iPhone 5 and unlimited data plan

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It appears that Verizon customers who still have unlimited data plans will be able to keep those plans if they buy the new iPhone at full price. I'm one of those people, and I'm seriously considering buying the 16 GB version at full cost so I can keep my data plan and then tether my iPad to my iPhone. Is anyone else out there thinking of doing the same thing?

Verizon: Subsidized iPhone 5 or Unlimited Data, Not Both

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably going to toss in my unlimited data and opt for the $30 for 2GB that I was told previous customers could get...my avg data use is 800mb - 1gig.

Share Everything would cost me a lot more per month...and if I was forced into that I would pay retail.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am transferring an upgrade from another line. Because of that, that transferred line will no longer have unlimited. I'll have to go with the 2Gb plan for that. I'll live, or I should say my son will live.

rdogger#CB

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who is interesting in buying the Iphone5 out right with Verizon, I have an unlimited data contract I am looking for someone to take over. Just throwing it out there.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It appears that Verizon customers who still have unlimited data plans will be able to keep those plans if they buy the new iPhone at full price. I'm one of those people, and I'm seriously considering buying the 16 GB version at full cost so I can keep my data plan and then tether my iPad to my iPhone. Is anyone else out there thinking of doing the same thing?

Yep, already knew that's what I'd be doing with any future phone purchases on Verizon.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I just realized that AT&T customers can keep their unlimited data plans and still get the iPhone 5 at a subsidized price. Wonder if Verizon would change its mind? If not, they may lose lots of customers, including me...

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I just realized that AT&T customers can keep their unlimited data plans and still get the iPhone 5 at a subsidized price. Wonder if Verizon would change its mind? If not, they may lose lots of customers, including me...

Maybe you could use it as a bargaining chip...but I doubt it

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can ask Verizon but they will point out you cannot get unlimited data if you leave them am join AT&T.

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I have unlimited Data. So I open another line and get the 5. Then, Switch the 5 on my account so it has unlimited and just pay the extra 10 bucks a month for the other line until I sell the 4S and pay off the ETF :D

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited Data. So I open another line and get the 5. Then, Switch the 5 on my account so it has unlimited and just pay the extra 10 bucks a month for the other line until I sell the 4S and pay off the ETF :D

If you add another line to your plan then doesn't that force you into the shared data plan (verizon of course)?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who are on Verizon with unlimited data, you must also ALREADY HAVE A LTE DEVICE to keep your grandfathered data. For example if you have a bunch of iPhones with no LTE devices on your account, even if you buy an iphone outright you will not be able to activate it on your unlimited account

Helvitis

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who are on Verizon with unlimited data, you must also ALREADY HAVE A LTE DEVICE to keep your grandfathered data. For example if you have a bunch of iPhones with no LTE devices on your account, even if you buy an iphone outright you will not be able to activate it on your unlimited account

That is absolutely not the case. Verizon has already said that if you're willing to pay full price you can upgrade to 4g from a 3g phone. How do I know this? I did it last week, I got a RAZR maxx after having an iPhone.

Bluth22

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
For anyone who is interesting in buying the Iphone5 out right with Verizon, I have an unlimited data contract I am looking for someone to take over. Just throwing it out there.

I dont think it will stay unlimited if u change the name on the primary account. If you can then ill take ur account.
Where are u planing on going next?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Negative not the case

iJDR

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For verizon, if you already have a line that has a capped data allowance (2gb for $30) and another line with unlimited data...order the 5 on the capped line then activate it on the unlimited line, nothing price wise changes and you get unlimited 4G data and the capped line stays the same.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I did some calculations last night and came up with this. When I factor in the 15% discount I get on my bill for being a teacher, I'd actually save money by buying the phone unsubsidized and keeping my data plan as is. Even if I added the hotspot, I'd still make out with savings.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

If I were to buy it, I'd pay full price to keep my unlimited data. I use way too much to ever drop it and it's cheaper in the long run to pay outright for the phone. I'd have to switch to a 10 gig or more plan and it's way too much money for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods