Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree6Likes
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Just got the ad news

Dear Robert:

I know that you're excited to get your new iPhone 5 and you can be sure we are as excited to sell it to you. Unfortunately, as of the night before the official launch, Best Buy® has not received enough of the specific model phone you ordered, and we will not have it available on launch day. You can be certain that we are working very hard to get you, as quickly as possible, the exact iPhone 5 model you pre-ordered. It could take as long as 28 days to find the iPhone you want. However, there is no doubt that the fact you pre-ordered a phone from Best Buy means you will be able to buy it before any consumer trying to find one on their own.

Trust us, we will be able to get you the phone you want – maybe not as fast as you might want, but likely as fast as anyone else at this point.

I really appreciate your patience and willingness to shop Best Buy. We look forward to getting you the phone you ordered with us.

If you have any questions, please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

iMore Newbie

10 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Re: at&t ordered cancelled

i feel your pain. i ordered one fri am @ 1am. the next morning i received an email saying it would be 14-21 days until it was shipped after rep checked and assured me it would be here next week. went to cancel order fri evening and take my chances at att store or apple store. was told i could cancel at any time. went to an att store and while on hold to cancel secured a 16g white iphone. was on the phone for over an hour after being told over and over by several phone reps that i could not cancel my order and was given several different reasons. the main one--it was being shipped. i explained that there was no way on God's green earth that it had been shipped from 9:30 friday evening until the next day at 9am. after being transferred a few times, i was given the same response. i called back in and was told that the att reps were told to tell customers that even though the orders showed pending, that the orders could not be cancelled as there were too many customers cancelling orders. so, i set up an additional line with the understanding i could cancel the new line and activate the new phone once i received it. so, i called cust serv an hour later and the rep said that the info i received was incorrect and he cancelled my order. i went back to the att store, got the phone onto my eligible upgrade line and everything was okay (despite my displeasure over the whole incident). there was a customer beside me dealing with the same issue. guess att was trying to screw customers who did exactly what they said to do and then told "sorry, we lied to you earlier". yes, an exact quote. i have a new iphone and had to chuckle when i received a text message today from att that i should receive my new iphone this week. needless to say, the store rep said to bring my bill in when i get it and he will fix it since he was sure there would be billing errors. what a joy....
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

Default Ordered my iPhone 5

I just figured to not pre-order although the reps are all for it. I just had them to run my credit and everything online, but didn't do the order. It was easy for the young lady who helped me out in store. She just needed to fax my info and that was it!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456