Early bird...

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So as I did with the ip4 and ip4s I go to Verizon on release day, and show up when they open to get the new iPhone. I never have a problem, I usually wait 30 minutes and I'm good to go. I see a lot of people preorder online. Does anyone show up at the store. Maybe I'm just weird that I think there well be a mix up online and a big hassle to get it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing both...(Everybody gives me crap for camping out but its not that bad)

I pre ordered 3 phones and will be buying a few on the 9/21.....(I buy em for my boys deployed)

I buy em, get em unlocked, and send em to Afghanistan, Iraq and other places down range where my boys need good coms.

My dad, a Vietnam Vet, and I recently discharged Marine, send packages to troops every month....(packages like this I send to my old platoon mates)

To answer your question.......I do to...

As for how long to get there....

The iphone 4 sold out in 24 hours, the Iphone 4s 22 hours, and the Iphone 5.......60 MINUTES....

Might want to add an hour or two on to your normal early bird time.....

Good luck!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So as I did with the ip4 and ip4s I go to Verizon on release day, and show up when they open to get the new iPhone. I never have a problem, I usually wait 30 minutes and I'm good to go. I see a lot of people preorder online. Does anyone show up at the store. Maybe I'm just weird that I think there well be a mix up online and a big hassle to get it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I bought my first iPhone at the Apple store on launch day... waited about 3 hours... it was a party atmosphere, but frankly, after having done it once, I don't feel the need to do it again.

I bought the new iPad (3) at BestBuy on launch day. Waited less than 30 minutes. Less of a party atmosphere, but still interesting.

I bought most other devices (iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad (1), iPad2, retina MBP direct from Apple online - pre-ordering when the option was available. I've never had a problem or mixup to get straightened out.

Rather than getting up early and standing (sitting/sleeping) in line, I stayed up until midnight, ordered, got my confirmation email timestamped as 12:01, and went to bed. Now I just have to wait for someone to bring it to me. #win.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Fausty, what bestbuy in the Phoenix area did you wait for iPad 3? I was 4th in line in north Scottsdale on raintree.

The Arrowhead. They opened at 9:00 (regular time), and I got there about 8:30... was 3rd in line... walked out with the iPad about 9:10. I have a buddy who went to the (now closed) Happy Valley store in Surprise and had a similar experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR