Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0b4

Default Re: iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!

For my dream iPhone, it'd have the current 4" display with 3DS-type 3D, but not so terrible that it hurts your eyes. It'd also have Nokia's new Pureview 40 MP camera and shoot 4K video. It'd also have VoLTE on any carrier. It'd also have 500 GB storage.
    iPhone Nanite

Who knows how the iphone 5 is working in chicago with sprint? The Iphone 4S was very slow in data conections. I like aluminium back, es pretty nice.
    iPhone Nanite

Geez. An iPhone that the battery never dies, never breaks, compliments me, sings me songs, tells me stories, cheers me up when I'm sad, holds me when I'm lonely, gives me it's case when I'm cold, goes on vacation with me, makes me dinner, and what the heck, drives my car and goes to work for me.
    iPhone Nanite

A smidgen wider in order to have a bit more room using the keyboard -- the optical illusion with a longer phone is that it isn't as wide across as the iPhone 4. That and a better quality camera (front and back). I get tired of people always asking me why I still carry/use my Canon S95 rather than the iPhone camera. Oh, and a map app that works. That'll do for now.
    iPhone Nanite

The device is bigger, faster and can change into any color with the type of the notification!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5

Pick me for the iphone 5!
    iPhone Newbie

I'd like it to be just a tiny bit wider, with more screen and less frame. A 10-12 megapixel camera would be nice, and video zoom. Otherwise, I have loved every iPhone I've had.
    iPhone Nanite

I would love to win a iPhone 5. I am ready to make the leap from Blackberry.
    iPhone Nanite

I just want folders for my pictures and a #s keyboard for entering credit card info easily.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!

Thanks for being so generous with the contests. It over the top. The only thing to make it better would be to pick me :-)
    iPhone Newbie

Would love to win an iPhone 5!
    "Stay hungry, stay foolish" Steve Jobs
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Dream iPhone....
    I'm liking the 4" screen size I have seen on the IP5 but I think I would prefer it be a tad wider. As far as form/fit/finish goes, Rene keeps joking about how adamantium iPhones don't exist but this is MY dream device so it's gonna be made outta adamantium. 8mp camera is fine but i would like it to take better low light photos and some sort of macro focus mode for extreme close ups. Lets move the camera to the left side of the phone so that when you are using the volume up as a shutter release your finger doesn't get in the way. I would like a micro usb connector instead of the apple connector. Stock settings toggles in the notification area like the one available through SBSettings. NFC, wireless charging, etc....yaddy yaddy..sure

Thanks for the contest, now I'm going to go watch Looper.

Cheers
    Cheers
    iPhone Newbie

I agree with a lot of people here who say a bit wider. Still getting used to it being so thin and tall.

And, third times a charm? Pretty please??
    iPhone Pro

I would like to see a little bit wider phone, maybe keep the same aspect ratio of the previous iPhone so apps fit more easily.

I would love to win one.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I would like to see a kick-stand for easier watching videos or just a stand. Also since the phones are getting smaller it would be nice to bring back a flip phone where the phone would have two touch screens.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Arrow iPhone Effect

Since Rene extended the contest, I have decided to upgrade my entry. I have changed a few things from my old design but the specs are virtually the same...
    Allow me to introduce the iPhone Effect:
    -13 megapixel back cam with dual flash (1080p recording)
    - 4.7 in (diagonal) retina screen
    - beats audio
    - quadcore 1.5ghz i-Processor
    - 4g lte capable (chip can be seen below the beats audio text)
    - 3 megapixel front facing camera (centered)
    - stereo speakers
    - a micro usb connector (also an hdmi port with included mhl adapter)
    - an sd card slot (found under volume buttons) <--- internal storage comes in 32-128gb sizes
    - a stand to make your experience even better
    and most important:
    - a hd projecter that can show full 1080 video from up to 8 ft away (iProject studio software included)
    and for Chris O:
    - siri will be fully functional in the UK
    ----the next big thing is already here--- iPhone Effect
    To create this design i relied on Autodesk Inventor Pro... I hope you like my updated design and good luck to everyone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!-revise1.png   iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!-revise2.png   iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!-landscape1.jpg   iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!-fullset.jpg  
    Last edited by trickedoutdavid; 10-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Me me me iphone 5 if you please. Trade a slighty used flux capacitor
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

here here! (I've tried 2 times prior...third times the charm right?)
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Same height a tad bit wider no physical home button and edge to edge screen.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Introducing the “All New IPhone”…… It’s not your Dad’s iPhone, in fact it’s not an iPhone at all, not like you know it. Re-Introducing the iBook

<A laptop raises out of the stage on a pedestal>

<The crowd looks dumbfounded and stock begins to drop>

As you can see this is not your father’s iPhone, this is the all new iBook System.

<More dumb looks>

<Twitter blows up with how Apple screwed the pooch>

What you have here is the next generation in iDevices, this sleek package is not your ordinary laptop.

<Lifts lid, iBook boots into iOS X>

What you have here is a total productivity solution. The newest specs in hardware, yadda yadda yadda. 1 TB SSD for low power consumption on the go computing. Newest generation touchscreen monitor. The solution we are working towards is how to have on the go computing while actually on the go?

<Crowd looks intrigued>

<Speaker lifts the monitor nonchalantly off the hinges and carries it away>

Introducing the newest line in our iPad line!!!!

<The crowd cheers twitter blows up just like everyone’s mind in the audience>

We have combined the power of the laptop with the added value that a tablet provides. With the state of the art hardware and the 320 GB memory this tablet provides you can now take your work with you anywhere….. Almost…..

<Speaker presses in on the back of the iPad and out pops the brand new iPhone!!!>

<The crowd goes crazy, stock prices begin to soar>

Here is the integral backbone of the entire system. With its LTE connectivity it provides internet access to every component, to tablet while docked, to laptop while docked. With its 128 GB storage you have plenty of room for photos and music on the fly, and the integrated iPad dock allows you to sync you music on the fly, your photos on the fly, heck everything on the fly.
    But what about those times when having your phone is not convenient?

<Speaker presses the side of the new iPhone and out pops a Bluetooth headset looking device>

The New Ipod shuffle!!!!

<Applauses everywhere>

The iPod shuffle fits snuggly in your ear, and allows you to carry 8 GB of music with you anywhere, gym, running, etc. etc. It also acts as your Bluetooth headset for the iBook System. It sits neatly in the side of the new iPhone much like an SD card does in other phones.

So with this system you see you have the perfect portable office. Laptop -> Tablet -> Phone -> Mp3 Player. Just to add that with the Bluetooth Shuffle powered on, and paired, you will be able to send and receive phone calls regardless of which device you are currently using, and the way we have designed the system it all syncs down effortlessly. Shuffle syncs with IPhone Syncs with iPad syncs with iBook.

Introducing the new iBook System with iOS X
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

I've spent a ton of time thinking about how I would improve the iPhone. After quite a while pondering, I'm stuck. The iPhone is a beautiful phone, not only aesthetically, but also in specifications. In the current smartphone market, many (not all) of the "features" not available on the iPhone are gimmicky at best. Ultimately, I'd like to add only a few features:

1. Improved Camera
      Personally, I LOVE my iPhone camera. I'd like to see improvements to the quality beyond the typical megapixel desire. I'd like to see sensor level improvements to improve noise response, dynamic range, and DOF. I would like to see internal exchangeable lenses, or perhaps Apple endorsed cases that feature interchangeable lenses
    2. NFC
      I want to see NFC utilized only because I see it emerging in technology more and more (even in business cards!). I feel that this could be a strong move to help get Apple a bigger leg-up in enterprise applications.

The more I think about what I don't like about the iPhone, the more I like the iPhone. It is an incredible piece of technology and think that much of the distaste for it among the folks who dislike it is due to the very modern jading of technological perspective. With each iPhone, I am impressed by Apple. I'm never impressed to the degree of absolute infatuation (except for the first one, of course), but impressed nonetheless. Renee, I don't think you'll find a better design in the iMore forums, because if there were folks who had Ideas for the iPhone that could change the smartphone world (again), they'd be working for Apple. That being said, I'd really really enjoy an upgrade to the iPhone 5, and simply can't afford it right now. That's it, nothing else to it. Currently, I've got a 4S. It's a great phone, and hope to win this one so I can pass it on to my girlfriend so she can learn to love Apple devices as much as I do. Thanks to iMore for putting all these giveaways on. Holy cow!
    Last edited by SimpleAsItSeems; 10-01-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Removed the double post in the same post.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Apple have announces the new iPhone with 12 mpx idslr camera, 32 64 128gb storage, thinner lighter design like iPod touch 5gen. LTE support, have laser keyboard, nfc support, bluetooth 3.0, 4,7 inch display with retina+ display, have 1,5 ghz quadcore Processor with 2gb of ram. Improve iOS 5 with wifi sharing, Add true multitasking can use two apps with same time, add more printer support, add wirelles charging support, smarter siri, Fingerprint and retina security support, thunderbolt port but safe like a magsafe, istay, with solid alumunium unibody. Thank U iMore
    white apple ipad 2 32GB 3G, iphone 4, htc EVO 4G
    iPhone Nanite

I would love to win an iPhone 5!
    iPhone Nanite

I would love to win an iPhone 5, I never win anything.
    iPhone Nanite

Very nice of iMore to extend the contest! Would love to win an iPhone 5. Would be even better, though, to somehow have the phone I'm about to show my concept of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!-imoreiphone.jpg  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast