Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Default Did you order from ATT.COM ?

AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
    I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .

Does anyone have anything other than PROCESSING on their ATT.COM order ??
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Pro

Something is going on between AT&T & Apple !

Not one single person who pre-ordered though att.com has gotten a tracking number or any indication that they will deliver by 9/21 . AT&T has always been late in the past but never this clueless.
    The staff act weird and they are apologetic and refer to misinformation from Apple and they pretty much say that chances of a 9/21 DELIVERY is Zero !

Does anyone here who ordered directly from att.com has an actual update besides " processing" ?!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

While my order still says processing, I don't think there's anything going on between Apple and AT&T, I just think that AT&T oversold a lot sooner than they anticipated and now are scrambling to identify which orders will not be fulfilled for 2-3 weeks.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 5 32GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Pro

Call them for **** & giggles !
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.

Apple has said they did not change any pre orders with AT$T and they most likely oversold and blaming Apple.
    Apple opened a case and are suppose contact AT$T and get back to me.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Pro

This is a huge mess for AT&T as they have to try to sort out who gets on the first batch list and who has to wait couple weeks.
    I just wish Apple would stop playing the " sold out on first day " game and release enough units to cover the entire preorders. But of course they know if they do that it will take away from the hype
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Really? Is this even necessary? None of you know anything for a fact about the details of this situation... so why not just wait and see before sending the more fragile members of this community off in a panic.

It's a phone. It will arrive when it arrives. The great majority will arrive on time, as promised. Can we move along now?
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,480 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Did anyone who ordered directly from AT&T check on the site?

If you show a qty backordered, your phone will be delayed. If you show a zero under backordered, you will get yours on the 21st.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Pro

I think it shows 0 on back order now till 9/21
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,480 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Except mine and many others say qty 1 on backorder. It's the first semi indicator of what is going on.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by theiphoneguy View Post
    Except mine and many others say qty 1 on backorder. It's the first semi indicator of what is going on.

What time did you order yours ?!

Mine shows 0. But I have a feeling tomorrow it'll be 2 lol
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine shows 1 ordered, in progress, pending shipment.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,480 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I ordered mine at 5:00 EDT
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine shows "processing" or "In progress", 0 back ordered, tracking number "Pending Shipment". I ordered at about 12:30 am PDT Friday.

I don't know about this information, but they don't seem to be giving tracking numbers to anybody, and I doubt that they are going to be late with everybody.
    Last edited by johndhynes; 09-18-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Time zone
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    iOS Version

What the hell. I'm so annoyed. My order still says PROCESSING. UGH I hate AT&T right now
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I got a FedEx tracking number at midnight. Doesn't work, though.
    iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPad 2
    iPhone user since 2009
    Jailbreaker
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

I think part of the problem is that AT&T had some ordering issues and a number of orders,mine being one of them, got stuck in the system. I received confirmation emails, but AT&T can't find the order and I was told this has happened to quite a few of the orders. They have committed to honoring the queue position for the stuck orders, but that is probably contributing to the situation....they don't yet have a complete picture of the ordering queue until they manage to unfreeze the stuck orders. I'm not confident of a Friday delivery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To make matters worse this seems to be impacting a number of orders through their premier site, which was how I ordered.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by johndhynes View Post
    I got a FedEx tracking number at midnight. Doesn't work, though.
    Got my tracking number too just looks like it hasn't gotten into FedExs hands yet, so it hasn't left AT&T yet. Should mean that they go out later today. Yay.
    Married 9/4/11
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    Got my tracking number too just looks like it hasn't gotten into FedExs hands yet, so it hasn't left AT&T yet. Should mean that they go out later today. Yay.
    good on you !
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pgood4 View Post
    I think part of the problem is that AT&T had some ordering issues and a number of orders,mine being one of them, got stuck in the system. I received confirmation emails, but AT&T can't find the order and I was told this has happened to quite a few of the orders. They have committed to honoring the queue position for the stuck orders, but that is probably contributing to the situation....they don't yet have a complete picture of the ordering queue until they manage to unfreeze the stuck orders. I'm not confident of a Friday delivery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To make matters worse this seems to be impacting a number of orders through their premier site, which was how I ordered.
    But how did you get the stubborn staff of AT&T to dig deeper to find out that your order was "stuck" ?
    All they tell me is that it is processing and I will get an email when its shipped but it wont ship before 9/21 and until then they can not do any kind of investigation.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    But how did you get the stubborn staff of AT&T to dig deeper to find out that your order was "stuck" ?
    All they tell me is that it is processing and I will get an email when its shipped but it wont ship before 9/21 and until then they can not do any kind of investigation.
    I was working with the premier team and I actually called twice. The first time the guy basically said give it some more time to update and the second person actually dug into the issue and traced through all the orders coming from my company. She was very thorough and when they didn't find my order they realized it was suck and escalated to the correct department for resolution. They said it would be up to 48 hours for resolution so I'm hoping to hear something today, but I'm still not optimistic that I'll get it on Friday despite what they said.

From a timing perspective I ordered mine and had my company approve it at 8:20 AM EDT. I see shipping updates coming from people who ordered after me so I'm hoping I'll still get Friday, but not verly optimistic. The rep I spoke with and her supervisor both indicated they had quite a few orders get stuck and they had to trace each one individually.
    iPhone Nanite

it is so strange
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pgood4 View Post
    I was working with the premier team and I actually called twice. The first time the guy basically said give it some more time to update and the second person actually dug into the issue and traced through all the orders coming from my company. She was very thorough and when they didn't find my order they realized it was suck and escalated to the correct department for resolution. They said it would be up to 48 hours for resolution so I'm hoping to hear something today, but I'm still not optimistic that I'll get it on Friday despite what they said.

From a timing perspective I ordered mine and had my company approve it at 8:20 AM EDT. I see shipping updates coming from people who ordered after me so I'm hoping I'll still get Friday, but not verly optimistic. The rep I spoke with and her supervisor both indicated they had quite a few orders get stuck and they had to trace each one individually.
    So if AT&T can actually pull my order up and see it as PROCESSING, that means it didnt get stuck?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,394 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
    I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .

Does anyone have anything other than PROCESSING on their ATT.COM order ??
    AT&T's website always says processing until the phones reach their warehouse and they have then processed your specific order. They do not know how many phones they will get in the first round. Their system is direct fullfillment policy, the phone will ship directly from their warehouse to your door. Once they are there they will start processing phones based on the order they were received. You will not get tracking information until this time. The phones might not show up until today, tomorrow, or even Friday. They might get small batches each of those days.

You are just going to have to wait.
    Last edited by sting7k; 09-19-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,480 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    AT&T's website always says processing until the phones reach their warehouse and they have then processed your specific order. They do not know how many phones they will get in the first round. Their system is direct fullfillment policy, the phone will ship directly from their warehouse to your door. Once they are there they will start processing phones based on the order they were received. You will not get tracking information until this time. The phones might not show up until today, tomorrow, or even Friday. They might get small batches each of those days.

You are just going to have to wait.
    First grade response in 3....2....1

You're face is just going to have to wait.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast