- iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Preorder not arriving for 3 weeks. Can I camp out launch day?
I successfully preordered my iPhone 5 at 1:26am PDT but it won't arrive for 3 weeks. Now that I officially have my order in can I still go to the Apple store on launch day and try to try one there earlier?
How would that work since the AT&T computer will say I'm already upgraded and, therefore, not eligible anymore? Does Apple have the option to just fulfill that order on the spot? Anyone ever do this?
- 09-15-2012, 07:06 AM #2
- 09-15-2012, 08:17 AM #3iPhone Pro
- 607 Posts
I guess you could cancel your order and call Apple to see if they release your account upgrade, they might be able to do that, after canceling and calling Apple go back to the app store and add an iphone to the cart and see what price you get, it is a risk because you might end up canceling the order and not being able to get it on launch day.
- 09-15-2012, 08:27 AM #4iPhone Intermediate
- 370 Posts
- iOS Version
Today I canceled my Apple pre-order because it said October. Theres no point in me keeping it when I'll have one someplace else by October. You'll more than likely get one Friday if you cancel the order. 64GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 4G 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz
- 09-15-2012, 08:32 AM #5
- 09-15-2012, 08:42 AM #6
- 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM #7iPhone Genius
- 5,219 Posts
- iOS Version
You definitely want to check. Just because YOU have cancelled the order, it doesn't mean that your carrier will restore your upgrade immediately ... or at all without your asking/contacting them. iPhone 5 (Black.32GB.AT&T) iPad Mini (Black.32GB.WiFi) iPad (3Gen.Black.64GB.AT&T) MacBook Pro (15" 2012.Retina Display.i7) iMac (21.5" 2011.i5) AppleTV (3Gen)
- 09-15-2012, 11:50 AM #8
- 09-15-2012, 12:06 PM #9
I did the same pre-ordered late. In my case I will wait simply because next Friday will be insane! How the pre-orders went should give you the type crazyness it will be on launch day. I don't have the time to get in lines and risk not getting one and having to pre-order again which can push it further in October. Why not just wait? Who knows you might get it late September and not October? You have to realize the shipping estimate is always the worst case scenario . I would rather wait 2-3 weeks and enjoy my jailbroken 4s for the time being.
- 09-15-2012, 12:09 PM #10
- 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM #11
- 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM #13
I've done the camping out at my local Best buy when the 4 launched. I arrived at 6AM and was the third in line. Two had camped out over night. I guess it just depends on where you are. I live in a town of 55K people but it is the only best buy for 200 miles. There were nine phones and 13 people showed up by the end.
If you have the time to camp, go for it. If you don't I'd hold on to your preorder. It was impossible to get one in the store for several weeks after the initial launch. When they did come in they were reserved for in store preorder pick ups. If you don't have time to camp, keep your preorder. First come first serve on those.[BFollow me @markhunsaker on Twitter[/B]
- 09-16-2012, 11:17 AM #14