What do you think of the new iPhone that was unveiled today?

Phone what you expected or more? Less?

• Exactly what I expected!

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • More than I expected!

Votes: 14 6.1%
  • Eh, it's okay.

Votes: 106 45.9%

• Total voters

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5 was on top of my "to buy" list for 2012. But I went for the Samsung Galaxy S3. It doesn't' have the Android 4.1 Butter OS(which it will before October), but It's virtually LAG free. It's got 2GB of Ram and 3GB of CPU power. It's got TRUE HD, which mean the Super AMOLED HD PLUS screen WOWs you when you run a HD youtube of Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Gameplay at HIGH RES :D

COME ON PEOPLE. COME OVER TO ANDROID. WE HAVE COOKIES.

Who ordered the trolls?

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Although I was pretty sure that all of the leaks were pretty much spot on and that they left me disappointed, I still tuned in to see if Apple would pull some big trick out of their hat. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Almost everything that they unveiled today has been seen and done before somewhere else. While I'm glad that they made the screen larger without going overboard size-wise and added LTE, nothing else really wowed me. Seeing as how I've grown bored with iOS, I was really hoping for something more.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I thought there might be some integrity here...but I guess I was wrong.

oh there is a lot of integrity here, trust me. try not to let a few dicks ruin it for you (myself included)

you're not happy about the new iPhone, we get it. but you need to accept the fact that Apple does not owe you anything

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
"Haters gonna hate?" Apple releases a phone, people ***** that it's not good enough; or people claim that they're "so glad i gots an s3!!!!". It's rather sickening. Don't like the phone? Tough cookies. Like it? Cool, good for you. All this pointless vitriol is grating on my nerves.

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
oh there is a lot of integrity here, trust me. try not to let a few dicks ruin it for you (myself included)

you're not happy about the new iPhone, we get it. but you need to accept the fact that Apple does not owe you anything

Apple doesn't own anyone anything...except their share holders and investors. They owe them product that will sell and make money. So no they dont owe me anything. But indirectly, if the consumer(me) isn't happy...the people holding their stock wont be happy.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple doesn't own anyone anything...except their share holders and investors. They owe them product that will sell and make money. So no they dont owe me anything. But indirectly, if the consumer(me) isn't happy...the people holding their stock wont be happy.

Really? Products that sell? You really think that Apple isn't gonna sell a crap-load of these things? Bwhahahahaha.

Reactions: BreakingKayfabe

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who says its just a stretched screen needs to go watch the video again .. I'm pumped it looks clean .. Faster wifi .. Lte .. Screen .. Processor .. Camera .. Speakers etc pretty much improved everything .. Even the details of the casing in all black .. I don't see one thing that was not improved spec wise seems like a solid update ..

Makes me wonder thou when are they going to change the home button to a touch sensitive button vs the physical press and click lol

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Really? Products that sell? You really think that Apple isn't gonna sell a crap-load of these things? Bwhahahahaha.

I'm sure they will. But the question is are consumers smarter than Apple thinks they are? Will Samsung overcome Apple like they did Nokia? Or will some other OEM? You have to admit that Apple can only get away with modiocre devices for so long. Look at Sony...same thing. there was a day where Sony was THE TV to have. But now not so much. The question is this...is the i5 really a move in the direction to secure long term customers and build on a innovative patern or is it just a revison of a legacy device that might move people think that Apple is not tuely innovating anymore? Granted it's one device. I think Apple has plenty of potential...but they did not show it today.

ejb222

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone who says its just a stretched screen needs to go watch the video again .. I'm pumped it looks clean .. Faster wifi .. Lte .. Screen .. Processor .. Camera .. Speakers etc pretty much improved everything .. Even the details of the casing in all black .. I don't see one thing that was not improved spec wise seems like a solid update ..

Makes me wonder thou when are they going to change the home button to a touch sensitive button vs the physical press and click lol

Yeah it may an improvement over the Apple legacy devices...but is it an improvement to the other smartphones already out???

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Event musings...

The keynote is over and Apple has shown the new iPhone to the world. So what did you think? List all of your positives along with negatives. Don't hold back!

I think the event was well done but predictable. I think iMore did a great job keeping up with the rumors and they were pretty much right on the money. Not a lot of surprises on the iPhone side. Maybe on the iPod side.

Still a lot of questions, though:

1.) What are the specs on the A6 chip? #cores, etc.
2.) What change in data plans will we all experience now that 4G LTE is native?
3.) What is this new 'Slate' finish on the black iPhone? Is that something that's going to scratch/wear off? Is it paint or some new process?
4.) I didn't notice or hear them talk about the headphone jack positioning. Did that indeed move to the bottom of the device?
5.) What is the advantage of the sapphire lens on the camera? I'm not a photo geek, but I don't think I've ever heard of one before.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You're a fool if you think the stock holders won't be happy after launch (or even a year from now when the next iPhone is previewed)...the problem you (and many others) keep having is the assumption that your disappointment is shared by anyone else. The bottom line is, this phone will be a success because most people will be happy with it (yes, i said MOST, the niche of people that are unhappy with it thankfully have an option to go buy a Galaxy S III...let me know how those GSIII sales numbers look after Sept. 21st, lol).

madcat21

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It's nothing revolutionary I think it's more refinements and improvements if anything. Realistically I can't see Apple making huge ground breaking changes every single year but it seems like they settling in a making minor but welcome changes from time to time. Their products are consistent though which makes me come back to them year after year (though I have so much stuff on Itunes which kinda ties into that lol)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it may an improvement over the Apple legacy devices...but is it an improvement to the other smartphones already out???

Apple was able to somewhat please two distinct user groups: Those who wanted a bigger display and those who wanted to maintain their ability to use the device with one hand. Having said that, it is my opinion that it is somewhat an improvement over other smartphones already out. To be fair, however, the iPhone 5 is not the biggest & baddest device on the market, but it is what it is...an iPhone and millions upon millions will buy it. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the event was well done but predictable. I think iMore did a great job keeping up with the rumors and they were pretty much right on the money. Not a lot of surprises on the iPhone side. Maybe on the iPod side.

Still a lot of questions, though:

1.) What are the specs on the A6 chip? #cores, etc.
2.) What change in data plans will we all experience now that 4G LTE is native?
3.) What is this new 'Slate' finish on the black iPhone? Is that something that's going to scratch/wear off? Is it paint or some new process?
4.) I didn't notice or hear them talk about the headphone jack positioning. Did that indeed move to the bottom of the device?
5.) What is the advantage of the sapphire lens on the camera? I'm not a photo geek, but I don't think I've ever heard of one before.

1.) Dual Core
2.) Carriers have listed no changes in data plan prices so assumably none
3.) Aluminum finish, similar to Macbook Pro's
4.) Bottom
5.) It's a clarity feature...it's offered on many high end cameras (IE: Leica DSLR's)

Last edited:

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I love my 4s, and so having a similar phone with LTE and a bigger screen is enough of an improvement for me.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I remember having an iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3GS was a bit meh as it added speed and a camera that could also do video. So when my contract came up I waited to see what the iPhone 4 had to offer.

Boy did it deliver

Retina display - absolutely amazing!
Much better camera for stills
HD video recording
A flash!
A front facing camera for pics and video conferencing
A much more premium glass and steel design upgrade over the plasticky 3GS.

These were all decent upgrade features - I'm slightly concerned that Apple is steadily losing its mojo a little bit with each new release.

The 4S brought Siri, better camera with face detection, bump to 1080p for the video recording and dual core. At the time I was a bit meh but when I came out of contract my 4 died so I was kinda forced to go for the 4s. So glad I did. I LOVE Siri can take or leave the Camera upgrades but dual core- what a difference so much faster smoother and sleeker. Not to mentioned better graphics etc in games compared to the 4 versions. My 4 dying was actually a blessing in disguise as the 4s is actually a lot better than it looks on paper against the original 4.

And now we get 5.........

Well it's certainly no 3GS to 4 style jump, it's not even a 4 to 4S really

Breaking it down we have a stretched 4 with LTE (useless to me I live in the UK 4G rollout has not began, the first network due to start is Everything everywhere but this is the smallest network operator in the UK and rollout has not began so basically to us here in blights LTE is a useless feature.

It seems like the step ups and really cool new innovative features are getting fewer and fewer with each new version?!

I must admit I was expecting more really. A full edge to edge screen. Built in projector, built in fingerprint or retina eye scanner. Something more tangible than an extra 0.5" vertical and the totally redundant to me LTE

Oh well theres always next time

Hopefully *gulp*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox