Early Arrival Early Activation?

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
When chatting up the Verizon Lady this AM she said if you receive the phone before 9/21 you cannot activate until 9/21.........

And I was like "Whattttttt"

and she was like "I know.........Rightttttt?"

And then we were both like "shhhiiiiiiiittttt"

Seriously though......

Anyone receive a phone early and if so could you activate early?

Gracias...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why not if I get it early I'm going into a Verizon store and being like hmm can you activate this lol a day before launch lol

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Geez people... the chances you get the phone before 9/21 are something so close to nil that getting all jizzed up about the possibility of it is futile.

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
why is everyone so convinced that the phone won't be shipped early? The past 3 iphones have arrived a few days before official launch. Two years ago I got my verizon iphone 4 3-4 days before launch and activated it the day it arrived. Last year a friend pre ordered the 4s and got it 1-2 days before launch and was able to activate it the day it arrived. I haven't heard anything specifically said about not shipping early so I don't understand why a few people are taking the hard stance of it's def not gonna happen. it COULD happen. They have never in the past said it was gonna ship early and suddenly everyone's arrived. just saying...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
why is everyone so convinced that the phone won't be shipped early? The past 3 iphones have arrived a few days before official launch. Two years ago I got my verizon iphone 4 3-4 days before launch and activated it the day it arrived. Last year a friend pre ordered the 4s and got it 1-2 days before launch and was able to activate it the day it arrived. I haven't heard anything specifically said about not shipping early so I don't understand why a few people are taking the hard stance of it's def not gonna happen. it COULD happen. They have never in the past said it was gonna ship early and suddenly everyone's arrived. just saying...

I've only heard about orders arriving early one year. I said 99.9% chance you won't get it early, if you get yours though feel free to come back and throw it in my face. ;)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Look.. Phones are being shipped such that they are not delivered before 9/21. Apple has explicit instructions with carriers and delivery companies to hold items for delivery starting 9/21. Yes, in the past a few have made it to people early. That was NEVER repeat NEVER done by design. It was due to human error. It is foolhardy to EXPECT delivery before 9/21. Period. If it should happen, consider yourself (expletive deleted) lucky... but again, it did not happen because it was designed to. It would be pure luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Everyone is so convinced of such because the amount of people who actually got their iPhones earlier than release day was such a tiny, minuscule amount (I'm guessing less than 1% easily) that it's absurd to give anyone any positive hope that it will happen for them...much less go as far as worrying about whether or not a person could activate it early. You are one of the EXTREMELY few if you get one early, and my guess is, nobody is legitimately going to post about an early arrival this year...but I'm sure (like usual), people will claim they got it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Because you know they know everything and because they said so it won't happen /s..:eek:

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I feel like the guy who made the Anti Islam movie.....Everyone fighting....

I wasn't saying it would come early, the lady on the phone went out of her way 3 times to say if it arrives early I can't activate it until 9/21......

Thats all....

(Slowly backing away)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel like the guy who made the Anti Islam movie.....Everyone fighting....

I wasn't saying it would come early, the lady on the phone went out of her way 3 times to say if it arrives early I can't activate it until 9/21......

Thats all....

(Slowly backing away)

You're all good man, there has just been an influx of people that want to make sure people know that 3 out of 3,000,000,000,000 people who bought an iPhone at one time got it early and try to make it seem like it's something everyone should expect.

As far as activation, I can't see why she would tell you that, unless they simply can't physically activate the nano sims until then, but i highly doubt that, since they'll have to have their people trained on one that is activated anyways. I'm guessing it wont make a difference what day it's activated on.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The only way they would not be able to be activated *IF* it comes early is if they did not have the IMEI/Meid #s in their system which I wouldn't see why they would do that because it would be less load on their servers if people did get them early and could activate them early taking some of the stress off their already weak servers.

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

That's how it went for me too when I got my iphone 4 too.

bbrown152

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
A year or so ago, I ordered a replacement for my android phone from Verizon. It came a day early and they had to jump through hoops to get it activated (lots of holding and transfers). But, they did.

smoke5643

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. Not trying to stir the pot just adding my past experiences. I have gotten up early and preordered all iPhones to come to Verizon. I am addicted to new technology, phones being my number 1 "drug". I have received the first two iPhones at least one day early and 2-3 android phones early before that. No issue activating any of them. Again not saying this is how it will work, and I would agree that the majority will not get it before the 21st. I must be one of the luckiest guys alive. That or God knows how impatient I am lol. Just remember YMMV......

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2