Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcrane

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
3:29 on apple store app!

This was timing out since 2:59 est. went to attupgrader app and was crashing. Kept plugging in iTunes pw and eventually got through at 3:29. Wife will be happy!!

ShadezOfGray

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I didn't have any problem placing an order on the Apple site. Pre orders have only been available for two hours and shipping is at 2 weeks! I can only imagine what it will be for people later on in the day.

Order placed: AT&T 16gb Black/Slate
Shipping : 2 weeks (crossing my fingers it arrives next week)

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhhh!!!! VZW Support did say unlimited data would be grandfathered over to the 4G IPhone. But, I tweeted them. And he wrote back saying you can only keep unlimited data if you pay the full retail price. I'm thinking twice about upgrading to the iPhone 5 now.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhhhh!!!! VZW Support did say unlimited data would be grandfathered over to the 4G IPhone. But, I tweeted them. And he wrote back saying you can only keep unlimited data if you pay the full retail price. I'm thinking twice about upgrading to the iPhone 5 now.

These carriers are such greedy bastards. AT&T doesn't want FaceTime over cellular and Verizon with paying full price to keep your data plan are complete jokes. It's too bad Sprint sucks so bad here or I'd give the iPhone 5 a try on their network.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes this has been the case since they released the new plans a couple months ago right before the galaxy s3 came out. Only way to keep unlimited is to pay full retail. Any upgrades used will result in needing to choose a new plan.

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Jeff, you just ordered your iPhone 5. What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disneyland! (no, really...leaving for Dland in 5 hours) :)

akag

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Ordered at 3:46 EDT. Apple Store online did all on my 4S. IP5: Verizon. Black. 64. New account (dumping ATT - no LTE here). Delivery promised on 21.
Very easy. Faster then last year.
Can not use iphone's app if switching to new provider. Only upgrade/add line.

I never got anything early. Last year it was UPS (or FedEx at 4 pm ir so)

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
These carriers are such greedy bastards. AT&T doesn't want FaceTime over cellular and Verizon with paying full price to keep your data plan are complete jokes. It's too bad Sprint sucks so bad here or I'd give the iPhone 5 a try on their network.

ICAM! I don't think Sprint OR AT&T works here, so I'm stuck. If I upgrade to the iPhone 5, I have to watch data very closesly. Gonna be difficult. Hate greedy people!

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes this has been the case since they released the new plans a couple months ago right before the galaxy s3 came out. Only way to keep unlimited is to pay full retail. Any upgrades used will result in needing to choose a new plan.

I know that now. Thanks. Not an entirely new plan, just the new data portion. Trying reading about Shared Everything Plans and got a headache. But, I'm the only one in my family with VZW, so that'd be kinda pointless for me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
ICAM! I don't think Sprint OR AT&T works here, so I'm stuck. If I upgrade to the iPhone 5, I have to watch data very closesly. Gonna be difficult. Hate greedy people!

Just as an FYI, this isn't something very new. It was announced shortly after Verizon announced the new plans a couple months ago. I don't like it either but just want to let you know that they're trying to get everyone to switch off unlimited and it's been the policy for a couple months now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
gambling on white this time

Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??

I have always been all black, but got the white this time. I checked out others' white iPhones over the past few days, and they look perfectly clean & white, no discoloration. That was the only real concern - with the silver back, white is HOT!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I know some of you guys have pointed out but they've already pushed back shipping to 2 weeks after a couple hours. Wow. Just wow. I wonder if this just astronomical sales, real supply shortage or possible even Apple making sure they have the most available for in store release so they can continue to generate those long lines. Probably a combination of all, but wow.

Yean - I orderred on apple site before 5 am Eastern, and all models were available to ship in 2 weeks. I am hoping they did that once they got close to launch-day limit rather than risk telling anyone 1 week then having to back off. Fingers crossed for faster, but OK if its not. It looked liike VZW was still guaranteeing delivery by 21st at the time I bought from Apple, but I went w/ Apple store anyway. So easy to make a device change if needed after order: walk in, trade, walk out. LOVE Apple store customer service. I did just that w/ prior iDevices: had buyers remorse for 16 GB and upped memory on each of them, respectively, with quick and painless swap. I went with white for the first time - so its good to knnow I can swap colors easily if I have a change of heart.

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Just as an FYI, this isn't something very new. It was announced shortly after Verizon announced the new plans a couple months ago. I don't like it either but just want to let you know that they're trying to get everyone to switch off unlimited and it's been the policy for a couple months now. Good luck with whatever you decide to do ;)

I may cave and upgrade, anyway. My Droid only works when it wants to, so I need a new phone. I just didn't know I couldn't keep my unlimited data. People kept saying you could. So now I guess I have to figure out how much data I need.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I finally got through on ATT. They're not displaying an ETA for shipment. At least not until after you submit your order (which I didn't do). Plus they wanted to take away my unlimited data for upgrading my wife's phone (which isn't on unlimited data). Guess I'll try my luck at the store next Friday.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
In regards to VZW, I'll tell everyone who is giving up unlimited to be very careful with LTE. You can chew through gigs of data INCREDIBLY EASY and FAST. People, like me, without access to wifi should not give up unlimited just to get a phone. I'd suggest saving up and buying at full price, but that is just my opinion. Now if you KNOW you are a light data user and losing unlimited wouldnt hurt you, despite going to LTE, do what you do :) This is mainly for us VZW users who have to either give up unlimited or pay full retail. I'll be paying full retail from here on.

Reactions: RubyAmanda

RubyAmanda

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
In regards to VZW, I'll tell everyone who is giving up unlimited to be very careful with LTE. You can chew through gigs of data INCREDIBLY EASY and FAST. People, like me, without access to wifi should not give up unlimited just to get a phone. I'd suggest saving up and buying at full price, but that is just my opinion. Now if you KNOW you are a light data user and losing unlimited wouldnt hurt you, despite going to LTE, do what you do :) This is mainly for us VZW users who have to either give up unlimited or pay full retail. I'll be paying full retail from here on.

EEEEEEEK!!! So you can go through data on LTE faster and use more than on 3G? I've been using my data a lot lately. Since our WiFi is like my phone (only works when it wants to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR