Why doesn't Apple change???

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
i think the Iphone 5 looks great with the bigger screen and thinner but why, oh why can t apple change the look of the homescreen and change things. its the same old boring screen and icons.. come on, its been almost 6 years now!!

Don't you think they could give us a little more than that? why cant they give us even some of the things you can get from Jailbreak.. I'm not asking for a total revamp, but at least pics with contacts, ability to add themes, maybe color keyboards or allowing us to put icons where we want..

IMO, keeping things the same, boring way is going to hurt them with sales eventually.

Just my two cents..

freight48

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It's good the way it is in my opinion. It's familiar and easy to use. OP, your phone is jailbroken, you can make it look any way you want to...

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone screen is perfect. Different isn't better. Better is better. I don't see how changing something this intuitive is possible without making it worse.

Would you prefer a start menu?

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
110% on the same boat as you. The iOS is made for simplicity, which is why all generations are able to use it, it's not completely customizable like in android. I always had to jailbreak mine. This way I had toggles, contact pics and such. I like how they incorporated the notification center on iOS5 it was a huge leap, I wish when they presented iOS6 it was even a bigger leap. But it wasn't and I was disappointed. I'm not asking for a huge revamp either, then I might as well go all out on android, but I do want exceptionally new features that can make iOS6 another wow update.

Don't get me wrong, I preordered my iPhone 5, just as it hit midnight opening sale..I'm already use to it, it certainly isn't LACKING features of any sort, but it can be a little more inventive if we are indeed in its 6th year celebration of iOS.

Maybe this is just me on the other note..did anyone just completely wish Phil was like.....WRONG, ALL THOSE LEAKS ARE FAKE, HERE IS THE TECH-REVOLUTIONIZING IPHONE 5 and completely blow the brains of the customers and developers out of the way?

Yeah I know it's impossible to keep leaks from happening, freaking millions of iPhone 5s are in development under apple workers hand..but what's the point of anticipation if from now on..everything is foresee-able. Really kills the thrill of a release.its like watching one of those movie preview with an exceptionally great plot and ending that preview with what happened. It's not worth watching the movie anymore once it's released.

I overlooked this somewhere, but if Steve jobs was still here, I think the new generation iPhone release would have had taken a completely different toll. (I know jobs was in the making of iPhone 5 though, hell he probably thought of the next 10 generations) but just saying.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i don't see a problem with it at all, it does what i need it to do. so they change the homescreen cosmetically, people will get bored with that too

and i highly doubt this will affect sales by the way

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i think the Iphone 5 looks great with the bigger screen and thinner but why, oh why can t apple change the look of the homescreen and change things. its the same old boring screen and icons.. come on, its been almost 6 years now!!

Don't you think they could give us a little more than that? why cant they give us even some of the things you can get from Jailbreak.. I'm not asking for a total revamp, but at least pics with contacts, ability to add themes, maybe color keyboards or allowing us to put icons where we want..

IMO, keeping things the same, boring way is going to hurt them with sales eventually.

Just my two cents..

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Freight. I was jailbroken but I had issues so I had to restore. I'm waiting for 6 to see what it's like.

I agree it's simple and people know how to use it, but it looks from pictures the icons haven't changed either. A little change there would be nice. Contact pics I'm contact app would be nice. Not asking for jailbreak world. Just some little things. And yea. It might not effect sales now but who knows later.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I really enjoy watching people complain about every new iPhone with the changes or lack thereof. Those that have been here for awhile will remember the crying following the 3GS: "They didn't change anything!" And then the flip side with the 4: "It's different, I need to buy a new case WAHHHH" I have no real issues with current iOS design, but the small things I like to change I achieve through jailbreak. If you really want to change things yourself the same option is available to you, and from years of watching iOS evolve I really think apple watches the jailbreak community for ideas to improve iOS. Many things I thought you were essential to iOS in the past could only be achieved by jailbreak (backgrounding being the biggest one) and then were implemented. If you really look iOS HAS changed a lot over the years. The home screen may look pretty similar (remember when you couldn't set a wallpaper?) but overall improvements have been made.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Gee thanks forever29. Way to be mature. This is a forum. It's my opinion.

There are already plenty of threads expressing disappointment. Why people keep making more and more doesn't make sense. We get it. You're disappointed. Talk about it in already existing threads. Heck, there was already a thread made in the stickies on Wednesday asking what you thought of the iPhone 5.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I change my iPhone all the time. I have different icons, some not square, that I can put anywhere on the screen. My clock icon shows the current time with moving second hand and my weather icon shows current weather conditions and temp. I have 5 icons in the dock. I have settings and widgets in notification center. Right now I have animated fish swimming on my homescreen. Sometimes I make it look like Android, just to surprise people. There's no end how you can customize your iPhone if you're jailbroken.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

Just my two cents..

I agree. I've been an iOS person since 2007 (4 phones, 2 iPads, 3 nanos and an iPod touch), and I'm bored.

I used to think "how could anyone use something other than an iPhone?" Now I know why.

I would think after five years, you'd be allowed to want to see what else might be out there to try.

Last edited:

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple will continue incremental iOS improvements for many years. If changing "themes" is what you need to be happy with your phone, don't hold your breath.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77