Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I honestly can't wait! I'll be ordering two white/silver 16 GB versions on Verizon.

This may have already been asked. I'm doing an alternate upgrade so that I could keep my unlimited plan. Does the phone have to be actived on the line it's intended for, or can I just pop in my sim and be off?

Considering that it's a totally different type of SIM and VZW requires activation for the CDMA part of the phone, it won't be as simple as just dropping a SIM in the new phone.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I honestly can't wait! I'll be ordering two white/silver 16 GB versions on Verizon.

This may have already been asked. I'm doing an alternate upgrade so that I could keep my unlimited plan. Does the phone have to be actived on the line it's intended for, or can I just pop in my sim and be off?
order on vzw and use the transfer upgrade option

bigdonvincenzo

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My last iPhone purchase was the iPhone 4 and after trying unsuccessfully to pre-order on Apple I was successful through AT&T website. The iPhone 4 arrived the Thursday before launch day (Friday). I was overjoyed. I hope that happens this time as well.

Edit: Upgrading from 16GB iPhone 4 to 32GB iPhone 5. I've owned the original iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4

Last edited:

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I was going to preorder but I think I want to actual see it before I commit. I love my iPhone 4 but my eyes are getting old and it is so hard to read text in some apps that don't allow zooming so I want to be sure that the bigger screen make it easier to read.

If it is easier than I am getting a 64gb in black on AT&T!!!!! And an Otterbox Defender to protect it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

You have to complete the upgrade on line that has it if you try a alternate you lose unlimited once upgrade is completed then just switch the phone to your line to keep your unlimited

hiltitech

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
second time staying up for pre order. Stayed up for IPhone 4 on Verizon and cant wait for iPhone 5. Since I only got 3 hrs last night and will be up till 4 or so tonight. Oh well I will sleep tomorrow night dreaming of my iphone 5 :)

Raceyourcars

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This.

Yep.

The thing I am most worried is if it will be able to be delivered to my office(and my wife's, respectively) so we can activate them before our weekend getaway.

This dang circus captivates me annually.

Since I'm a bit bored waiting for launch time.. just wanted to ask the thread if anyone else is like me..

I'm 41.. beautiful wife, 2 great kids.. law degree, happy fulfilling life. No complaints.

However, these days pretty much nothing gets me excited. I've seen most of the world, done the adrenaline sports, owned very nice things, etc, etc, etc. (First world problem.)

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
You have to complete the upgrade on line that has it if you try a alternate you lose unlimited once upgrade is completed then just switch the phone to your line to keep your unlimited
its really as easy as going through the vzw website and hitting the "transfer upgrade" option. the line ur stealing upgrade from gets a new 2 year deal, ur line gets iphone5, no change to contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73