Black & Slate or White & Silver

Which Awesome iPhone color!

• Total voters

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The black does look slick but I always go white.

Have you seen both in person yet Jeremy? In pics I like the black/slate better, but I have a feeling the white/silver may look a lot better in person than in pics.

I'm still torn. Loved my white 4S, but may go back to black this time round.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Have you seen both in person yet Jeremy? In pics I like the black/slate better, but I have a feeling the white/silver may look a lot better in person than in pics.

I'm still torn. Loved my white 4S, but may go back to black this time round.

You won't be disappointed with the white one.

Reactions: msm0511

jeffydude05

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've always gone with black/darker color phones. BB curve...BB Bold...Palm Pre +...Samsung Focus...Galaxy Nexus. But I think I'm going to get the white iPhone 5, unless my brother pre orders a white one...then I might get the black and slate :D.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a black iPhone 4 and now I have white 4S. I am torn on which iP5 to get. I love the look of the black one but I like how the white looks too!

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got a bad feeling about the Slate finish. I've had gadgets with colored aluminum on them before, and they show wear really bad. When the coating gets scratched or worn, you see the white metal underneath - so it really standa out! Unless Apple has some amazing process that prevents that kind of thing, I think in time the Slate finish is going to get a lot of complaints. Even with a case, the buttons and switches will be exposed and may get worn. I hope I'm worrying for nothing, but I think I'm going white this time....

Reactions: lfsv and icw1970

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had said that IF, I was going to pick up a 4S off contract, I was going to get white. Though looking at the "blacked out" look...I really think I'm going to go with the Black/Slate...though I do wish I could find more "real life" pictures.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've got a bad feeling about the Slate finish. I've had gadgets with colored aluminum on them before, and they show wear really bad. When the coating gets scratched or worn, you see the white metal underneath - so it really standa out! Unless Apple has some amazing process that prevents that kind of thing, I think in time the Slate finish is going to get a lot of complaints. Even with a case, the buttons and switches will be exposed and may get worn. I hope I'm worrying for nothing, but I think I'm going white this time....

Some sort of "total protection" skin is going to be in order I think....probably what I'm going to do if I do pull the trigger on the slate.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
While I always prefer the white color.
It doesn't bode well with my job. I had to constantly clean my 4S because of smudges and dirt that allotted around the edges of my screen shield.

I plan to avoid that (at least temporarily) this time around.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the white, but something tells me I might take it back for the black because of the slate tone, I love that.

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
White have been my favorite color for mobile devices and gadgets. I currently holds white iPhone 4S and when I will upgrade I will have a white and grey iPhone 5.

Fdmstng99

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the black and slate. Was going to go with a white iPhone this time around but I just like the black and slate much better then the white and silver.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
The beauty of radio shack....I have a 32 black reserved....but they will have a white for me to look at before I decide.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73