Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

• Nope, kept my previous phone phone.

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Yes, now I'm using an even older iPhone while waiting.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Yes, Im using an Android phone while waiting.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Yes, Im using a Blackberry while waiting.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, Im using a Windows Phone 7/6.5 while waiting.

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
No. I'm probably going to keep my 4 as a backup; however, I may sell it along with my 4th gen. IPod touch to pay for a 32GB 5th gen touch.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I sold my white 4S 32GB for $350 Friday. I'm using my back up 3GS until I get my iPhone 5 Friday. Can?t wait!!!!!!!! It's been an experience going from a 4S to a 3GS. It's amazing how slow this thing is compared to the 4S. It just shows how far the iPhone has come from 2009 to now.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I replaced my 64Gb 4S and Wife's 32GB 4 with a 64gb 5 and a 32 GB 5.

Traded both old ones to Amazon for $800. I have to ship it to them by WEDNESDAY though!
If I want to keep them till release date, I would lose another $100, so I will just back everything up on Wednesday and ship and go phoneless for couple days :( lol

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I sold my 4s on a local classified site (not craigslist). I am currently rocking an 8gb 3gs.... soooooooooooooooooooooooooo long till Friday.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sold my white 64GB ATT 4S for $400 on eBay instant sale (or whatever they call it). Doesn't have to be there until 10/1 so hopefully I'll get my iPhone 5 this Friday!

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sold the iPhone 4, 32 gb, black on Craigslist for $360 in early September. If you're patient and don't mind the hassle, Craigslist is really where you get the most $ (after fees, etc.). Can't wait for the 5! :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My 16gig 4s just sold for 386 on eBay with detail when I sold it I would not ship till I got my other phone on Friday and in my add I put a 5 day hands time once payment is made to ship lol just to be safe lol

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 4S on Thursday during the day to have the money to pay for a 5 and now using a very OLD Nexus One. It's rough but better than trying to go back to a Blackberry for the week.

If you did sell you phone, what phone are you using now?

I'd rather rock the BlackBerry for a week over a Nexus One.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Samsung Galaxy Ace for about 2weeks already and I'm vomiting blood every single time I touch it. It's so slow. laggy. glitchy. internet is like a snail. I can hardly read anything on it. Oh my... iPhone 4S spoilt me.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Gazelle.com Baby!

i just quoted my 4s 16 GB AT&T which looks almost flawless at Gazelle and they offered me $288 as opposed to Amazon where i can sell it with the battery case, jailbroken and unlocked for around $400 maybe more. (they have $370 for just the phone right now)
am I missing something here or Amazon is simply a MUCH MUCH better place to sell your iphone??

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
i just quoted my 4s 16 GB AT&T which looks almost flawless at Gazelle and they offered me $288 as opposed to Amazon where i can sell it with the battery case, jailbroken and unlocked for around $400 maybe more. (they have $370 for just the phone right now)
am I missing something here or Amazon is simply a MUCH MUCH better place to sell your iphone??

Amazon is THE place to sell your iphone if you dont mind their gift card. :)

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've considered selling my phones before to a company online (Amazon, Gazelle, etc) but my concern always was that once they receive it they will change the offer and try to screw you because now they have your phone hostage and will be more likely to take the lower offer. Anyone have that happen?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't ship off or get rid of something til the payment is in my hand (or account). Just one of my rules to live by.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
even though i have an upgrade coming up in Dec i am seriously considering selling my 4S ASAP and paying the difference to get the 5

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather rock the BlackBerry for a week over a Nexus One.

I was using a BlackBerry 9700 for the weekend. I had to use the Nexus One, no email was killing me cause of the Stupid Blackberry data plans. No apps, email, web browsing made me wanna vomit.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Sold my iP4 16Gig for $200. Put an extra $100 with it and got a 32Gig Black iP5! :cool: Just waiting on FedEx now!

I use an old Palm Centro that we use a back-up phone till it gets here. No Prob though. Just means my ipad will get even more action for a week or so.:D