View Poll Results: Are you happy with your iPhone 5 purchase?
- 230. You may not vote on this poll
03-01-2013 08:17 AM
- ... but I love my iPhone 5 so far. White, 64GB. I love the in-hand feel, so light and that brushed aluminum back sensation is comforting and so Apple. The camera is kick *** (wow^2), and reception and call in/out clarity seems solidly improved. LTE is crazy fast. In fact it is kicking the **** out of my v2 Time Capsule wi-fi. I think I either need some tweaks or a new wi-fi setup. CPU and graphics are furiously responsive, and the screen is wonderful. I don't notice the screen improvements until I grab my wife's iP4 -- she has 1 month before she upgrades. The screen size is OK, meh. I would have liked to see it a touch bigger yet, but I also appreciate the highly mobile device. Overall an amazing piece of hardware with a thoughtful set of tradeoffs.
Battery life ... we'll see. I don't think I'm getting iP4 iOS5 battery life, but when I upgraded the iP4 to iOS6, battery life seemed to take a hit too. Updates ...
iOS6. Nice set of refinements over iOS5. iMessage is quirky, particularly across devices. Shared photo streams are perfect for our family and work needs. We take lots of pics, for lots of purposes. I haven't played much yet with panoramas -- local college football game today will be the 1st test. I am happy to see the app store changes. I've always thought that needed improvements. Things like Facebook integration are more of an about time than thanks for the new feature, but I still appreciate them. Maps is clearly a downgrade, but overall it is OK for my use here. The 3D stuff is fun in the mountains here. But I don't mind saying that a google maps app can't come soon enough. I'm sure more bugs and quirks will pop up as I do more with the phone. They always do.
Now iOS7 ... tick, tick, tick ... Sooner is OK. Dear Apple: I won't mind if you change your release schedule. Seriously, it would be OK sooner, as in how fast can you move? The competition is on overdrive. Your latest hardware is amazing, but you have room to improve on the OS side. Happy for now, but looking forward to the next step.
edit: Forgot about Siri. Coming from the 4, she's new to me. So far I find Siri occasionally useful and surprisingly slow. I didn't expect more but don't mind saying I hoped for more.
Last edited by mtcowdog; 09-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.09-22-2012 12:12 PMLike 2
- Really really enjoy i5. I think it's impossible to tell how fantastic it is via pictures or videos. You simply have to hold it. The form factor is amazing. SO thin and light.
Coming from an i4 (that was desperately starting to lag) the i5 is so fast it makes me smile every time.
Love the product.09-22-2012 01:05 PM
- The phone is nice that is for sure, but with using so many phones especially higher end phones, they all feel almost the same in terms of fluidity and quickeness. I like the smaller size of the phone and the screen is really nice compared to a lot of phones, but if you come from a 4s or other newer device it's not going to be a huge change from the old device. Overall it feels very solid and I am enjoying the phone with no issues.09-22-2012 02:11 PMLike 1
Specific threads are created for specific subjects around launches of new hardware and new IOS versions... read each forum's sticky threads. If you are not amenable to our host's wishes, you are more than free to exit stage left as fast as your keyboard will facilitate your departure. Adios.09-22-2012 08:08 PMLike 1
- 09-22-2012 08:18 PM
- By far the best iphone ever. I'm pretty sure i'm at the end of the annual upgrade cycle. This phone is that good and fills in what I was holding out for..mainly LTE. I actually bought applecare+ today because I plan on keeping this longer than a year.
It's iOS and ecosystem that need the improvements which obviously Apple is hearing about. I think we'll see an A+ effort on iOS 7 which should make this iphone 5 seem like a new phone again next year.09-22-2012 09:10 PM
- I am absolutely loving the iPhone 5, I have to admit when I saw it being released I was a little skeptical as to how much of an upgrade it would be even though I was coming from the iPhone 4. As soon as I unboxed it and began interacting with it I knew that my concerns weren't valid. I cannot believe how light and yet how solid this device feels. The processor speed and 4G are unreal compared to the 4. I also didn't realize how beneficial the extra .5 inch of screen real estate is, it makes a big difference. I am thoroughly happy with my purchase!09-22-2012 09:55 PM
- So far so good! I really don't have anything to complain about! I got the Verizon 32GB black slate & luckily I had no damage on my device or any problems when I unboxed it. Within an hour I had all of my apps, music, & contacts that I wanted on it installed & ready to go! My case that I ordered hasn't come in yet so I'm still going naked. I haven't really used the LTE because I have wifi at home but I notice the speeds! I went somewhere with my friend on Saturday about an hour a way & the new maps got us there with no problems at all! I made a few calls & they are all crisp & clear to this point, no complaints. Siri I'm having a blast with! It's really helpful to have. My only complaint is thatshe sometimes is a little slow & doesn't work right away. This is definitely a keeper!09-22-2012 11:27 PM
- 09-23-2012 08:11 AM
- One word: love. I truly feel, see and love the changes from a 4s despite the naysayers saying its nit worth the upgrade. I love how light she is, and the sleekness of it. I am somewhat jealous of my sister's white one seeing it in person but ill tough it out. It's so fast and just works. 105% happy.09-23-2012 10:52 AM
- Now restoring through Itunes because the battery is draining like crazy. After not reading any complaints about this I'm wondering if it is just my phone. Got about 3 and a half hours of usage and 5 and a half hours of standby. Took about 30 pictures in that time for work but it was down to 20 percent. Any advice is appreciated, hopefully the reset will solve the issue.09-23-2012 03:05 PM
- On Friday morning, I traded in my Droid 2 that has not worked properly in over 2 months for an iPhone 5. (Bought one for the wife too).
This spring, I bought the new iPad and that was my first apple product ever. However with a very simple user interface, I was able to quickly become comfortable with the layout and processes. I will miss the active widgets but it does not matter too much. I am shocked at how light it is compared to the droid 2, even though it is much larger.
I am still trying to figure out the orientation (portrait to landscape) for when I need to type things as some programs will not let me change. I also noticed several apps that do not use the full screen yet, but it seems that there are a handful of updates every time I check. The lack of a physical keyboard is going to take a while to get used to.
It took a bit of searching, but I found out how to convert MP3s into ringtones using iTunes. The wife was happy because she was accustomed to hearing her particular ring tone, as am I. This was a feature in Android that we liked.
Battery life is better than expected given how much time I have spent playing with the silly thing.
I would love to find a car mount for this that will let me swivel the screen from portrait to landscape for driving (navigation) purposes as I will be using that feature a lot. I would also like to find a case for it instead of waiting 30 days for the Otterbox to show up. But on the other hand, I dont want a case because I like the slim appearance of it now.
Took a few tries, but was able to integrate google voice into it.
I still dont know how to use passbook as information is extremely limited.
I would also like to find a clock/dock for bedside charging, a dock with speakers for the office, and a dock that I can plug into my home theater system for music.09-24-2012 01:51 PM
Specific threads are created for specific subjects around launches of new hardware and new IOS versions... read each forum's sticky threads. If you are not amenable to our host's wishes, you are more than free to exit stage left as fast as your keyboard will facilitate your departure. Adios.
Anyway, back on topic, now that I know where to find it.
Wifi is still wonky and battery life is not my expectation, but the screen sensitivity is less of an issue. I think I am adapting. Overall, a great phone. I am quite pleased.
BTW, surface durability of my white phone seems great. So far I have run with it multiple times ( in an arm band), thrown it in a pack to ramble with everything else, and dropped it 2 feet onto tile. It doesn't show any signs of anything. Looks perfect.09-24-2012 05:41 PM
- I adore my iPhone 5. My only complaint is a surprising one...apple is apparently having serious issues with quality control. Had to return my original iPhone 5 yesterday due to a weird line of dead pixels down the center lengthwise. Then I get home with the replacement and find that it's got a nick in the shiny beveled edge on the bottom! I have another appointment with apple later today to replace my unit forthe second time since Friday. I went online to find a 15page thread on apple of people complaining about scuffed iPhones out of the box! Also saw a YouTube video of an employee saying that 10 of 100 iPhones from the initial batch of iPhones is faulty! He recommended people wait till October
To ensure they get perfect iPhones from the mass production batch. Fml!!! Many people posted in the thread that they went to exchange only to find that they had on open 3 boxes and each phone was worse! Omg! #scuffgate is turning into an apple nightmare! Will they recall he first million or so phones?09-25-2012 06:46 AM
- I'm so horny over it right now.
This phone has lived up to expectations... AND SURPASSED IT!
Not only is it feather-like. It's sleek. It's slim. It's everything a man desire in his pocket.
What's more! LTE. It's so fast right now that I don't even feel the need to have wifi anymore.
Soon we will stop having internet at home and rely wholly on LTE. Should carriers decide to go for unlimited.
Our phone itself shall be the wifi modem. A moving modem.
The messages looks better now.
My homescreen is so awesome.
Although there's one con. I have to occasionaly slide my phone down my hand to access the top. Clumsy and butterfingers. DO NOT Attempt this! Although You will get better at it over time.
And no way. I'M NOT GONA get a case for this. This phone is PURE SEX. No way am I hiding it.
I'm going to walk around with this phone and ladies will orgasm over it.
Even though there are black bars in apps. I like it. It looks like I'm looking at a movie. and I'm controlling it. yes. It's THAT AWESOME. THANKS RETINA DISPLAY!
hahaha i think you need to calm down a little bit buddy^^09-25-2012 07:47 AM
- 2 words...LOVE IT! I can't put my iP5 down! I'm constantly going in and out of apps as if they were going out of style! I've been watching movies and looking at photos just to use the slightly bigger screen. To my surprise, the battery is holding up fairly well. I recently put my iP5 down to show my iPhone 4 some love and immediately noticed the weight difference. I've gotten so used to the lightness of the iP5 that I forgot how much heavier the iP4 was. As I turned the screen on, I also noticed just how much 1 more row of icons has altered the screen canvas. Even though the difference is only half an inch it makes a huge difference. I realized that the new screen size is absolutely perfect! It's not too big and not too small, it's perfect! Fits in my pocket with ease and gives me enough screen space to do what I need. Like every phone that comes out, there will be bugs and eventually an update will be issued, but I have no complaints. This device has made me a young kid again, going through every function bringing my curiosity back! Thank you Apple!09-25-2012 07:33 PM
- I went through exactly what you did, except i fixed the problem by pressing on the home button really hard, i meam really hard. I found this out by trying to break the home button becuase i was pissed of from the extra clicking sound, that actually fixed it!
---------- Post Merged at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:39 AM ----------
I went through exactly what you did, except i fixed the problem by pressing on the home button really hard, i meam really hard. I found this out by trying to break the home button becuase i was pissed of from the extra clicking sound, that actually fixed it!09-25-2012 08:39 PM
- The iPhone 5 is honestly the best thing I've ever owned. I upgraded from a feature phone so it's just amazing. I was skeptical of the two tone design at first, but now I adore it. It's just beautiful. I find myself just staring at the back for minutes and the amazingly shiny beveled edge. It's pristine. What I love more though is the weight. Some of my friends complain its to light, but they are just dumb. I can barely feel it in my pocket and its always amazing how light it is. All other iPhones are just bricks now. The brushed aluminum also feels amazing to touch. The size is also not to long. I can still use it with one hand easily, and really the extra screen is nice.
Pas the design though, the performance just blows me away every time. LTE is fast. Really fast. Super really fast, like wifi fast in my area. Web pages load almost instantly sometimes and it's an amazing upgrade from using my friends iPhones. Apps load fast, much faster than my iPad 3rd generation. Everything is just really quick. Even the camera is fast.
I simply love my new iPhone. It's an amazing product and I have no regrets buying it in any way.09-26-2012 03:38 PM
---------- Post Merged at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:56 AM ----------09-27-2012 07:56 AM
- Well I'm glad that I got a perfectly working unit on launch day!
About the reception problems I encountered, I learned today that my carrier was having problem with HSPA and that most smartphones would operate on former technology for a while. Which explains that horrible sound when I use the phone.
And about the troubles I was having with my keyboard, I actually found out it was my poor quality screen protector that was messing with my touch response, mainly on the border where the badly cut out shield did not meet the border of the screen, thus creating the problem. Finally got my iShieldz yesterday, and everything is A-OK.
I hope all those who encountered problems will have a quick and happy resolution.09-27-2012 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD