30-Pin adaptor mishap and Apple's quick response...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So apparently THIS was what was on their ordering page early on in the pre-order...

LkmV0.png

...it was quickly edited and no longer reads that the adaptor is included, simply giving information about the adaptor itself.

Do you think we are going to see a situation where Apple takes the high road and includes this adaptor because of this mishap? Or do you think the quick sweep under the rug was their quintessential "Ooops, Sorry." to the pre-orderers?

Interesting turn of events, and even more interesting just how fast the internet moves, they jumped all over this on Reddit, and now there's no hiding what was once there, but now is gone.

:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Guess we will see. Apple has been good in the past about keeping the consumer base happy (IE: the free case scenario), and given the pricing of this adaptor kind of fits right in with the price of those free cases everyone was getting with the iPhone 4, i can see Apple biting the bullet and hooking us up. Here's hoping...because there's no way I'm buying that thing for $30.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Isn't that screen-shot from a British Apple site? Last I knew we were still using $ here in the US not ?

This is true, but even on an international sales site, the details remain the same...and spread like wildfire. I doubt Apple would isolate the U.S. market away from a deal for a free adaptor, given the layout of the details, my guess is it was probably the same on the US market pages, but people simply didn't catch it quick enough to snag a screen shot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73