problems after problems. The day i got it the problems began. My battery life is bad, need to charge it twice a day, my wifi drops out all the time, my 3g works great n then drops out too, my keyboard wen typing sometimes it will press the incorrect letter or i have probs trying to open the numbers section on the keyboard, i will have 2 press it several times b4 it opens. My reception was dropping out alot too but the last couple days it hasnt been too bad AND now the newest problem. I will record a video in portrait mode, i then sync my iphone up on2 my pc windows 7, i open my iphone storage n can see the videos n photos i have saved in my camera roll. I drag my video into the correct video file on my pc, i then add my file in my itunes library n sync. Wen sync has finished i open my videos file tab on my iphone n find my video, i open it but my video is stuck sideways (landscape) even tho it was recorded in portrait mode. So i have heads missing n it will not rotate. I have contacted Apple and my mobile phone provider Telstra n they both r giving me the run around. In 7 days i have contacted both companies like 10 times. Telstra tell me its iphone fault, apple says its network fault. Within 3 hours of having this mob i have had hell. Anyone have any info bout the probs im having? Is the wifi thing a prob on these new iphone 5? Will apple fix it? Can anyone help with y my videos r stuck on portrait once i have moved them n synced them? I always did this with my iphone 3gs so not sure y now all the videos i sync which i recorded with my 3gs or my new iphone5 r stuck on landscape mode even tho they r recorded in portrait. I used 2 b able 2 turn my mob around n da video would rotate either landscape or portrait. Plz any help coz the companies r giving me da run around. I even demanded a new phone the second day i had this one but their answer is no. Oh apple did say to reset settings, i did n lost stuff n it fixed nothing
    lilkim429 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Wow
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I made some videos reviewing my iPhone 5 experience! Enjoy:

Unboxing:

Siri:

Review Part 1:

Review Part 2:

Review Part 3:

---------- Post Merged at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:31 AM ----------

I made some videos reviewing my iPhone 5 experience! Enjoy:

Unboxing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUum2IkFI_k&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=5&feature=plcp

Siri: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgnpT5KRK8&feature=relmfu

Review Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdlaVwuJhxE&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=3&feature=plcp

Review Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImsNXtfS3Cs&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=2&feature=plcp

Review Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hkpIsmZcf8&list=UUoKhG5h4kqSv-0r1eObfwFw&index=1&feature=plcp
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I feel glad to use iPhone 5.
    Make sure you check out my >>Mobile App Development Blog<<
    iPhone Nanite

The reason for the headphone jack being at the bottom is because it is a natural instinct to put your phone head down in your pocket. So with the jack being at the bottom there is no need for fiddling with your phone, just slide it in your pocket !
    Dennisgarcia likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 Beta

Yea except I hope I don't scruff up my new Kick because it will be a little pricey to replace this lol
    bgesullo
    iPhone 5 White 32GB>iPad 3 White 16GB>MacBook Pro
    iPhone Nanite

So far, so good. this is my first iPhone, so i'm still getting used to it. Everything is beyond my expectations, especially the speed and battery life.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I was quite reticent of the iPhone 5 based on some of the posts regarding this phone. I had ordered 3 times from Verizon and cancelled each time! I called the Verizon Store yesterday to see if the had any on display, and was told that not only did they have them on display, but they actually had both colors in 64 gig, which is what I would be interested in. I went by and found:

Hardware: The hardware was absolutely perfect on both the white and black. Yes it felt lighter than the iPhoneI 4S, yet it felt solid and like a fine watch. A Rolex vs. a Timex! I bought a Black unit!

Setup: I did have some problem getting my new phone to accept my network password. After numerous attempts it was finally accepted and I was on my way. Everything went smoothly after that, and I am very pleased!

My wife and I have both been using the Samsung III S. We have been pleased with the Samsung, they have been good phones, yet far from the elegance and usability of the Apple products. I have buyers for both, so I replaced my wife's much loved 4S and bought an iPhone 5 for myself!

It is good to be back home with Apple!!!
    Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left. ~Hubert Humphrey
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

This video speaks for me. Trully the best iPhone yet!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Yes im very happy with mine

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I just wish the battery lasted a bit longer
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Review your iPhone 5 here!

Really thinking about getting one on my next upgrade. It's not until April of next year. Something new will probably be out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Very happy with my iP5 I agree with previous poster. I do wish battery lasted a little longer. I get through 3/4 of my day until its shutting down to be recharged. Great phone! Would definitely recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts

I am in LOVE. This phone is absolutely one of the best phones I've held in awhile. Feels great in the hand and very light.

This is the first time I've switched platforms because of apps. But things like cinemagram and Instagram I had to have. Plus I've always loved the accessories for iPhone. Glad to be back on board, especially now with everything flowing so smooth in iOS 6

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I'm really happy with my iPhone 5.

The first time I picked up the device I couldn't believe it. It was so light. That's what's gotten the most compliments so far. It feels incredible in your hand. The weight plus the actual design of the phone is amazingly well put together. The device looks really sexy with the new black covering the sides of it. It does get a little wear and tear but it still looks good to me.

The screen size is good. I came from an Android with a bigger screen and don't miss the extra .5" it added. As more apps are getting customized for the iPhone 5 it's looking better and better. The retina display is mind-boggling.

The speed of this phone is my favourite thing about it. The processor is unbelievable. I can play Angry Birds, while streaming music off TuneIn, have my mail checking in the background and be receiving texts and it all runs so smooth. The whole transition process in the phone is flawless. The LTE is super fast but I had it on my old phone so I was already used to it.

The only complaint I have is the battery life. On 3G/LTE it dies fairly quick for me. On Wi-Fi it can definitely last an entire day. I spoke to three different Apple reps and they all said that they have been told iOS 6.0.1 or 6.1 will improve it.
    iPhone Newbie

Yes i am so happy with the new i phone 5. It's so thin and so light, a faster chip, latest wireless technology an 8mp i sight camera, and more. I really like it
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Coming from the 4, the 5 is a pretty amazing phone. Its speed is great! I have AT&T and my area has LTE so I'm enjoying the most of it. It's so much faster than 3G--everything loads quicker, iMessages send in a blink of an eye, and app downloads over cellular are blazing. I think the LTE alone is enough to upgrade. I can also notice the speed improvements to the phone itself, thanks to the upgraded processor. Apps open quickly, photos snap quickly...I never felt that my 4 was ever "slow" (even with iOS 6), but compared to the 5 it's downright sluggish. I'm really impressed with the design as well, although I personally think the phone is a bit too light. While the 4 does feel like a brick in comparison, I miss the "sturdiness" and the "heft" that it had. The 5 almost feels too fragile. Mine was a week 43 model (October) and it's flawless...no scratches or nicks, and no rattling in the camera. The power button rattles a bit but my 4 did the same and I'm not too worried about that. The screen is so vibrant and crisp, too. Overall, I'm so glad I upgraded and I finally have it! :-)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

I love my phone but i can't wait until i get LTE...
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

>iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 128GB - Verizon Wireless - Current<

iPhone Nanite

I have received my iphone 5 a week ago and i've been using it hard since then. I chose the white one because I think it looks much better than the black one and it is not as exposed to scratches.
    First impression: nice premium finish, fast internet browsing, excelent screen in terms of contrast ratio, brightness and color reproduction. As time passed by, and i mean 2-3 days I began to discover some annoying things. Here we go:
    1. If you tap it on the back, especially on the top (where the camera is installed) you will hear a cricket noise, like something is loose inside. Very bad assembling quality in my opinion. Iphone 4 was as sturdy as a brick. You will hear that noise if you tap it on front also, in the bottom area. I tested this with other 3 phones and is the same thing.
    2. If you scroll rapidly through emails or contacts the touch function of the screen freezes, as seen on video on the internet. I have also noticed some touch faults when I type like mistyping or not typing at all.
    3. The 3G connection stops woking from time to time and it happened in various locations
    4. This i'm not sure but usually my hunches become true with time, the overall performance of the phone degrades as you use it. After a restart it comes back to blitz speed performance.

I hope i didn't ruined your iphone 5 ownership pleasure but in same time i pray that apple will fix it.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Olacabs is a Taxi Service Bangalore Company.Olacabs launch iPhone Apps for City Cab Bangalore Booking.People cab boo cab very easy with this apps and also track a can that moving towards you.
    iPhone Nanite

Here is something more than you iPhone 5 can do and no other phone can.
    Check this out:
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Unboxing - Couldn't wait to open the damn box, i used my tweezers haha!
    Activation - Went smoothly. Woulda been nice if they actually woulda waived the fee but whatever i guess.

Overall.. I'm veryyyyyyyyyy happy! I don't miss my 4S one bit. It's so damn gorgeous and can hardly put it down. It was well worth the upgrade
    iPhone Nanite

Very2 happy with my new iphone 5. Very slim and wait-less & attractive phone .
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I have been using my IPhone 5 for nearly 2 months now. First, Wow !!! I love it, looks so great and yes it is sexy ! Some of us say that it look too good to put on a case on it, but, I think you should put one on. The aluminum backing seems to be easy to scuff. I use the Otterbox Commuter, it a little bit smaller than the others.

Beside the battery life, the only other complaint is, I can't seem to get use to type on it. The wider screen is great, but for my fingers ! Arghhh !!! Can't get use to it.

Other than that ! Great phone, only if Rogers could expand the LTE network to my house that would be awesome !
    iPhone 5 16 Gb Black
    iPad 3 16 Gb Black
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast