Use unlocked iPhone 5 without SIM?

JoRddZeCkO

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Well I Pre Ordered the unlocked iPhone 5 (unlocked was the only option on the UK Apple Store)
but... The network I want to stay with wont be getting the nano SIM for a while. :(

I was wondering when I receive the iPhone on the 21st will I be able to just turn it on and use it on Wifi with out calls/text ect until My network has the nano SIM available.

Thank You.

Jordan

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
It would be exactly like having an iPod Touch.

Speaking of which, I also need a nano-SIM, as the one they're shipping is for a different number. I just hope that AT&T will have them in the store on launch day.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoRddZeCkO

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hello, Well I Pre Ordered the unlocked iPhone 5 (unlocked was the only option on the UK Apple Store)
but... The network I want to stay with wont be getting the nano SIM for a while. :(

I was wondering when I receive the iPhone on the 21st will I be able to just turn it on and use it on Wifi with out calls/text ect until My network has the nano SIM available.

Thank You.

Jordan

I am also in the UK and have pre-ordered too without a nano SIM. I am on o2, what's your network?

JoRddZeCkO

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the giffgaff network which shares the o2 signal but is a lot cheaper but they're really slow when it comes to getting with the times lol. Do o2 have a tariff that would be good for the iPhone 5? I'm looking for at least 700+MB 200+Minutes unlimited-Text's a month.

I've been practicing cutting down SIM's to nano and I cant do it I keep sanding to much off the back haha!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I saw a video showing how to do it, but they used a caliper and weren't able to test it. Since I have a couple of microSIMs maybe I'll try cutting one down.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro