Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Look at other threads more than myself have confirmed what I said .. It did work in past but Verizon just updated there system to not allow it .. Shady I know I call a local store and 611 both said same thing
i believe you but it makes no sense, the contract you are signing is for phone Y, when you are phone X, that is under a contract for unlimited data

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I didn't want to attempt the alternate upgrade option on verizons site in fear that I may lose the unlimited option. I may be oversimplifying things, but I thought lte device activations on Verizon were as easy as replacing the sim and maybe changing the imei through their site?

Also, can the data plan still be dropped if that line reverts back to a dumb phone?

I was also planning on cutting down my micro sim to nano size and seeing how that works out for me? I read the nano sims are 15% thinner as well.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I work for Verizon, it doesn't matter if it's a 4G device or not. If you have unlimited and you are activating "customer owned equipment" then you will not lose your unlimited data. OR (off the record), if you do an alternate upgrade then you will not lose your data on the line that is getting the device, but you will lose it (if there is a data package) on the line utilizing the upgrade.

But no, you won't lose unlimited if you were to say purchase the iPhone 5 at retail and put it on your account. I have customers that come in all the time and switch from phone to phone like people change their draws.

I tried on Verizon today to do a alternate to my line selected a 4g phone it said select a new data package unlimited is not available .. Maybe it has to be manually done but the system stopped it cold and it confirmed to me what I was told twice .. So who knows lol

cableguy619

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We just got my wife a white 4S 16 GB this past weekend when she decided that the size I had was perfect. (I traded my 4 to Gazelle) Paid $125 for it, so not bad. Now I am just hoping Best Buy or Target drops the 16 GB to $99 this weekend, I'll go back for the $25 credit, which will immediately go to a new iPod touch for my daughter for Christmas...

4 more hours. Think I am going to take a nap...

Talk to you all again about 2:30 eastern!

target here in San Diego has dropped it to 99

Reactions: iSRS

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i believe you but it makes no sense, the contract you are signing is for phone Y, when you are phone X, that is under a contract for unlimited data

I know that's what I said but they told me the systems detects a new contact and it removes it because it's all in same transaction

vtcracka

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
This will be my 5th iPhone. I will be getting the murdered out 64. Pre ordering at 3am EST. It's times like this I wish I lived in Cali.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Ice-cold 6 pack of Diet Coke? - Check!
Snack foods and chocolate ready? - Check!
Entertainment System on and stack of DVDs ready? - Check!
2 computers on - Apple web site up on each? - Check!
Photo of white iPhone 5 taped to the monitor? - Check!
iMore Forums - logged in and ready? - Check!
Timer set to go off at 11:55PM? - Check!
Fuzzy slippers and comfy robe on? - Check!
2nd mortgage on house to pay for this damn thing? - Check!

OK, I think I'm ready now... :D

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
more importantly......

As expected, Apple (AAPL) on Wednesday announced its new iPhone 5 with a smaller dock connector at a press event in San Francisco. The 9-pin Lightning dock replaces the company?s 30-pin connector, which has been featured in its iPods, iPads and iPhones since 2003. To ensure compatibility with old accessories Apple also announced a $29 adapter. The Cupertino-based company did not mention that the adapter does not support ?video and iPod Out? functionality, however, meaning old speakers such as the iHome will not work with the iPhone 5. While some speakers will still be able to play music with an auxiliary jack, most high-end speaker docks will be rendered useless.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I tried on Verizon today to do a alternate to my line selected a 4g phone it said select a new data package unlimited is not available .. Maybe it has to be manually done but the system stopped it cold and it confirmed to me what I was told twice .. So who knows lol

Let's just say that the system is definitely capable of keeping it. Now, I've never ordered anything through our site, but I imagine that anything the "consumer" can operate in regards to their plan, is going to be subject to the most "swindling" perdicaments if you will. For example, one day I called customer care when I was not at work acting as a regular customer for my mother, because she lost her iPhone 4S and I'm on her account. She didn't have insurance and I asked the customer service rep to add it if he could, he said he couldn't because it has to be added within 30 days of purchase. This is not true, I went to my system next day and added it for her. So I guess it all depends where you do it and/or who does it.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'll be ordering a black 64GB here at 3am, even though I'm still pissed they didn't upgrade the camera to a higher megapixel. This may be my last iPhone unless they change the design and iOS layout soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro