Black iPhone 5 antenna concern

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
A couple of the new reviews mentioned they are already noticing the black wearing off the antenna bands. This is not good if true. I haven't seen any pics of the claims, but this is one serious area of concern for me. I don't use a case and would hate for it to start showing silver.

I am sure Apple tested it for durability, but still....it's a concern for me.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I just wonder what they did to them for it to start to fade. They haven't even had one for a week and it starts to fade? I am wondering what kind of ringer they put it through. I guess we'll know for sure once the public has it and all methods of how people handle them start happening. You can never test for real world use.

Last edited:

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was anodized aluminium... maybe not?

i thought they only mentioned the back as anodized aluminum i could be wrong however i also ordered the black one i hope these are not true and maybe the review units have been put through the ringer already or these guys could be scratching it off or something to see what it would take i don't know what i do know is apple will be replacing it if it does happen or exchanging it for a white one.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That was the biggest sentence in human existence.

The smoke curled out of the barrel of her gun and drifted up to the ceiling where it caused an odd halo effect above the bare light bulb protruding from the cheap glass fixture that was meant as decoration but only served to sharpen the 100 watt glare that shone down upon the blood-soaked body of the man who had only moments before told her he loved her and would marry her as soon as he divorced his wife and worked out a financial arrangement that would allow them to leave this godforsaken city and never look back nor be haunted by the dark memories of lust and betrayal that she more or less had forgotten about but now came rushing back with a sudden ferocity when she remembered that she'd recently escaped from an insane asylum where she'd been held for eighteen years as a result of shooting her big sister's high school boyfriend after having sex with him and listening to him tell her that he loved her and wanted to marry her in a way that was eerily reminiscent of the dying man on the floor who had no idea that his wife was her big sister until she whispered it in his ear and then shot him in the head causing a hole that looked like a period

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just wonder what they did to them for it to start to fade. They haven't even had one for a week and it starts to fade? I am wondering what kind of ringer they put it through. I guess we'll know for sure once the public has it and all methods of how people handle them start happening. You can never test for real world use.

Yeah, I may be confused, too.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Clearly you don't pay attention. Post #7 in this thread.

Not very obvious. How about, "Here is the review which says..." It should have been in post #1.

And where is the other review? The claim that this was "a couple of new reviews". I only see one so far. I'm not saying it's not true, just that I can't evaluate hearsay.

Reactions: Premium1

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Not very obvious. How about, "Here is the review which says..." It should have been in post #1.

And where is the other review? The claim that this was "a couple of new reviews". I only see one so far. I'm not saying it's not true, just that I can't evaluate hearsay.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Reactions: DannyMichel

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site

Wow! Hey OP, just so you know, when I scanned quickly through this thread, I immediately saw the link to your article in post 7. Was pretty obvious to me.

Anyway, I hope this is not true. But it makes me
Glad that
I did not pr-order. I am waiting till the fanfare dies down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods