Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which Awesome iPhone color!

Voters
634. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black and slate

397 62.62%
  • White and Silver

241 38.01%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes
    iPhone Intermediate

^This I can't wait until my Black one comes today!
     Verizon iPhone 5 16GB / iPad 2 / MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz (2010) 
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I have always chose black but I think I am going to go the other way and get white.
    Devices | iPhone 5 16 GIG Black & Slate | iPad 2 16 GIG White | Macbook Pro 13-inch
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS6

It appears Black is the favourite!

Personally I got white. Have liked the white since iPhone 4s so it was a no brainer for me.
    iPhone Beginner

I have had a black iPhone every since the iPhone 3G. For the iPhone 5 I have a white/ silver 16gb coming this week can't wait!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Wanted black, ended up with white.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

well i was gonna go with the black cause it looked better in the videos but i touched both at the apple store and the black feels cheap/pastic to me. white feels just like the 4s (a good thing) so I MIGHT go with that
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #107  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by cocochannel View Post
    well i was gonna go with the black cause it looked better in the videos but i touched both at the apple store and the black feels cheap/pastic to me. white feels just like the 4s (a good thing) so I MIGHT go with that
    Well if that's how you feel I have nothing to argue.
    For me. The black feels very business like. like it belongs to elite.

Just my two cents worth (:
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I love the black one, but I read on a few different forums that the black one is prone to shedding color, thus revealing the raw silver aluminum below. So I'll go white,
    iPhone Intermediate

I vote black and slate apple just text me my black and slate 32gb vz iPhone 5 just left china. Happy birthday to me.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

When it comes to iPhones I tend to flip back in fourth with the colors. On the 3GS I prefer the white but on the iPhone 4/4s I prefer the black. But on the iPhone 5 I would choose the white model and replace the LCD screen with a black one. I think the black is a great but it will show wear and tear very easy
    iPhone Nanite

Usually go black but the last one at the store I went to was white so I took it. It's growing on me...
    brandonb6274 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

I stayed with black as I've had all along, I like the fact that the black phone fades into the background when you're reading or playing a game. I love the look of the white also but I felt more comfortable staying with something I already knew I liked.
    cardfan likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

They were out of White when I bought my iPhone 4, so this time I preorderd at and got a white iP5! Love it... I got a temporary case at Best buy, covers up the silver band too much, but I love the colors! Was able to put on my Zag HD screen protector without any particles too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black & Slate or White & Silver-img_0003.jpg  
    emirozmen likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,545 Global Posts

I don't care if the black one might get scuffs. I have to be able to use it. White is too distracting.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default White, but Maybe Going back to Black

I was tenth in line at the Verizon store and they were sold out of the 16GB in black. I debated trying to get one elsewhere, but I didn't want to leave empty handed and just took a white one. I've got 14 days to switch it out for a black one when they get more in. I'll be honest, the white is growing on me. I have it in a Commuter Series Otterbox, so my phone is sort of white and black with it. The plan is still to switch it out, but I'm starting to consider just keeping the white one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black & Slate or White & Silver-mywhiteiphone.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

I reserved a 16GB black at Best Buy. The night before I got the email saying they didn't have the phone I ordered and could be waiting up to 28 days. So, I went in to the store yesterday, they had 1 extra, 32GB White.... I went with it and it has grown on me almost immediately. The style of the white and aluminum reminds me of the Macbook Pro. I think it looks very nice. The potential for scuffing on the black one concerned me quite a bit.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Im getting the black, the wifey is in the white.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I chose the black/slate because of the uniform color scheme, plus I just haven't used a white phone in the past and wanted to keep mine looking sharp.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Black & Slate or White & Silver

Daughter got the white, her boyfriend got black. Both look amazing. He is very meticulous about his devices and the black is already showing signs of wear on the back from being set down on the table etc. Unless things change, I'll go with the white 32GB model this time and take a break from all the black devices I've had over the years.
    "People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks...- Brick Tamland"
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 6

One of each.

I bought the Black/ Slate and bought a White and Silver for the wife on Friday. She wanted black, but there was only one left in the store and she had told me that if needed, she would go with a white one.

She now wants a pink otterbox though....
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I bought the white one, but I secretly want the black one now. it looks so evil! lol
    "The Princess is in the building!" #TeamiPhone

iPhone 5 White
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by M.J.Clark View Post
    One of each.

I bought the Black/ Slate and bought a White and Silver for the wife on Friday. She wanted black, but there was only one left in the store and she had told me that if needed, she would go with a white one.

She now wants a pink otterbox though....
    A pink slate one would have been boss all the way lol. I'd have gotten one like that, and rode out all the man jokes without a glance at anyone lol.

That being said, I got the white one. I would have gotten either, but this was the only one they had in South Carolina a couple days ago lol.
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Black & Slate or White & Silver

Initially I thought Black looked so much better and if I decided to sell the 4s then black is the way I would go.

However I've since read lots of reports suggesting that the black metal band chips and scratches revealing bright steel underneath. It looks horrendous and apparantly occurs even with light and careful use age.

With this in mind I think white is the safer choice. As the band is already metal coloured any scratches or dinks are much less noticeable. My missus got a white one and has had it for a day. It has already picked up a tiny scratch on the band. God knows how she didn't even take it outside... Either way it is barely noticeable but would stick out like a sore thumb on the black model.

I have added a pick to illustrate what I mean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    TiPb Fourm Staff

iOS Version
    iOS 7.0

Despite the scuff problem, I still like my choice in the black & slate..

Had planned on babying it but just handling it normal now- why pay for insurance if you don't end up swapping at some point anyway?
    Twitter = JHamilton24
    cardfan likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Sooooo glad I got the white!!! Reports are pouring in all over about scuffs on the black/slate model. I really like the white one so far. My black bumper came in today and it looks OK, but is just temporary until more cases come out and I have some options...
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast