Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    iMore Intermediate

132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    unacceptable. i refuse to believe we have to wait for some pimply faced teen that lives in his parents basement to tear one down to see what we're working with

i want to see something in writing.
    Sure. Then are Statisfied with the number of answers your getting?
    My take on apple not mentioning gorilla glass 2 is probably because it's not even worth mentioning.
    Nobody gives a damn.
    The only reason oter competitors mention it. Is because they do not have any more to offer.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iPhone Beginner

50 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

I care. I like knowing my iphone has been made stronger and less prone to breaking, should I drop it.

The 4S will crack like Humpty Dumpty if you drop it. Thankfully I've been lucky but its always a fear. I'm hoping with the aluminum back and possibly gorilla glass 2 on the front, that dropping the iphone 5 by accident will be less likely to damage it.
    iPhone Nanite

9 Posts

My Droid X2 has GG1 and after almost a year in my pocket and getting laid screen side down with no screen protector it looks like the day I got it. The GG screen is pretty much the only part of the DX2 that I actually like.

Assuming that the iPhone 5 does have GG2 (which the reliable sources all seem to indicate) the screen is going to be pretty much bomb-proof. Check out this video from Corning on GG2. Amazing!

This Video Showing How Tough The iPhone 5ís Screen Will Be Will Make Your Jaw Drop | Cult of Mac
    iPhone Intermediate

269 Posts
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

I accept the fact that if I am to drop it from waist high onto concrete, the iPhone will probably sustain some sort of damage whether it's made from Gorilla Glass 2 or pure diamond.

I'm more concerned with "everyday scratch resistance": keys, coins, a pebble in my pocket with the iPhone etc . . . from what I'm reading, sounds like the GG2 display wont be scratched from those elements. This may prevent me from getting a screen protector this time around (a big step for someone like me with "iPhone OCD")
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12