Did you order from ATT.COM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .

Does anyone have anything other than PROCESSING on their ATT.COM order ??

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Something is going on between AT&T & Apple !

Not one single person who pre-ordered though att.com has gotten a tracking number or any indication that they will deliver by 9/21 . AT&T has always been late in the past but never this clueless.
The staff act weird and they are apologetic and refer to misinformation from Apple and they pretty much say that chances of a 9/21 DELIVERY is Zero !

Does anyone here who ordered directly from att.com has an actual update besides " processing" ?!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
While my order still says processing, I don't think there's anything going on between Apple and AT&T, I just think that AT&T oversold a lot sooner than they anticipated and now are scrambling to identify which orders will not be fulfilled for 2-3 weeks.

HarleyCurve

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I just spent 2 hours on the phone with AT&T about my order and was told after speaking with 6 representatives that they will have no phones available to fulfill any pre-orders until October 4th. AT&T rep said Apple was pulled back all pre-orders. I am currently on hold with Apple.

Apple has said they did not change any pre orders with AT$T and they most likely oversold and blaming Apple.
Apple opened a case and are suppose contact AT$T and get back to me.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
This is a huge mess for AT&T as they have to try to sort out who gets on the first batch list and who has to wait couple weeks.
I just wish Apple would stop playing the " sold out on first day " game and release enough units to cover the entire preorders. But of course they know if they do that it will take away from the hype ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Really? Is this even necessary? None of you know anything for a fact about the details of this situation... so why not just wait and see before sending the more fragile members of this community off in a panic.

It's a phone. It will arrive when it arrives. The great majority will arrive on time, as promised. Can we move along now?

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine shows "processing" or "In progress", 0 back ordered, tracking number "Pending Shipment". I ordered at about 12:30 am PDT Friday.

I don't know about this information, but they don't seem to be giving tracking numbers to anybody, and I doubt that they are going to be late with everybody.

Last edited:

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the problem is that AT&T had some ordering issues and a number of orders,mine being one of them, got stuck in the system. I received confirmation emails, but AT&T can't find the order and I was told this has happened to quite a few of the orders. They have committed to honoring the queue position for the stuck orders, but that is probably contributing to the situation....they don't yet have a complete picture of the ordering queue until they manage to unfreeze the stuck orders. I'm not confident of a Friday delivery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To make matters worse this seems to be impacting a number of orders through their premier site, which was how I ordered.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I think part of the problem is that AT&T had some ordering issues and a number of orders,mine being one of them, got stuck in the system. I received confirmation emails, but AT&T can't find the order and I was told this has happened to quite a few of the orders. They have committed to honoring the queue position for the stuck orders, but that is probably contributing to the situation....they don't yet have a complete picture of the ordering queue until they manage to unfreeze the stuck orders. I'm not confident of a Friday delivery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To make matters worse this seems to be impacting a number of orders through their premier site, which was how I ordered.

But how did you get the stubborn staff of AT&T to dig deeper to find out that your order was "stuck" ?
All they tell me is that it is processing and I will get an email when its shipped but it wont ship before 9/21 and until then they can not do any kind of investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73