- 09-13-2012, 10:11 PM #276
But no, you won't lose unlimited if you were to say purchase the iPhone 5 at retail and put it on your account. I have customers that come in all the time and switch from phone to phone like people change their draws.
- 09-13-2012, 10:11 PM #277
- 09-13-2012, 10:11 PM #278
Argh. I hope it doesn't happen again. I remember the Apple server blowing up at about 12:04am when I went to preorder my 4s. I never got back until like 3am when I actually managed to place my order. Luckily it still hit my doorstep on launch day.
- 09-13-2012, 10:11 PM #279
- 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM #280
- 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM #281
- 09-13-2012, 10:12 PM #282
Thanks for the responses. I didn't want to attempt the alternate upgrade option on verizons site in fear that I may lose the unlimited option. I may be oversimplifying things, but I thought lte device activations on Verizon were as easy as replacing the sim and maybe changing the imei through their site?
Also, can the data plan still be dropped if that line reverts back to a dumb phone?
I was also planning on cutting down my micro sim to nano size and seeing how that works out for me? I read the nano sims are 15% thinner as well.
Last edited by the one and only M; 09-13-2012 at 10:14 PM.
- 09-13-2012, 10:13 PM #283
- 09-13-2012, 10:13 PM #284
!مرحبا! انا تعبان قوي
- 09-13-2012, 10:14 PM #285
- 09-13-2012, 10:14 PM #286
do you think it would it be faster to preorder from verizon or apple?
- 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM #287iPhone Beginner
- 69 Posts
- 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM #288
- 09-13-2012, 10:15 PM #289iMore Newbie
- 19 Posts
- 09-13-2012, 10:17 PM #290
- 09-13-2012, 10:17 PM #291iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
This will be my 5th iPhone. I will be getting the murdered out 64. Pre ordering at 3am EST. It's times like this I wish I lived in Cali.
- 09-13-2012, 10:17 PM #292iMore Newbie
- 39 Posts
Sleeepovvaaaa rofl. Good evening everyone
- 09-13-2012, 10:18 PM #293iMore Intermediate
- 239 Posts
Ice-cold 6 pack of Diet Coke? - Check!
Snack foods and chocolate ready? - Check!
Entertainment System on and stack of DVDs ready? - Check!
2 computers on - Apple web site up on each? - Check!
Photo of white iPhone 5 taped to the monitor? - Check!
iMore Forums - logged in and ready? - Check!
Timer set to go off at 11:55PM? - Check!
Fuzzy slippers and comfy robe on? - Check!
2nd mortgage on house to pay for this damn thing? - Check!
OK, I think I'm ready now...
- 09-13-2012, 10:18 PM #294
As expected, Apple (AAPL) on Wednesday announced its new iPhone 5 with a smaller dock connector at a press event in San Francisco. The 9-pin Lightning dock replaces the company’s 30-pin connector, which has been featured in its iPods, iPads and iPhones since 2003. To ensure compatibility with old accessories Apple also announced a $29 adapter. The Cupertino-based company did not mention that the adapter does not support “video and iPod Out” functionality, however, meaning old speakers such as the iHome will not work with the iPhone 5. While some speakers will still be able to play music with an auxiliary jack, most high-end speaker docks will be rendered useless.
- 09-13-2012, 10:18 PM #295
- 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM #296
- 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM #297
- 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM #298iMore Intermediate
- 126 Posts
I'll be ordering a black 64GB here at 3am, even though I'm still pissed they didn't upgrade the camera to a higher megapixel. This may be my last iPhone unless they change the design and iOS layout soon.
- 09-13-2012, 10:19 PM #299
- 09-13-2012, 10:20 PM #300