Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    canadaiphonelover's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default Canadians, will you choose your iPhone 5 carrier based on the HD Voice capability?

    Basically, Bell claims they are the only nationwide carrier to offer HD Voice, which provides the clearest call quality available. (source: )

    I was wondering what do you think about this "new feature"...BTW, I haven't read any reviews about how HD Voice works in Canada yet.
  2. #2  
    Sharma15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default

    I think it's a gimmick. My call quality is pleanty fine on the 4S with 3G. I think it's just a way of carriers to use up more data then require in hopes to make smart phone users pay more for data or to increase their allowance on data. If theres an off switch for it il be the first one to use it.
  3. #3  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    I'm also on the gimmick wagon also right now. It is just like all the 3D movies coming out. In time maybe it will become a feature, call qaulity is fine now but imagine a more natural call where you feel like the person is standing right beside you. I've had calls where I had to see if my volume was all the way up or I had to ask the person to repeat themselves. However I think this is for the non-techie people who will say "OOhh HD" that means crystal clear calls I'm signing up with Bell.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  4. #4  
    floydstyle's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    I will not switch to Bell for that reason. I want to stay with Rogers but I wanna see what kind of offer they are willing to give me this Friday. Otherwise, I'll switch to Telus probably. Then wife's iphone next year
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    canadaiphonelover's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharma15 View Post
    I think it's a gimmick. My call quality is pleanty fine on the 4S with 3G. I think it's just a way of carriers to use up more data then require in hopes to make smart phone users pay more for data or to increase their allowance on data. If theres an off switch for it il be the first one to use it.

    Hmmm...I don't if HD voice will use more data. I'm eager to read some hands-on testing reports on this...
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    canadaiphonelover's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I'm also on the gimmick wagon also right now. It is just like all the 3D movies coming out. In time maybe it will become a feature, call qaulity is fine now but imagine a more natural call where you feel like the person is standing right beside you. I've had calls where I had to see if my volume was all the way up or I had to ask the person to repeat themselves. However I think this is for the non-techie people who will say "OOhh HD" that means crystal clear calls I'm signing up with Bell.
    I'm with you. Often feel that the volume is not up enough on my iPhone 4...
  7. #7  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floydstyle View Post
    I will not switch to Bell for that reason. I want to stay with Rogers but I wanna see what kind of offer they are willing to give me this Friday. Otherwise, I'll switch to Telus probably. Then wife's iphone next year
    might want to make sure they have geat coverage before you switch to Telus. I had a co-worker who had an iPhone 4. We both had offices in the basement of the building we worked in. He would come in to work and when he stepped into the basement his bars fluctuated between none to 2 bars the whole time. My phone on Fido in the same location had full bars and it has always been that way since I've owned it talk to people all the time never had a dropped call. We switch his SIM into my unlocked phone to see if it was some sort of antennae issue. It was the same on my phone as soon as the Fido SIM went back in boom full bars. He called Telus to tell them and customer service told him that it was comparing apples to oranges. "Telus can't gaurantee any signal strength once you enter a building" so basically if you want to be guaranteed signal strength you better be using your phone in the middle of a feild LOL.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)

Posting Permissions