Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So I've never pre-ordered before. Can someone tell me if I need any other information other than my Sprint account's PIN password and my mobile number? I'm asking as I'm going to try to pre-order as soon as possible but I share an account with my parents and don't know the username and actual pw to get into the account. Does anyone know if I would need this information? Just wanna be prepared as they will not be awake at 2AM. ;)

resplendent2209

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
So I've never pre-ordered before. Can someone tell me if I need any other information other than my Sprint account's PIN password and my mobile number? I'm asking as I'm going to try to pre-order as soon as possible but I share an account with my parents and don't know the username and actual pw to get into the account. Does anyone know if I would need this information? Just wanna be prepared as they will not be awake at 2AM. ;)

You will definitely need to have the username and password if you are going to order through Sprint website.

Going through Apple, I think they ask for Mobilenumber, Zip code, Last four Social and billing password if you have any (to determine your eligibility and to pull up your previous plan details) and you should be good to go.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You will definitely need to have the username and password if you are going to order through Sprint website.

Going through Apple, I think they ask for Mobilenumber, Zip code, Last four Social and billing password if you have any (to determine your eligibility and to pull up your previous plan details) and you should be good to go.

I was thinking I'd just go through apple's site. Thanks! I'll just have her write all the information before bedtime.

LeTroll

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

youre going to need the phone number, account password(if there is one), last four of primary account holders ssn, billing address

LeTroll

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I will probably set a quick alarm to wake up. I am only preordering if an unlocked version is available. I am hoping one is but I doubt it. If it is anything like the 4 and 4S, the unlocked came at least a month later. Black 16GB for me. 32 is tempting me though...

no unlocked version up for pre-order, you could buy your respective carrier's version full price and afterwards ask for an unlock which they should do since it was purchased unsubsidized

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
using wife's upgrade question

If I am using my wife's upgrade to get this phone can I still order it on apple.com?

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
staying up tonight till 3:01am! (thank god for big brother after dark!!)

paying FULL RETAIL to replace my 4s with the 5 on vzw, 16gb black. That new darker aluminum is sexy!

will both apple and vzw offer preorder at full retail, or should i focus my efforts on one site over the other??

austriak5

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from an iPhone 4 with 16 gb. I know that the camera on the iPhone 5 is much nicer than the 4. Will I need a 32 gb iPhone because of the larger size of pictures and videos? I currently have 8 gb free on my iPhone 4.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I am upgrading from an iPhone 4 with 16 gb. I know that the camera on the iPhone 5 is much nicer than the 4. Will I need a 32 gb iPhone because of the larger size of pictures and videos? I currently have 8 gb free on my iPhone 4.

i dont think so. i have 16gb 4s and nowhere near full, but i dont store much music. but all the pics go to photostream and down to iphoto (if you have mac), so you can easily clean out ur phone if you need and not lose your photos!

LeTroll

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

depends, if you plan to shoot a lot of 1080p video and photos then yes but if you dont see yourself doing that or you use cloud storage then no

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
staying up tonight till 3:01am! (thank god for big brother after dark!!)

paying FULL RETAIL to replace my 4s with the 5 on vzw, 16gb black. That new darker aluminum is sexy!

will both apple and vzw offer preorder at full retail, or should i focus my efforts on one site over the other??

I'm hearing both will honor full price preorders. So it's all preference. I'll have both sites up for good measure.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.