anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious, do 'we' want a bigger iPhone? Also bigger in length, width or overall?

I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S III since 21st June. I guess I'm simply used to the size now, and hence I'm wondering if I just want a new iPhone that SAME size.

What say you?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't. I don't need or want a bigger screen. I prefer the size that the iPhone is currently (4/4S). The bigger (read: taller) screen is ok, but I'd prefer nothing larger that what is proposed.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the iPhone size. Its a comfortable size in my opinion as it is. But a tad bit wider screen wouldn't be bad either.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the iPhone size. Its a comfortable size in my opinion as it is. But a tad bit wider screen wouldn't be bad either.

I'm in agreement. The current size is sufficient, but a screen that is a "tad bit" wider wouldn't hurt, in my opinion.

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used the Galaxy Nexus, HTC ONE X, and iPhone 4 this year. I prefer the size of the Galaxy Nexus and One X but the OS just isn't compatible. I wish Apple would go around 4.5" and widen it a little.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
...i would like a 4" to 4.5" iPhone. Just a tad wider would make it even better. Seeing all these leaks and if on Wednesday it's proven we only got a taller iPhone I won't be too satisfied. I have an upgrade available but I'm willing to wait...or maybe I'll stay with my 4S or just get the SG3. With all due respect to...I'm really hoping imore and leaks of iPhone 5 are incorrect LOL...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
...i would like a 4" to 4.5" iPhone. Just a tad wider would make it even better. Seeing all these leaks and if on Wednesday it's proven we only got a taller iPhone I won't be too satisfied. I have an upgrade available but I'm willing to wait...or maybe I'll stay with my 4S or just get the SG3. With all due respect to...I'm really hoping imore and leaks of iPhone 5 are incorrect LOL...

I hope the leaks a incorrect too. I just don't know if it's enough for me to upgrade when it comes out.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Apple makes the calls.
Apple knows what's best for the majority of us.
We leave apple to do all the thinking for us since we are paying their products.
We spend our time thinking and doing better stuff then contributing some stupid ideas to apple
The market speaks for itself. If its good. People will buy it.
If its not. Apple will improve and release something awesome.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
In my perfect world, apple would have left the screen the same exact size it is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my perfect world. Apple would have done exactly what was mentioned by the author of iMore.
Allowing more screen without actually increasing a proportional length.
Screens are too damn big these days :mad:
A Smartphone should be a phone! Not Hybrid Tablet likes!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You guys act like the only new feature you're going to get on this upcoming iPhone is the slightly larger screen, lol. Say what you want, you'll all be buying it regardless.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys act like the only new feature you're going to get on this upcoming iPhone is the slightly larger screen, lol. Say what you want, you'll all be buying it regardless.

I wouldn't go that far. When it is introduced and after I have physically handled the new iPhone is when I will decide whether or not to buy it and believe me, if I don't like it, I will not buy it. That's just how I am.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far. When it is introduced and after I have physically handled the new iPhone is when I will decide whether or not to buy it and believe me, if I don't like it, I will not buy it. That's just how I am.

I agree with you. I'm not the type to go buy a new phone because it's just what everybody wants. After spending 4 years of my life with a blackberry and being in denial I switched over to iPhone 4s last year when it came out. Lately it just bores me. That's why I'm considering a SG3. I just don't want a taller screen but also just a tad wider. I refuse to get a phone just because it's a trendy phone. Whateva in the end I might just stay with my 4S with iOS6. If I get bored...I might just jailbreak it again.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

I don't worry too much about that. If i don't like it, i'd return it (or sell). If i wait to see in store, it's already a problem buying due to any shortage.

What I'm presently weighing is the headache I'll have with losing accessories like mounts in cars. Cases for wife. It could take weeks to see replacements. More charging cables or adapters. And any impact the new screen and aspect ratio has on apps which again could take weeks for updates, some of which won't see updates. Of course there's the activation fee, upgrade fee (which i never had to pay in past), and contract extension.

Which is weighed against an iphone 4S i'm using now that is a pretty great phone and does everything I want. I'll decide on the 12th if the benefits outweigh the costs...costs that have sharply gone up this time around.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't worry too much about that. If i don't like it, i'd return it (or sell). If i wait to see in store, it's already a problem buying due to any shortage.

What I'm presently weighing is the headache I'll have with losing accessories like mounts in cars. Cases for wife. It could take weeks to see replacements. More charging cables or adapters. And any impact the new screen and aspect ratio has on apps which again could take weeks for updates, some of which won't see updates. Of course there's the activation fee, upgrade fee (which i never had to pay in past), and contract extension.

Which is weighed against an iphone 4S i'm using now that is a pretty great phone and does everything I want. I'll decide on the 12th if the benefits outweigh the costs...costs that have sharply gone up this time around.

Last year when the 4S launched, it appeared as if most people went to either the Apple Store or their wireless providers to purchase their device and they sold out almost immediately. Even retailers like Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target and Walmart even sold out and yet, HHGregg stores, which caters only to Verizon, had plenty in stock. I walked in the store and bought it. No lines and no long waits. Still, I understand what you're saying. On the surface, the new iPhone is just not that appealing to me and thus my need to handle it before purchasing. Furthermore, I'm still thoroughly satisfied with my 4S.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR