What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

kfan12

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely have to hold it and use it for myself before I decide whether or not I would upgrade my 4S. The only thing I'm not sure about is this generation's industrial design; I wished it was a bit more... uniform? On certain parts like the speaker and microphone grille there are different numbers of holes for each of them. Also, the back I think would look really well if they just made the entire thing aluminum and one solid color instead of the two-tone alunminum and glass. I have to say though, I really like how they have a black band running around the black iPhone and they colored in the band lines white on the white iPhone, pretty neat. Perhaps once I see it more often I might warm up to the design; I do recall not liking the iPhone 4's design when I first saw it for some odd reason, of course, I love it now.

kaze258

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The keynote is over and Apple has shown the new iPhone to the world. So what did you think? List all of your positives along with negatives. Don't hold back!
APPLE FANBOY GUIDE: ARE YOU ONE? - YouTube <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Hoe to spot a fanboy:rolleyes:
Comparing Apple iPhone 5 64GB vs. Samsung Galaxy S3 - 15 Reasons for the Apple iPhone 5 64GB - VERSUS IO Iphone5 vs Samsung GS3

Im sticking with Samsung, this phone and the time spent waiting on this was a complete waste of time ...

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay here's my thought after watching the keynote and videos and reading some comments.

Yes we are all satisfied.
Yes we are all ok, good at least it didn't suck.

When you put it with other phones. Yeah of course it's damn good and solid.
The sleek design just like 4S. Only thinner and taller.
Give it to any new guy in Apple consumer base and he will go! OMG! AWESOME.

But for loyal customers like us.
We don't just expect --> Good products. Solid design.
We expected. HOLY **** ITS AWESOME. THATS SO NEW AND DIFFERENT.
Put it in another way. Our benchmark for Apple ain't with competitors anymore. it's the benchmark apple set in 2011. And having a LEAP forward. not. a small step.
But meh thats never gona happen. We all know what apple does.
One Awesome design --> refine refine refine refine ( milking the cow) until the market starts to get tired of it. And if is going to continue doing this for just 2 more years.
Say hi to WP8 cuz I'm assuring you that's gona be where all the new and cool **** stuff are.
What WP8 is lacking now is. Source of reliability. Is it as solid as Apple's? If it is. Apple's in for a deep ****. From what I see in the Lumia 920. That. IS. REVOLUTIONARY. But they had to screw up their presentation. -.-"

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
...I did love my apple iphone but it along with the ios got st?le and boring for 'me'...

Same with happen with any software after a while. You're in the honeymoon period of Android. Android is a great OS, no doubt, but you'll have a "stale" feeling after too long too.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
We expected. HOLY **** ITS AWESOME. THATS SO NEW AND DIFFERENT.

Having had the 3GS and the 4, I have to disagree, at least with the "OMG SO DIFFERENT!". I think Apple has already "defined" it's different. At this point it's Apple is refining their vision, not re-defining it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dude are you serious? You make no sense. The reason you have an iPhone is because Apple came out with "gimmicks" you like. So apparently you F'n care. Hypocrite!
Lets get one thing straight. You apparently have no "F'n" clue what your're talking about. So with that said Many...if not most people prefer a bigger screen. Proof...everyone makes a phone with a screen bigger than the iPhone's. In fact Iphone came out with a bigger screen than their legacy device. Even still...most phones are still bigger and more consumers prefer them. On top of that people(yes real people) want USB, HDMI, SD CARD, NFC...iphone doesn't have em. They are not gimmicks...they actually work...do something...have a purpose...in other words NOT GIMMICK. So before you go and call all these things GIMMICKS, why dont you look at the 3.5inch phone in your pocket and see what gimmicks you bought into..or actually are missing for a bigger price than all that gimmicks that came with someone else's phone. Then oh yeah...remember all the accesories that you had to buy that do all the same things that the other phones do with the added gimmicks...more money out of your pocket. You really have no clue do you?

And go ahead and say what you want...call me a troll or what ever. But the reality is you spent more money on your iPhone and accessories than 90% of the world and got less for your money. Then paid more for accesories to perform like other phones. And you want to talk about people being fandroids or whatever.
I had an iPhone...I realized after 3 years I was getting hosed. I was hoping this years would be different...but guess not.

What accessories did i buy? You seem to have some kind of line into the purchases i made to make my iPhone what i wanted, when in reality, the tweaks i did to personalize my phone were all free, and the only accessory i have is a phone case, a cable in my car for the radio and an alarm clock at home...am i missing something here or are you simply talking out of your ass with no real point?

I have a phone with a superior camera, a form factor that i prefer, an OS that i prefer and then the reliability and service i expect from buying an Apple product...and you claim that I'm some how getting hosed? That some how I'm not getting what i pay for with a phone that performs EXACTLY how I want it to in every way? You have a very obscure (See: Inaccurate) understanding of what getting "hosed" means, but that's probably because you associate opinions with garden tools, given your Galaxy S is the size of a garden shovel.

I like to ask this of the members that have such distaste for the iPhone whenever these debates come up...why are you here? And let's skip the BS about being "into all things technology", be honest, you're here to make sure people know you don't care for the iPhone, you think it's a lesser device. In that, GREAT! Congratulations...you prefer something that others don't. Come down out of the clouds, off that enormous high horse you're on and quit pretending like you have the inside track on what the right choice is for everyone...I think the Galaxy S III is a fine phone, not for me, but it's a fine phone for someone I'm sure.

Now be a good little boy and take your trolling else where, because yes, when you're on a forum about a product and support of such, and the only reason you're here is to discuss how much you dislike it and down other's opinions of it, you are the definition of troll. And speaking of people having no F'n clue what they're talking about, you pretend like your opinion of the iPhone means anything...understand that your opinion of anything really amounts to about jack squat, and even less on this website, where you look like a tool.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's an interesting take on exactly what Apple is doing... and why it's still an amazing feat year after year. (and the trolls shudder)...

Apple?s Magic Is In The Turn, Not The Prestige | TechCrunch

Here's an excerpt and for me, at least, it drive the point home clearly and accurately. That point is that while the phone itself, year after year, looks and operates the same, it takes a tremendous amount of engineering and, yes, magic, to pull it off. With excellence. With precision. With flair.

Look at the mobile landscape right now. There are two companies that are making any money in smartphones: Apple and Samsung. Or, put another way: Apple and the company Apple just won a billion dollar-plus judgement against for copying their smartphone designs. So while some may find Apple?s trick old hat now, no one else has figured out how to pull it off ? except for the company doing a mediocre copy of the trick. I?d argue it?s because everyone is focusing on The Pledge and The Prestige, but Apple is the only one focusing on The Turn.

They?re the only ones photographing their assembly process with 29 megapixel cameras to ensure that a machine picks the exact inlet from 725 unique cuts. They?re the only ones who spend three years working on earphones. They?re the only ones who would go out of their way to try to re-design a device to look and act similar even though the bulk of it has largely changed.

That?s the thing ? when people say they?re disappointed about the new iPhone, what they?re really saying is that they?re disappointed it doesn?t look that much different from previous version(s). But again, not only is that true, Apple went out of their way to make sure that was the case. Just listen to Jony Ive in the very beginning of the video:

When you think about your iPhone, it?s probably the object that you use most in your life. It?s the product that you have with you all the time. With this unique relationship that people have with their iPhone. We take changing it really seriously. We don?t just want to make a new phone. We want to make a much better phone.

Apple is not and will not make changes just for the sake of change. And while some may now be clamoring for this change, the paradox is that if Apple did make some big changes, many of the same people would ***** and moan about them. Apple is smart enough to know that in this case, most people don?t really want change, they just think that they do because that?s the easiest way to perceive value: visual newness.

Apple?s focus remains on The Turn, the process by which they make the ordinary extraordinary. But even with a masterful Prestige, it?s hard to convey that commitment. That is until you walk into an Apple Store and pick up the product.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Dude are you serious? You make no sense. The reason you have an iPhone is because Apple came out with "gimmicks" you like. So apparently you F'n care. Hypocrite!
Lets get one thing straight. You apparently have no "F'n" clue what your're talking about. So with that said Many...if not most people prefer a bigger screen. Proof...everyone makes a phone with a screen bigger than the iPhone's. In fact Iphone came out with a bigger screen than their legacy device. Even still...most phones are still bigger and more consumers prefer them. On top of that people(yes real people) want USB, HDMI, SD CARD, NFC...iphone doesn't have em. They are not gimmicks...they actually work...do something...have a purpose...in other words NOT GIMMICK. So before you go and call all these things GIMMICKS, why dont you look at the 3.5inch phone in your pocket and see what gimmicks you bought into..or actually are missing for a bigger price than all that gimmicks that came with someone else's phone. Then oh yeah...remember all the accesories that you had to buy that do all the same things that the other phones do with the added gimmicks...more money out of your pocket. You really have no clue do you?

And go ahead and say what you want...call me a troll or what ever. But the reality is you spent more money on your iPhone and accessories than 90% of the world and got less for your money. Then paid more for accesories to perform like other phones. And you want to talk about people being fandroids or whatever.
I had an iPhone...I realized after 3 years I was getting hosed. I was hoping this years would be different...but guess not.

Your posts are eerily similar to that of a member we haven't heard from in a while whose username begins with an M and ends with an O. ;)

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
tumblr_ma90x3hqcP1rdpa5go1_500.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative