Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
that is so wierd. Using IE, the apple store says it is down. Using Chrome, the store came up just fine and the order went right through.

64G black Sprint iPhone 5 to be delivered. :)

Same I was trying to use my pc laptop and it said it was down then used ,y iPad and it came right up.. Apple clearly does not like pc lol

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I received my iMore shirt-winning email at 0306 EST, then I received my iPhone 5 confirmation email at 0308 EST. Nice.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Dear LIESELOTTE,
Thank you for placing your order with AT&T.

Your iPhone 5 will be delivered on 9/21/12. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You will receive a confirmation email when your order is ready to ship. You can check your order status online anytime.

Your shipment may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Items in your cart will be held until all items in your order can be sent in one shipment. Next day or Saturday delivery not available in all areas. Delivery not available on Sunday.

Please note, your credit card will be charged at time of shipment. If using either a credit or debit card, funds in the amount of this purchase will be immediately held and not available for other use. Credit and debit card transactions will not appear in your account until time of shipment.

We appreciate your business. Here is a copy of your order summary:

Order Number: 14069847835

Not Eligible for Mail-In Rebate
TypeDescriptionMonthly PriceOne Time Price
Line 1 (LORI H 6500000000)
Device Apple iPhone 5 - 16GB - Black
$199.99
FeaturesDataPlus 300MB for iPhone on 4G LTE$20.00
*Order Total $199.99

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Why the hell cant i quit you AT&T! You hateful bastard!

I know the feeling, I wish I could have switched to Verizon, but unfortunately where I live I get great coverage at home, but for the areas I work ZERO coverage. AT&T gives me 3G/4G in most of the areas I work and at home. So it's my only real choice.

I ordered at 12:08 and still waiting for the confirmation.

Yeah the confirmation email only shows that your order is in the system and being processed. I think some people think when we've said we got our confirmation that we mean or order has actually been confirmed. But in reality the email is just saying the order is received and being processed. The next email anyone will get is when they let you know its been shipped.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Can i pre-order tomorrow?

You should be able to pre-order anytime. When you'll actually receive it is a totally different question. :) The longer you wait, the less likely you'll get it on 9/21. Ship dates usually start shifting by weeks after a day or two of pre-orders.

af6pu

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Preorder went great

The apple store never came up on my computer, but I connected with no problems via my iPhone and appe store app. Everything went perfectly. I ordered the black, AT&T, 64 GB model. I couldn't figure out how to add AppleCare, however. I went back and forth in the apple, but didn't see where I could do any options other tan make the iPhone 5 a gift. Perhaps I'm Lind, but didn't see the option. Have to o o the local Apple store to add that feature.

Gstephusibm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Success via apple store app for iPhone.

Awoke at 2:35 AM CT. Apple.com was down. Switched to Flipboard. Article recommended using Apple Store app for iPhone. Ordered Black 64 GB AT&T iPhone. Confirmation email received at 2:43 AM. Delivers 9/21.

Thanks Flipboard!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can i pre-order tomorrow?

You can pre-order any time you like provided they still have available stock for pre-orders (they hold a portion of the supply for pre-orders). The other risk is that you won't get delivery on 9/21... there are only so many slots for that, then the delivery dates start slipping.

Dec 18, 2005
Visit site
I haven't looked at Apple.com's actual store until now... it says it isn't available to ship for 2 weeks now. Has it been saying that the whole time? Or have they sold out of the first batch?

Last edited:

kpageisgreat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I goofed up and was using a credit card that wasn't to my billing address lol. I was worried for a second. Good to go after 4 minutes of trying to figure what happened. Black, 16gb(Have an iPad and don't think there is a need for 32gb with all the cloud syncing i do) and its on verizon.

Had an iPhone 4 but gave that up for a thunderbolt(meh) and a nexus(great phone). Willing to see if this will suit my tastes. If not back to phone swapping lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro