Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,966 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Unhappy Something 'more'...

Be honest, really honest, were you expecting something 'more' from Apple today in relation to the iPhone 5 release, i.e. specs, looks etc.?

I'm not sure why exactly, but I was seriously looking for something 'more'. I do wonder if all the 'rumour' images, specs and the likes over the past few weeks have left me a little (in the voice of Gru's Mum) "Eh". Maybe I was simply expecting Apple to present something TOTOALLY different to all those rumour mills out there to say, "Ha, you know nothing, we tricked you..."

Anyway, share your thoughts...
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,570 Global Posts

I'd have liked to see more from Apple of how it integrates into the ecosystem better. Better integration with ipad, apple tv, etc. Something more about airplay.

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I expected there to be something completely new about iOS 6 to be unveiled yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,237 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I wasn't expecting anything that wasn't there...new form factor, new internals, new features, new iOS, new performance...it's an entirely new phone, with the same draw that made me love all the other iPhones.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Intermediate

Yeah I'm with ya mate. Bit slimmer, bit quicker, bit bigger screen, bit better front camera, bit lighter.

All good evolution features and enough to justify it as a new phone rather than just internal upgrades

But where was the OMG! Moment? You know the retina display moment. Heck even the Siri moment!

I guess you can't revolutionise every time but then again they have got a 2yr dev cycle going on the totally new phones side (I'm not counting s versions that's internal upgrades). Surely enough time for at least one totally killer new thing....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by DomFeeney View Post
    Yeah I'm with ya mate. Bit slimmer, bit quicker, bit bigger screen, bit better front camera, bit lighter.

All good evolution features and enough to justify it as a new phone rather than just internal upgrades

But where was the OMG! Moment? You know the retina display moment. Heck even the Siri moment!

I guess you can't revolutionise every time but then again they have got a 2yr dev cycle going on the totally new phones side (I'm not counting s versions that's internal upgrades). Surely enough time for at least one totally killer new thing....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    It's a solid upgrade. Perhaps it's lacking the flair of previous announcements... but Jobs was the master of the presentation... Tim Cook seems to be running the company well, but he definitely lacks that special something that Steve Jobs had. Still the same great products, but now without the Jobsian presentation style. It is what it is. I'm buying a phone and not a presentation show style.

The "meh" attitude that I'm reading abou is, IMHO, partly the lack of flair and the fact that with all the leaks, there wasn't anything new compared to what we had heard was coming. But that doesn't mean that there isn't anything new compared with what we previously had.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    20,321 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Be honest, really honest, were you expecting something 'more' from Apple today in relation to the iPhone 5 release, i.e. specs, looks etc.?

I'm not sure why exactly, but I was seriously looking for something 'more'. I do wonder if all the 'rumour' images, specs and the likes over the past few weeks have left me a little (in the voice of Gru's Mum) "Eh". Maybe I was simply expecting Apple to present something TOTOALLY different to all those rumour mills out there to say, "Ha, you know nothing, we tricked you..."

Anyway, share your thoughts...
    For me, I suppose that because of the rumors & leaks, there was nothing to expect except to confirm whether or not the rumors & leaks were true and obviously they were.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Should have been wider. I would like to see it be able to fit an extra icon on the side like the added to the length. It looks too long.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,966 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I guess by this time tomorrow the purse strings will determine how many people like the iPhone 5...

Global Posts
    2,667 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    It's a solid upgrade. Perhaps it's lacking the flair of previous announcements... but Jobs was the master of the presentation... Tim Cook seems to be running the company well, but he definitely lacks that special something that Steve Jobs had. Still the same great products, but now without the Jobsian presentation style. It is what it is. I'm buying a phone and not a presentation show style.

The "meh" attitude that I'm reading abou is, IMHO, partly the lack of flair and the fact that with all the leaks, there wasn't anything new compared to what we had heard was coming. But that doesn't mean that there isn't anything new compared with what we previously had.
    I don't know that Jobs could have even delivered a wow moment given what was presented.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,966 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I agree...