Shipping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I had a question about the shipping process of my iPhone 5. I ordered it on 9/14 at 12:30am, got the confirmation that it would be here 9/21. All of that is well and good.
I haven't received a "your order has shipped!" email from Apple as of yet, but I tried that UPS workaround with the reference number and all that to find my package, and it says that it has shipped.

Here comes the odd part. I have been tracking it like the impatient man I am, and noticed two odd things.

First, UPS says that it departed from Anchorage, AK and arrived in Louisville, KY. All fine. But earlier today I checked the tracking again and it told me that it was back in Anchorage, AK. Weird, no? Do you think this could just be a delay from when they scanned it from earlier?

Another odd thing - it says that the package is only 0.40kg in weight. Surely that can't be right...

L11h2.png

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Possibly. There's a 4 hour time difference between Anchorage and Louisville... and if the tracking history is sorted chronologically, it's possible that the flight from Anchorage to Louisville is less than 4 hours... so yeah... but either way, no need to worry. The phone will get there when it gets there... Patience, young grasshopper...

Reactions: anon(3733516)

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Possibly. There's a 4 hour time difference between Anchorage and Louisville... and if the tracking history is sorted chronologically, it's possible that the flight from Anchorage to Louisville is less than 4 hours... so yeah... but either way, no need to worry. The phone will get there when it gets there... Patience, young grasshopper...

haha I know, I'm impatient :p

thanks!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Weight is correct. That's about 1lb. Stop reading so much into everything. You'll get it soon enough ;). No one here has any answers. If anything we will feed your paranoia lol.

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't trying to be a buzz kill... iPhones are awesome... and the first one is special... but it will be here and all will be right with the world! :)

not a buzzkill at all :)

definitely special! been "upgrading" to the previous version during every other release due to the price drop of the then "old" devices, but I thought this was a worthy upgrade from the iPhone 4!

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hahahahaha, mine says .8. I thought maybe they messed up and shipped me two. Then I noticed mine was in pounds instead of kilos. :)

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Most likely a glitch in their scanning. Mine's still in KY. We'll see where they are on Wednesday. I would expect to see a departure scan from KY. I got my confirmation e-mail at 12:18am, and haven't gotten a shipping message from Apple yet. Also, as the others have mentioned, 1KG = 2.2 lbs. .4KG = .8lbs.

Last edited:

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Most likely a glitch in their scanning. Mine's still in KY. We'll see where they are on Wednesday. I would expect to see a departure scan from KY. I got my confirmation e-mail at 12:18am, and haven't gotten a shipping message from Apple yet. Also, as the others have mentioned, 1KG = 2.2 lbs. .4KG = .8lbs.

great to hear, thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2