10-10-2012 01:27 AM
- Geez. An iPhone that the battery never dies, never breaks, compliments me, sings me songs, tells me stories, cheers me up when I'm sad, holds me when I'm lonely, gives me it's case when I'm cold, goes on vacation with me, makes me dinner, and what the heck, drives my car and goes to work for me.10-01-2012 06:56 PM
- A smidgen wider in order to have a bit more room using the keyboard -- the optical illusion with a longer phone is that it isn't as wide across as the iPhone 4. That and a better quality camera (front and back). I get tired of people always asking me why I still carry/use my Canon S95 rather than the iPhone camera. Oh, and a map app that works. That'll do for now.10-01-2012 07:03 PM
- Dream iPhone....
I'm liking the 4" screen size I have seen on the IP5 but I think I would prefer it be a tad wider. As far as form/fit/finish goes, Rene keeps joking about how adamantium iPhones don't exist but this is MY dream device so it's gonna be made outta adamantium. 8mp camera is fine but i would like it to take better low light photos and some sort of macro focus mode for extreme close ups. Lets move the camera to the left side of the phone so that when you are using the volume up as a shutter release your finger doesn't get in the way. I would like a micro usb connector instead of the apple connector. Stock settings toggles in the notification area like the one available through SBSettings. NFC, wireless charging, etc....yaddy yaddy..sure
Thanks for the contest, now I'm going to go watch Looper.
Cheers10-01-2012 07:47 PM
- Since Rene extended the contest, I have decided to upgrade my entry. I have changed a few things from my old design but the specs are virtually the same...
Allow me to introduce the iPhone Effect:
-13 megapixel back cam with dual flash (1080p recording)
- 4.7 in (diagonal) retina screen
- beats audio
- quadcore 1.5ghz i-Processor
- 4g lte capable (chip can be seen below the beats audio text)
- 3 megapixel front facing camera (centered)
- stereo speakers
- a micro usb connector (also an hdmi port with included mhl adapter)
- an sd card slot (found under volume buttons) <--- internal storage comes in 32-128gb sizes
- a stand to make your experience even better
and most important:
- a hd projecter that can show full 1080 video from up to 8 ft away (iProject studio software included)
and for Chris O:
- siri will be fully functional in the UK
----the next big thing is already here--- iPhone Effect
To create this design i relied on Autodesk Inventor Pro... I hope you like my updated design and good luck to everyone...
Last edited by trickedoutdavid; 10-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.10-01-2012 08:14 PM
- Introducing the All New IPhone Its not your Dads iPhone, in fact its not an iPhone at all, not like you know it. Re-Introducing the iBook
<A laptop raises out of the stage on a pedestal>
<The crowd looks dumbfounded and stock begins to drop>
As you can see this is not your fathers iPhone, this is the all new iBook System.
<More dumb looks>
<Twitter blows up with how Apple screwed the pooch>
What you have here is the next generation in iDevices, this sleek package is not your ordinary laptop.
<Lifts lid, iBook boots into iOS X>
What you have here is a total productivity solution. The newest specs in hardware, yadda yadda yadda. 1 TB SSD for low power consumption on the go computing. Newest generation touchscreen monitor. The solution we are working towards is how to have on the go computing while actually on the go?
<Crowd looks intrigued>
<Speaker lifts the monitor nonchalantly off the hinges and carries it away>
Introducing the newest line in our iPad line!!!!
<The crowd cheers twitter blows up just like everyones mind in the audience>
We have combined the power of the laptop with the added value that a tablet provides. With the state of the art hardware and the 320 GB memory this tablet provides you can now take your work with you anywhere.. Almost..
<Speaker presses in on the back of the iPad and out pops the brand new iPhone!!!>
<The crowd goes crazy, stock prices begin to soar>
Here is the integral backbone of the entire system. With its LTE connectivity it provides internet access to every component, to tablet while docked, to laptop while docked. With its 128 GB storage you have plenty of room for photos and music on the fly, and the integrated iPad dock allows you to sync you music on the fly, your photos on the fly, heck everything on the fly.
But what about those times when having your phone is not convenient?
<Speaker presses the side of the new iPhone and out pops a Bluetooth headset looking device>
The New Ipod shuffle!!!!
The iPod shuffle fits snuggly in your ear, and allows you to carry 8 GB of music with you anywhere, gym, running, etc. etc. It also acts as your Bluetooth headset for the iBook System. It sits neatly in the side of the new iPhone much like an SD card does in other phones.
So with this system you see you have the perfect portable office. Laptop -> Tablet -> Phone -> Mp3 Player. Just to add that with the Bluetooth Shuffle powered on, and paired, you will be able to send and receive phone calls regardless of which device you are currently using, and the way we have designed the system it all syncs down effortlessly. Shuffle syncs with IPhone Syncs with iPad syncs with iBook.
Introducing the new iBook System with iOS X10-01-2012 09:28 PM
- I've spent a ton of time thinking about how I would improve the iPhone. After quite a while pondering, I'm stuck. The iPhone is a beautiful phone, not only aesthetically, but also in specifications. In the current smartphone market, many (not all) of the "features" not available on the iPhone are gimmicky at best. Ultimately, I'd like to add only a few features:
- Improved Camera
Personally, I LOVE my iPhone camera. I'd like to see improvements to the quality beyond the typical megapixel desire. I'd like to see sensor level improvements to improve noise response, dynamic range, and DOF. I would like to see internal exchangeable lenses, or perhaps Apple endorsed cases that feature interchangeable lenses
I want to see NFC utilized only because I see it emerging in technology more and more (even in business cards!). I feel that this could be a strong move to help get Apple a bigger leg-up in enterprise applications.
The more I think about what I don't like about the iPhone, the more I like the iPhone. It is an incredible piece of technology and think that much of the distaste for it among the folks who dislike it is due to the very modern jading of technological perspective. With each iPhone, I am impressed by Apple. I'm never impressed to the degree of absolute infatuation (except for the first one, of course), but impressed nonetheless. Renee, I don't think you'll find a better design in the iMore forums, because if there were folks who had Ideas for the iPhone that could change the smartphone world (again), they'd be working for Apple. That being said, I'd really really enjoy an upgrade to the iPhone 5, and simply can't afford it right now. That's it, nothing else to it. Currently, I've got a 4S. It's a great phone, and hope to win this one so I can pass it on to my girlfriend so she can learn to love Apple devices as much as I do. Thanks to iMore for putting all these giveaways on. Holy cow!
Last edited by SimpleAsItSeems; 10-01-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Removed the double post in the same post.10-01-2012 09:59 PM
- Improved Camera
- Apple have announces the new iPhone with 12 mpx idslr camera, 32 64 128gb storage, thinner lighter design like iPod touch 5gen. LTE support, have laser keyboard, nfc support, bluetooth 3.0, 4,7 inch display with retina+ display, have 1,5 ghz quadcore Processor with 2gb of ram. Improve iOS 5 with wifi sharing, Add true multitasking can use two apps with same time, add more printer support, add wirelles charging support, smarter siri, Fingerprint and retina security support, thunderbolt port but safe like a magsafe, istay, with solid alumunium unibody. Thank U iMore10-01-2012 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD