Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts

Default Re: My iPhone 5 has arrived!

So I called around at 40 different combinations of radio shack, best buy, AND AT&T and nobody had it. One of the radio shacks that took my name an number called me an hour before I had to go to work. Flew there and got my black 16 gb
    iPhone Nanite

Hey, u have got new iphone 5 so can explain whats features got new than iphone 4s, if it will be better than iphone 4s than i will also buy because i got some negative rumor about iphone 5.
    thnaks,
    fusioninformatics.de
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Received my iPhone 5 this morning! Only took a month. Glad to finally have it. After just using it for a few minutes it is so much better than my 4 I was using. I love it!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Default My iPhone 5 has arrived!

I was able to reserve one online last night! Picked her up this morning!

It looks like my local store got a large shipment in. They had about 10 left when they opened.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

Where are you located? I think almost every damn store I've checked on the West coast is out!
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Has anyone had any luck with the Apple overnight ordering in Phoenix?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

This is a long shot..but has anyone heard info regarding iPhone 5 being placed into Apples systems in local stores between 10pm & 4am? I was told by a local Apple store employee that I should go online and order between those hours, then select In Store Pick-up. When I ordered I wasn't given the In Store option so I just shipped it.

Anyone think there's a chance Seattle stores may get shipments in?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I did the waiting until 10:00 pm trick on Tuesday night (10/30) and nailed the jackpot on the second try. I got a white 32 gig white Verizon iphone 5. The store was 30 miles away from where I live. I picked up the phone the next day. The whole process was so easy and painless, that there is no point in pre-ordering and waiting for weeks for the phone to show up. From now on, I will order my iphones this way!!. I paid full price inorder to retain my unlimited data plan.

The phone is a huge upgrade from my iphone 4. It is really fast!!! Siri is great!!! She now knows who my brother is...LOL. She can tell me BB scores and how much each player on the Lakers team scored. The maps are spot on. No problems whatsoever. I have retired my beloved motionX GPS app even though I still have until next July of voice turn-by-turn service. The screen is crisper than that of my iphone 4. I like one-handed phone operation and my hand barely does that even though I am 6 feet tall. Overall, I am very impressed with this phone.
    iPhone Nanite

Tried online Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, got it last night. My first iPhone. It's awesome. Still trying to get used to it. I had a Droid Pro, Blackberry Storm before this. It's really fast, everything is so sharp.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAuthority View Post
    Where are you located? I think almost every damn store I've checked on the West coast is out!
    Chicago. Word on the street is a shipment is hitting today. I got that from a RadioShack and another apple store. Should be available tonight for reservation, or walk-in tomorrow morning.
    iPhone Intermediate

Stopped by sprint store in Chicago and they had a 32gb in stock
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Yeah, finally got my hands on it yesterday! I love it! Coming from the 4 it's a world of a difference. I ordered through Apple and it arrived a week early! Made the wait a little less painful.
    iMore Guru

My5 finally showed up! It is great to finally have it. I have been waiting for some time. Anyhow here are a couple of pics with its new case on
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chobbs1 View Post

My5 finally showed up! It is great to finally have it. I have been waiting for some time. Anyhow here are a couple of pics with its new case on
    Sweet! Where'd you get the case?
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonferg View Post
    Sweet! Where'd you get the case?
    I would also like to know about the case?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

I put in an order through Apple on 10/25. Should I cancel my original order and wait until my local Apple store has them in-stock? What you think?
    iMore Guru

It's a case I ordered online at Vaja.com.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My iPhone 5 has arrived too and now I want unlock it. At this time it is locked to AT&T but I leave USA for a while and want to factory unlock it to use any SIM card. I know that I could buy factory unlocked iPhone 5 but the price is to high for me this time. So, I began to look for unlocking. All old methods don't work any more. It is clear that only IMEI unlock service can help you. But here is the problem, even two. First I don't know if I the service I found legit or scam and the second is the price.
    However not long ago I found this service: att-iphone-unlock.com to unlock AT&T iPhone for very cheap price. Browsing the web I found only positive feedbacks. Can I trust it? Maybe anybody of you knows something.
    Last edited by AlexOvereem; 11-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.2

I received my iPhone 5 64GB Verizon Tuesday I am complete love with it I had a Sprint 64GB iPhone 4S but the 5 is just amazing especially on Verizon's LTE network My iPhone 5 has arrived!-photo.jpg
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Welcome kindly!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junius8 View Post
    I received my iPhone 5 64GB Verizon Tuesday I am complete love with it I had a Sprint 64GB iPhone 4S but the 5 is just amazing especially on Verizon's LTE network Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	645.3 KB 
ID:	23891
    Yay!! Enjoy!!

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD
    Junius8 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

got my first iphone ever 2 weeks ago . The new iphone 5,initial reactions were mixed after having been a blackberry user and member of crackberry.com for the past 4 years. Now after having a few weeks to get used to it,i can see how it beats the blackberrys hands down. i really am enjoying the experience having never fancied an iphone before. That was until i saw the 5 and falling in love with the look of it. That extra bit of screen really does make a huge difference.
    Junius8 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,379 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

Quote Originally Posted by maccauk View Post
    got my first iphone ever 2 weeks ago . The new iphone 5,initial reactions were mixed after having been a blackberry user and member of crackberry.com for the past 4 years. Now after having a few weeks to get used to it,i can see how it beats the blackberrys hands down. i really am enjoying the experience having never fancied an iphone before. That was until i saw the 5 and falling in love with the look of it. That extra bit of screen really does make a huge difference.
    Nice congrats. I remember when I left blackberry and got the 4S last year. It was instant love and satisfaction. I currently have the 5. Not gonna lie I'm curious with bb10 and now that images have leaked for the L series. I will keep my eyes open with that but right now my go to device hands down iPhone 5/iOS. It just works simple as that. Tried the sg3 for 2 weeks and came back running to the 5 again. Enjoy your phone.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sj-performance View Post
    Nice congrats. I remember when I left blackberry and got the 4S last year. It was instant love and satisfaction. I currently have the 5. Not gonna lie I'm curious with bb10 and now that images have leaked for the L series. I will keep my eyes open with that but right now my go to device hands down iPhone 5/iOS. It just works simple as that. Tried the sg3 for 2 weeks and came back running to the 5 again. Enjoy your phone.

yeah im a bit curious to with bb10 just round the corner,but to be honest i get the feeling its gonna be more of the same except more polished,as for looks i think id be hard pressed to find a phone now that looks as good or feels just right in the hand as my new white iphone. The more i explore it the more i like it. AS for the sg3 ,i would feel embarrassed holding that huge thing next to my ear.like i say never ever fancied one till the 5 came out,and they got it just right.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,379 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

Quote Originally Posted by maccauk View Post
    yeah im a bit curious to with bb10 just round the corner,but to be honest i get the feeling its gonna be more of the same except more polished,as for looks i think id be hard pressed to find a phone now that looks as good or feels just right in the hand as my new white iphone. The more i explore it the more i like it. AS for the sg3 ,i would feel embarrassed holding that huge thing next to my ear.like i say never ever fancied one till the 5 came out,and they got it just right.
    Yeah I know. I'm very content with iPhone especially the 5.

My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast