Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

Default Why are Android users so upset by the 5?

Quote Originally Posted by kilofox View Post
    How do you share videos with other iPhone users?
    I don't.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

What I am upset about.... is AAPL. Dam, I am getting taken to the woodshed. Bought at 550, rode it up to 705 and now I am upsidedown at 509.
    Don't worry, it should come back. Now might be the time to buy more!

If it makes you feel better, I bought some at 600.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Why are Android users so upset by the 5?

How do you share videos with other iPhone users?
    Dropbox. Same as I share with Android users. Seriously, I'm never standing next to someone with whom I want to share anything, so being able to touch is not all that useful.
    kch50428, finn5975 and RicHerdez like this.
    iPhone Nanite

I find all of these Iphone v sg3 ios v android funny. everything is a matter of opinion when it comes down to it. everyone has a difference in opinion and preference of what they like need or want in a phone. people who love this and hate that only say so because they have found a product that has suited there needs more than the other one. while the person on the other side of the fence has done the same with theirs . i dont condone the bashing but do find it fun to read once in a while. I was an early android adopter loved it then for the fun customizing and openess. i will always love it for that. now i have an iPhone 5 and i am loving the cleanliness and smooth ui. i am happy with both os' . so to each his/her own. What ever floats your boat. be kind and rewind.
    redbeard and Premium1 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I will tell you why they are upset because despite all the talk about how superior the GS3 and Note2 are to the iphone 5, there are crucial functions that they cant do. I asked a simple question in a thread about the Note2 on Android Central

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...gnote-2-a.html

Can the phone voice navigate from your address book. Can you press the home button and say "navigate to..." and the navigation will start up. I tried that on my JB gs3 and does not pick up the name and associated address from my contacts.
    I have yet to get an answer. I would think that the ability to voice navigate your contacts would be a big deal!!! Would it not? I tried doing it on a Jelly Bean GS3 and could not. Maybe Kilofox can weigh in?
    iPhone Nanite

My wife has the Razr M with JB and this navigate to contact thing was annoying me because i hadnt thought of trying it. so as soon as she got home i swiped her phone from her and pressed the microphone and said "navigate to mom" and it started up navigation and navigated to the monster in laws it also lets you "message mom, i'll be there soon!"

anywho there will never be an end to the arguements of which is better because most are incapable of realizing other peoples needs are different than there own.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts

They are upset that their GIII's 'ahem-coasters' are inferior
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by RicHerdez View Post
    My wife has the Razr M with JB and this navigate to contact thing was annoying me because i hadnt thought of trying it. so as soon as she got home i swiped her phone from her and pressed the microphone and said "navigate to mom" and it started up navigation and navigated to the monster in laws it also lets you "message mom, i'll be there soon
    Could you please give me a step-by-step of how you did it. Did you go from the google now menu after you press and hold the home button? Or did you go from the microphone on the nav menu? Or did you go from the microphone on the google search box from the home screen?

Sent from my iPhone 7
    iPhone Nanite

all i did was press the microphone and said "navigate to mom!" and then it said "navigating to mom" then went to maps.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Could be device specific, rather than os specific?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I believe this will be a manufacturers overlay (MotoBlur vs Touchwiz) discrepancy and less about Android or JB.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

All androids can do that feature lol. I was doing that since ICS

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    RicHerdez likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well it is not doing it on my GS3. I even posted a specific thread on it on Android Central and no one has showed me how to do it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=240589

180 views and not one person could show me how to do it and yet there are some here claiming it can be done on ICS. My brother has an ATRIX 2 on ICS and his phone cannot voice navigate from contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,664 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    Well it is not doing it on my GS3. I even posted a specific thread on it on Android Central and no one has showed me how to do it.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=240589

180 views and not one person could show me how to do it and yet there are some here claiming it can be done on ICS. My brother has an ATRIX 2 on ICS and his phone cannot voice navigate from contacts.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    Thanked by:
    Mellimel22 (01-02-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    All androids can do that feature lol. I was doing that since ICS

Not exactly. Skins have been known to break pure Android functions. What you may be able to do with your Nexus doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that Samsung was able to properly accomplish the same task after adding TouchWiz over top of either ICS or JB.
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,958 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You know what they say, "People are scared of what they don't know". Hence some Android users are scared of the iPhone 5, they'd hate to feel like they are cheating or something. LOL
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    Not exactly. Skins have been known to break pure Android functions. What you may be able to do with your Nexus doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that Samsung was able to properly accomplish the same task after adding TouchWiz over top of either ICS or JB.
    The feature is called voice dialing lol and my best friends ascend 2 on cricket can do that

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    You know what they say, "People are scared of what they don't know". Hence some Android users are scared of the iPhone 5, they'd hate to feel like they are cheating or something. LOL
    LOL WHATS NEW IN IOS THAT HASN'T BEEN SEEN ALREADY BRO LOL...... DONT WORRY ILL WAIT HAHA

Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,958 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do you know who I am? Google me, I'm Distinguished and use multiple devices

Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Bold 9900 and an iPhone 5. Yep, scary.

LOL WHATS NEW IN IOS THAT HASN'T BEEN SEEN ALREADY BRO LOL...... DONT WORRY ILL WAIT HAHA

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I saw this video. I am talking about navigating to an address in my contacts attached to a name. For example, with the iPhone 5 I can tell Siri "navigate to my brother" and Siri will open up maps and start a turn-by-turn navigation to the address of Jude Dahi who Siri knows is my brother.

When I do that with the google now or from the google search with the microphone it does not work. I get a search if places that have "brother" in them.

The video does NOT show me anything that is new. Believe me when I tell you that I have searched and found nothing of what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The feature is called voice dialing lol and my best friends ascend 2 on cricket can do that

Please show me where the GS3 can do what I just posted I wanted to do in my previous post. I really want to know if JB with touch wiz can do it. This is an important feature for me since I do not have nav in any if my cars and I do not have a hand held nav either. My phone is my Nav and it must work with voice commands from my CONTACTS.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Really? Voice dialing gives you turn by turn directions? I guess Android is more complicated than it looks, cause when I use voice dialing on my iPhone I just make a call. I'd hate to try voice dialing and wind up at someone's house by mistake.
    iPhone Nanite

all of the skins applied over google aosp have to be integrated into the features that google aosp has created. yet some of these skins have not ironed out all the bugs so you get features that are supposed to work that are not at the moment. you can take the long route and complain to Samsung. I know this feature works on my wifes Motorola RAZR M, which runs jelly bean.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I believe that was the whole point. Not all Android features work on all Android phones - regardless of the version of Android installed.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Confucius say man who scream while trolling just a loud troll.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast