iPhone vs. Galaxy SIII

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So i know that Samsung lost the patent lawsuit against Apple and was wondering why?

Is their software identical to iOS? Or was this a pure design of the product issue?

I just find it hard to believe that anyone would mistake a Galaxy SIII for an iPhone..

I mean the build quality alone is sub par to Apple.

I just don't think it was necessary for Apple to sue Samsung. Is Apple really threatened by Samsung.. I would think not...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Have you read any of the material related to the case? The case isn't related specifically to the SGS3. It's related to a string of samsung devices that were designed so closely to Apple's as well as some software patents. Did you know that Samsung's lawyer mistook an Galaxy tablet as an iPad? Yes they did.... in the courtroom. Google even demanded that Samsung stop making their stuff look so much like Apple's. Did you see Samsung's store opening a couple weeks ago? Guess what it looked like? An Apple store. By your questions it doesn't even seem like you took the time to even read the specifics of the case and the outcome. Maybe take a few mins to do a little research. Oh yeah, did you know samsung was suing LG for LCD technology. So it's ok for them to sue but not Apple? Again, go read the facts before you even make a judgement.

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you read any of the material related to the case? The case isn't related specifically to the SGS3. It's related to a string of samsung devices that were designed so closely to Apple's as well as some software patents. Did you know that Samsung's lawyer mistook an Galaxy tablet as an iPad? Yes they did.... in the courtroom. Google even demanded that Samsung stop making their stuff look so much like Apple's. Did you see Samsung's store opening a couple weeks ago? Guess what it looked like? An Apple store. By your questions it doesn't even seem like you took the time to even read the specifics of the case and the outcome. Maybe take a few mins to do a little research. Oh yeah, did you know samsung was suing LG for LCD technology. So it's ok for them to sue but not Apple? Again, go read the facts before you even make a judgement.

WOW!!! You seem personally affected by this...

Take it down a notch..

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Then why do they want them to stop selling the S3????

I guess that is what is throwing me off.

Because of the software patents that were ruled against samsung. Once Apple won the case, they added the SGS3 to the list. And just like Samsung did with the Nexus (that got temporarily banned) they'll probably make some "tweaks" so it doesn't violate the patents anymore. It is isn't just physical features. Software plays a big part in this as well. Again, did you do any reading?

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Because of the software patents that were ruled against samsung. Once Apple won the case, they added the SGS3 to the list. And just like Samsung did with the Nexus (that got temporarily banned) they'll probably make some "tweaks" so it doesn't violate the patents anymore. It is isn't just physical features. Software plays a big part in this as well. Again, did you do any reading?

No only read headlines! Figured I'd ask hear to skip the reading..

Your response makes it much clearer now.

Thank you and now I can skip the reading because of people like you in the iMore community that actually help other members.

:)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
WOW!!! You seem personally affected by this...

Take it down a notch..

No not really because I use both devices. Just saying, that you're making statements and it appears you haven't read a thing. Now, how is that possible? You're on the internet but yet you don't want to take the time to read the facts for yourself and then make statements that don't make any sense. I just don't get that part. It's not like it's secret knowledge that only can be found through posting on imore forums. Look how fast I found you a link that explains the outcome ;)

Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy S III, Galaxy 10.1, and Galaxy Note to Injunction List - Tapscape

Apple wins lawsuit against Samsung, as jury awards $1B for patent infringement | Fox News

Notice the title of the second article:

Apple wins lawsuit against Samsung, as jury awards $1B for patent infringement

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Google seems kinda worried also I'm surprised that apple hasn't sued them at least on the software related side of it

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's what the issue is really about. Apple has patented the rectangle. Its brilliant! Because they got the patent for the rectangle, they didnt have to bother getting one for the square.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No only read headlines! Figured I'd ask hear to skip the reading..

Your response makes it much clearer now.

Thank you and now I can skip the reading because of people like you in the iMore community that actually help other members.

:)

LOL. You give a man a fish.....

Personally, I'd rather know the details myself then what others say from their skewed opinion. To each it's own though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
LOL. You give a man a fish.....

Personally, I'd rather know the details myself then what others say from their skewed opinion. To each it's own though.

If you weren't in the courtroom for the entire trial, they what you get (even from reading published reports) is "what others say from their opinions". #justsaying.

xofruitcake

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL.

Try this blog. The patent battle is enormously complicate around the globe but it is very interesting since that go to the heart of what is free technology? what is protected technology? What is stand and essential patent? And why is Apple, Samsung, Google, Motorola, HTC are all putting enormous amount of money trying to hold their own and protect their IP..

FOSS Patents

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you weren't in the courtroom for the entire trial, they what you get (even from reading published reports) is "what others say from their opinions". #justsaying.

Agreed but you know what I mean. At least the actual report from fox news or any other reputble outlet is better than getting you primary knowledge from discussion forums AND making a bold opinion on it. Just my thoughts on the matter but no need for further discussion. Not that important.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know when there devices are going to get pulled from retailer shelves? Or is it more of an if right now?

Hasn't been anything out about that as of yet. Just that Samsung pay Apple 1 billion in damages. But the injuction Apple filed is a separate thing that may take a little while.

Reactions: tbaptista

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hasn't been anything out about that as of yet. Just that Samsung pay Apple 1 billion in damages. But the injuction Apple filed is a separate thing that may take a little while.

The hearing on banning the devices is scheduled for Dec 6. Apple tried to move it up, but the judge refused... so at this point nothing has been banned, and nothing will be pulled from the shelves until (1) the hearing is completed, (2) Apple wins an injunction and (3) Apple posts the required bond with the court to enforce the ban. There's a ways to go on this one...

And that doesn't even consider the almost certain appeals on Samsung's behalf.

My question is: What happened to Samsung's threat to sue Apple for LTE patent infringement "as soon as they announce the iPhone 5"? BS, or is it in the works? I've heard nothing about any suit actually being filed.

Reactions: scorpiodsu

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter anyhow, Samsung will appeal and not have to pay the $1B when all is said and done. The bigger issue is if the patents are actually valid, which the jury was specifically told to ignore.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter anyhow, Samsung will appeal and not have to pay the $1B when all is said and done. The bigger issue is if the patents are actually valid, which the jury was specifically told to ignore.

Their appeal was already denied, their secondary appeal does not look even as strong as the first...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711