Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Bravo BigBoss: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Are Duds

His words, not mine. Well, who am I kidding, I agree wholeheartedly. Couldn't have said any of it better myselfBravo BigBoss: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Are Duds-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347953299.170542.jpgBravo BigBoss: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Are Duds-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347953309.113091.jpgBravo BigBoss: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Are Duds-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347953319.412830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shooter03 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I agree 100% the whole shebang was more of a iphone 4gs update and iOS was more like a 5.2 update at the most. There's nothing that impressed me in this year's unveiling. I was hoping for something with "wow" factor and all I said was "meh".

Tap'n Like A Boss
    I used to have a open mind but my brains kept falling out.

iPhone 5 32gb

IPad 3 32gb wifi

Apple TV 2
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Not only that. It's that the changes that have been made are just horrible. I fear terrible things are coming under Cook's watch. Just look at all the terrible things he's done so far

iPhone Beginner

I think people just like to overreact. iOS6 seems pretty awesome to me. Google Maps was kinda outdated and Apple Maps looks like it is going to do very well. perhaps it is not completely up to date with Google Maps in some areas, but the turn by turn direction will make it completely worth it.

Apart from that, you could probably get Google Maps as an app in the near future if you wanted to, and you can already get the youtube app too. He just doesn't want people to download it so you keep using Cydia, but we know that is coming out a few months or so after iOS6 is released.

Also, iPhone 5 looks pretty awesome if you ask me. It is indeed "just a little bit taller" but the design itself is still the best one out there. So thing, so many perfect definitions...it is an awesome device. And that is without even touching it, which I am sure once we do, we will fall in love with it...all over again.

The ONLY thing I think iOS needs to do, is update its UI a little bit. Apart from that, a lot of the updates in iOS6 are pretty awesome.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I think people's expectations were way too high. The iPhone 5 refresh seems to follow the incremental improvement model of the last 5 phones. Set your expectations too high and you are bound to be disappointed.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Screw Google Maps, there was no Turn By Turn on it and I never used Bus Routes. Im sure Google will release their Maps app in the the App Store like they did with YouTube. The YouTube app from the App store is alot better. It works out better for Apple, they can update the app as they want and they can put their advertising in it too, so they will actually make more money from it.
    Late 2011 15" i7 Macbook Pro - - iPhone 5 64GB Black/Slate (VZW) - - iPad 4 32GB Black WiFi - - Apple TV 3
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts

Never used google maps. Native YouTube sucked in my opinion. But a couple people's opinion don't mean anything when your preorder sales top 2 million. People said the same stuff about the 4s, the 4 and the 3GS. And what has it really meant? Nothing.
    Mobile Devices: LG G2
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Uh oh, better watch out Kch50428 and Seanhrcc will be all over you for making a post about this, they do not like anything that doesn't paint apple in a good light lol

Global Posts
    11,973 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Uh oh, better watch out Kch and Seanhrcc will be all over you for making a post about this, they do not like anything that doesn't paint apple in a good light lol
    Kindly redirect your renal output in a generally upward trajectory in close proximity to a length of woven hemp line.

Disagreement is one thing, being a wazoo aperture about it is entirely another. It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. You are the latter.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

I agree, nothing stood out to me in iOS 6. Not very impressed with it. I'll most likely hang on to iOS 5 for a while
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

lol, who really gives a phuck what big boss thinks
    kch50428, trandz and fresh618 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,194 Global Posts

I agree, iOS6 looks like Android 2.3. Very dated.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

Except people don't realize that what Apple is putting out still was designed under Steve's watch. If you think the iphone 5 was all Cook you are morons. Jobs had apple projects being worked on that aren't coming out for years.
    Alli likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,487 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I think that most of you need to skip a product cycle. That way you will be impressed with the changes. The slow and steady approach by Apple has been a winning combo. They just need to try to keep the lid on things a little bit more.
    mab4285 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Have the iOS 6 maps from Apple gotten better than they were in this comparison?
    https://twitter.com/aaronash/status/244925506686959616
    Last edited by Massie; 09-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,884 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

So here is the thing and this goes for pretty much everyone. Everyone has opinions and it is our given right to have them and to be able to express them. However many people in society seem to think their opinions dictates everyone elses. So no one ever expresses their opinions as such anymore they express them as if it's cold hard facts. They don't say things like I think this is or in my opinion, they say this is/was a flop. No, you think it's a flop that doesn't make it a flop. It maks it a flop to you and to others who agree with you.

I'm cool with people having their own opinions but when people speak as if their opinion is fact that aggravates the F out of me. I personally have been using the beta of iOS 6 on my iPod and iPad 3. I love it I love the fact that the iPad 3 now has Siri, I love the fact I don't have to open a F'in app to tweet or post on Facebook. I love the fact that I don't have to type my password to do updates. The YouTube app is gone big deal Google has already put up a new YouTube app in the Appstore. The maps app is gone ok I can see that being a gripe for people who use it but I think eventually Google will probably put out an iOS version of that too. I wont even bother getting into the iPhone 5 because owning an iPhone 4 I want this iPhone so bad it hurts.

Now read through all that you will see consistently I have said I this or I that or my opinion is. I never speak as if my opinions are concrete fact. If iOS 6 is more of a point upgrade who cares how does that make it any different? so if it had been released as 5.1.2 then he would have felt better about loading it unto his device? It is so irrational, as a Jailbreaker he should be happy that it's not that different because that means the JB apps, tweaks, etc wont have to be reworked monumentally to have them working.

Oh and the dock connecter really? so people are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on hi end headphones but good lord spending $10-18 on a dock connector how could you do this to us Apple? It is progress, I'm asking this to the people who are quibbling about the dock connector if they had put the same 30 pin connecter in but there was less batter life would it have made you happier? no because you would have probably been that the battery doesn't last as long. Come on be real here.
    Last edited by Ipheuria; 09-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

People are still seriously ranting about this?
    - iPhone 6; Space Grey, 64GB
    - iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
    - iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
    - iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPod touch 4G; 8GB
    - MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)

"You'll always be two steps behind me."

You'll shoot your eye out!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Have the iOS 6 maps from Apple gotten better than they were in this comparison?

that's funny. my maps have never looked like the one on the right, even during the betas
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,161 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

*yawn*

Sensationalistic blogging at it's best.

- iOS 6 is apparently already jailbroken...so heh, i guess his point was kind of pointless there.
    - the map issue is funny to me, this is like the 10th time i have seen someone trying to push an issue that people who are actually USING the app arn't getting. I guess the idea of half loading a screen and calling it a dud is the new tool for pushing agenda these days.
    - So he has an opinion about the iPhone 5's design, whooptie dee doo, should we start threads about the millions of other people who disagree?

...man i can't wait until TiPb gets back to where it normally is after all these dimwits soldier off into the sunset. You could set a clock but these stuff now...
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 09-18-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    *yawn*

Sensationalistic blogging at it's best.

...man i can't wait until TiPb gets back to where it normally is after all these dimwits soldier off into the sunset. You could set a clock but these stuff now...
    ha! i was thinking the same thing. i just cannot imagine putting in this much effort over at crackberry or wherever

it just goes to prove that people like to hate. i hate the Los Angeles Lakers. i get it. but i am not going to visit a LA Lakers forum and talk trash all day long and keep going back. mind blown
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,161 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    ha! i was thinking the same thing. i just cannot imagine putting in this much effort over at crackberry or wherever

it just goes to prove that people like to hate. i hate the Los Angeles Lakers. i get it. but i am not going to visit a LA Lakers forum and talk trash all day long and keep going back. mind blown
    Amen.

I seriously cannot stand Blackberry phones, i hate the way they perform, i hate the way they are designed, i hate the fact that i owned so many of them over my life time...that said, i've never once even considered signing into my old Crackberry account and dogging on the stuff they are doing these days, i don't have time for that bullsh*t, i love the phone i have, why would i want to go talk sh*t to people who don't care that i don't like their phone/s? Let 'em have it! I stand firmly behind the idea that these trolls come here because they are simply bored of their beloved Android devices and need something to fill the time...go join a softball league or something! Do something constructive! MAKE A BETTER PHONE!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    BLiNK and kch50428 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I stand firmly behind the idea that these trolls come here because they are simply bored of their beloved Android devices and need something to fill the time...go join a softball league or something!
    lmao, do you wanna go on a date?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

The trolls scream and rant that Apple must update. And when it does, they scream and rant that they don't like the update or that it (in the case of the adaptor) is too costly.

The trolls scream and fuss that Apple is going to wither under Cook's watch, even though both iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 (and probably 6) were completed well before Jobs' death.

Remember how I frequently say "don't feed the trolls?" It's still good advice.
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,161 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Remember how I frequently say "don't feed the trolls?" It's still good advice.
    But maaaaa...it's so hard not to feed them! They're so cute!
    JustMe'D likes this.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I wasn't looking for dramatic changes to iOS 6 and the iPhone 5. In-fact, I would have much rather things stay the same than be the way they are now. So many things in iOS 6 are changes for the worse, much like the taller idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast