Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

• Nope, kept my previous phone phone.

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Yes, now I'm using an even older iPhone while waiting.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Yes, Im using an Android phone while waiting.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Yes, Im using a Blackberry while waiting.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, Im using a Windows Phone 7/6.5 while waiting.

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 4S on Thursday during the day to have the money to pay for a 5 and now using a very OLD Nexus One. It's rough but better than trying to go back to a Blackberry for the week.

If you did sell you phone, what phone are you using now?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I sold it but won't make the transaction until next Friday...makes it nice when you have coworkers that want an iPhone but not the newest one and don't mind waiting until i get mine from UPS.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I will sell my iPhone 4S and my fiance's iPhone 4 once we get our iPhone 5's on Friday. I don't have any spare phones and am surely not going to go buy flip phones for the meantime.

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone for 4S for $410 a week ago and I'm currently using the SGS3 . tho I've been using the S3 for a few months now as my daily driver. Can't wait for the 5 to arrive one Friday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was going to sell my SGS3 to offset the cost but ended up trading. My wife has a 4 and she wanted a 4S (mostly for Siri). So I was going to end up buying a 4s and them selling her 4 too. I was able to find someone who wanted to trade with a little cash on top so saved me a few steps and both of us got to upgrade.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Is $325-$350 what I should get for a 16gb 4s in pristine shape?

Prices are going to plummet in the next week. It depends on where you sell. Typically phones go for more on ebay but the fees are pretty steep (about 10% or more). I usually use Craigslist.

I am guessing prices will fall to about $300 for the 4S 16GB by next weekend

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Prices are going to plummet in the next week. It depends on where you sell. Typically phones go for more on ebay but the fees are pretty steep (about 10% or more). I usually use Craigslist.

I am guessing prices will fall to about $300 for the 4S 16GB by next weekend

Prices for iPhone generally don't drop as much even with a new release. Id still expect 4s to be 375-425 (depending on condition and additional accessories). I would say this week is probably not the best week to try to get the most. Mate wait a couple more weeks and you'll see how the fire sales stop and prices become more level and back to true value then those people who are selling at low prices for a quick sale. Also it depends on carrier. AT&T you may get more due to unlocking and gsm network.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my 4 (Sprint) right now on eBay. It's in great condition. I'm hoping to get like 150 after the fees and everything if not more. (PM me if you know anyone that wants a link..lol *shameless self promotion) Does that sound pretty reasonable?

And of course, I scheduled it to end next Thursday night and I will be shipping it out to the buyer as soon as mine comes in. :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my 4 (Sprint) right now on eBay. It's in great condition. I'm hoping to get like 150 after the fees and everything if not more. (PM me if you know anyone that wants a link..lol *shameless self promotion) Does that sound pretty reasonable?

And of course, I scheduled it to end next Thursday night and I will be shipping it out to the buyer as soon as mine comes in. :)

Use swappa.com. Much lower fees.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
i sold my iphone 4s 16 gb white at&t (but unlocked it through at&t customer service) for $450 with brand new untouched accessories (since i have so many old cords/chargers laying around)

also i sold it 2 weeks prior to september 12 announcement, i thought this was the best way to get every penny out of it. suffering 2 weeks with an old android is pretty good IMO.

oh and i had an upgrade available. so i preordered 16 gb white iphone 5 for 212.44+36(activation fee for at&t)=roughly $250 and another $50 will go to accessories. so i was able to save a $150 :)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, however, I can't vote in the poll as there is no choice for using the same model iPhone. I sold my Black 4S to Gazelle for $400 which covered the subsidized price of the 64GB iPhone 5. Now I am using my unlocked AT&T White iPhone 4S and trying to decide if I should sell this one to Gazelle as well for $400 once my new iPhone arrives. This way I can bank the money and use it next year, or the year after for a new iPhone.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No, I sold my 4S, but only for when I'll have the 5 in my hands... Someone is gonna come at work sometime next friday night and take the 4S and give me the money I'll then use to replenish my credit card. :D

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 is on eBay now. Anything I get will be considered a bonus since I basically has the amount saved for my upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox