09-12-2012 03:20 PM
- Not knowing any other appropriate thread to post this: I intend to order the iPhone Next/5 this month, possibly attempt a pre-order. From anyone's past experiences, how much time elapses between shipping confirmation and delivery (or order confirmation and delivery, for that matrter....)?09-11-2012 10:03 PM
- If you pre-order (promptly) the phone, it will deliver on the day the phone is actually released for sale... (granted there are no issues with shipping to your specific address). If you do not pre-order the phone, the delivery time is purely based on available stock...09-12-2012 06:16 AM
- 09-12-2012 08:51 AM
- 09-12-2012 08:57 AM
- Last year I got my pre-order delivered on release day. I heard rumors a few got the 4 a day early, but don't recall anyone getting the 4S early. BTW, I was one of the first to pre-order, I think some later pre-orders weren't as prompt, IIRC.
Last edited by johndhynes; 09-12-2012 at 09:12 AM.09-12-2012 09:09 AM
As far as preordering "right away" as you put it, me and my wife pre-ordered our phones last year the moment the preordering system went online...we got ours around 11am the day it was released.
What you're referring to is a very VERY VEEEEERRRRY unlikely and uncommon scenario.09-12-2012 09:13 AM
- From my experiences with preordering iPhones (3GS, 4 and 4S), I always got my device the day of release and that's what I would expect would be for most of those who do not miss the cut off before delayed shipments. My iPhone 4 even sat at my local fedex office for 2 days because they received strict orders to not deliver it until the release day. Shippers do make mistakes but what you find that most get it the day of release and those that get a day early are just lucky their local shipping office made a mistake.09-12-2012 09:34 AM
- 09-12-2012 11:52 AM
- 09-12-2012 11:57 AM
- 09-12-2012 12:22 PM
Above, you said:Usually when you preorder( right away) it arrives before it is in stores.09-12-2012 12:29 PM
You quoted my post about the shipping times and said "That's not always true...", and while you do have some truth to that, it would be like having someone ask "How is the Ford Focus to drive?" and you pointing out that some people experienced car fires...even if that "some people" was like 2 out of 2,000,000,000.09-12-2012 02:46 PMLike 2
- I recall having this discussion a year ago, and daydreaming about walking past everyone in line at the Apple store in the morning with my new 4S. (Not that they would know it wasn't a 4.) It didn't happen. I did end up at the store with my 4S later that day, but by then the line was gone and they had still not sold out.
I searched and did find a bunch of people posting that they got the 4 early two years ago, plus someone I talked to personally said he did when the VZW came out, but I could not find anyone getting the 4S early last year. If anybody posted such here on the forums, or elsewhere, please post the link here so we can settle this. So far as I can tell, though, it may have been true for iPhone 4 but not 4S.
Last edited by johndhynes; 09-12-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Update09-12-2012 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD