• Yes

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
It's all about priorities and money management. You don't have to make a lot to spend $700 on a phone. I know a lot of people that make more than me and I have nicer things than they do.

Indeed! I don't see why people would fuss over the price!
Many of us. Bought iPhone4S and from that day on we knew we are going to sell this phone and buy iPhone5 when it comes out.
Why? Because if you do that. Your only paying at most 200~300 each year for a phone.
Moreover, since we know that we are going to upgrade. setting aside say.. $50 a month for iPhone 5 since 12 months ago + the money you made from selling 4S would have been more than adequate to buy a fresh iPhone without contract.
Given the fact that most of us have a 2 years plan.
Year 1 we pay $200 for iPhone.
Year 2 we pay $700-$350(assuming the fact that you sold it around that price) = $350
Year 3 we pay $200-$350 = -$150
Year 4 we pay $700-$350-$150= $200 ( it's the same as year 1!)
So in the end. We get the latest phones. The most awesome one every year. and ENJOY the phone. at the price of some cheapstake lousy ass android phone. I don't see why we shouldn't upgrade! :D

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Indeed! I don't see why people would fuss over the price!
Many of us. Bought iPhone4S and from that day on we knew we are going to sell this phone and buy iPhone5 when it comes out.
Why? Because if you do that. Your only paying at most 200~300 each year for a phone.
Moreover, since we know that we are going to upgrade. setting aside say.. $50 a month for iPhone 5 since 12 months ago + the money you made from selling 4S would have been more than adequate to buy a fresh iPhone without contract.
Given the fact that most of us have a 2 years plan.
Year 1 we pay $200 for iPhone.
Year 2 we pay $700-$350(assuming the fact that you sold it around that price) = $350
Year 3 we pay $200-$350 = -$150
Year 4 we pay $700-$350-$150= $200 ( it's the same as year 1!)
So in the end. We get the latest phones. The most awesome one every year. and ENJOY the phone. at the price of some cheapstake lousy ass android phone. I don't see why we shouldn't upgrade! :D

What he said.........:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
i dont have an upgrade, but good thing is that my son is ready for a phone so he will get the hand me down and I will add a line

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iphone 4 when it came out on Verizon which means that I get an upgrade in October. Sucks that I can't get the phone when it comes out, but I'd think that Verizon is risking their release day buzz, since the huge mass of people that bought the 4 at release don't qualify for promo pricing until Oct. 7 at the earliest.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iphone 4 when it came out on Verizon which means that I get an upgrade in October. Sucks that I can't get the phone when it comes out, but I'd think that Verizon is risking their release day buzz, since the huge mass of people that bought the 4 at release don't qualify for promo pricing until Oct. 7 at the earliest.

That's a really good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Ever since I got the iPhone 3G, I have been eligible to upgrade for the new iPhone (my line is >$100 per month, and I have rumor has it that is one of the criteria). I upgraded summer 2009 (3GS), summer 2010 (4), fall 2011 (4S).

However, I just checked my eligibility this year, and it said I am not eligible until 5/7/13!!

I am going to call AT&T tomorrow and find out what is going on. Have they changed their criteria? Why do I not get the 1 year upgrade this time?

If push comes to shove, I have another family member using a 3GS. They want to upgrade to the iPhone 4S, so I will give them mine, sell their phone, and pay for a new phone. I still want to know why I am not eligible for an upgrade this year though.

Chris

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
My ink that I actually drew.

You should have probably used the quotel feature available on these and many other forums. I'm sure more than a few people are confused as to why you just did that. Just trying to help

JBunnie

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I don't have an upgrade coming up but since a significant amount of concrete iPhone 5 info started coming out I've been calling about issues with my current phone. Couple that with the fact that I've had a number of replacement devices I got my carrier to agree to give me an early upgrade.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Sadly I don't have an upgrade coming up but since a significant amount of concrete iPhone 5 info started coming out I've been calling about issues with my current phone. Couple that with the fact that I've had a number of replacement devices I got my carrier to agree to give me an early upgrade.

I did that with the 4S

kplu191

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as the OP's ?.......I do I do I do!!! Gonna get my first iPhone, and the wait is killing me. Ima getting sucked in like its Eve telling me the fruit is awesome. Swore I never would, but I am getting really use to my new iMac, and ATV. This stuff is great. Just thought I'd add my .02 . I'm wondering where the best place to catch Wednesdays keynote will be.....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

menithings

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 4 since week one so I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months now. Needless to say I've been waiting patiently to see what the iPhone 5 will offer.

mikells43

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna call tomm but not nag. Before I'd nag them and beg and plead but I'll just pay for it if I have too. I'll get 250-300 for my flawless 4s so it will only be 250 to get it off contract. So I'm cool with that. I have perfect pay history since 2005 so they may budge.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice