- 09-10-2012, 03:52 AM #26iMore Newbie
- 18 Posts
So I spent the better part of the weekend playing Apple CEO and mocked up my dream iPhone. It's called iPhone X and features what I hope could be next generation features like a holographic interface and advanced haptic feedback. I distilled my favorite ideas into a webpage mockup that feature some 3D renderings and an attempt at some Apple-esque copy. Also below is a brief 3D animation of the device.
There are more concepts I'm playing with, like temperature zones and simulated material resistance, that further the idea of advanced haptics. But for now here's what I had time to complete with a decent level of polish.
I'm a filmmaker and avid technology fan. The mockup and animation were created entirely on my new MacBook Pro Retina (amazing machine BTW) with a student version of Maya and trial versions of After Effects and Final Cut Pro X. The music is a royalty-free Apple loop.
Feedback is welcome and appreciated
- 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM #27iMore Newbie
- 18 Posts
- modo (15 day trial)
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Final Cut Pro X
All give you full feature set access with no restrictions or watermarks.
Last edited by menithings; 09-10-2012 at 07:37 PM.
- 09-10-2012, 08:38 PM #28
For me I'd have the phone be 20% thinner, battery about 1700mah. The back would be curved similar to a magic mouse, I would make it 1 inch taller and have a edge to edge screen.
The front camera would be 3mp and the rear would have a Pureview camera :P
The headphone jack would be on the top and I would have pressure sensitive areas to toggle the screen on and off.
The volume and other functions would be controller by your fingers on the back of the device.. It would be touch sensitive similar to the PS Vita and magic mouse. All this would be in addition to most of the current specs we have now.
Oh and it would come in white, black and silver.. It would be made of steel and glass and I would start with. 32gb, 64gb and 128gb.
Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk
- 09-11-2012, 02:27 AM #29
- 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM #30
My movie and picture making skills aren't good enough for this so I'll just describe.
- 4.5" Retina Plus (1920 x 1280). The best mobile phone screen ever made...
- 16:9 aspect ratio. Perfect for airplay mirroring, watching videos, widescreen gaming.
- Quad-core processor.
- In-cell screen technology to make it the thinnest iphone yet
- 2GB RAM
- 50% more battery life
- 12mp camera and 5mp front camera.
- Inductive charging
- Direct Airplay
- Smart Tethering (combined with ipad/ipod touch/mini ipad) Automatically turns on when you need it.
- Dual speakers
- Top bar icons can be toggled on/off with a tap
- Facetime/phone call recording
Last edited by cardfan; 09-11-2012 at 08:59 AM.
- 09-11-2012, 01:48 PM #31
Attempt Number 2 (Fastest Upgrade in History)
Hi All, I didn’t see anything prohibiting me from entering twice so I gave my iPhone concept an upgrade faster that Samsung could copy it (just kidding).
My specifications are listed below, but in short, I made it thinner, larger screen, faster and added a few cool things that are far beyond my understanding. So once again have a look, let me know what you think and if you like it great if not I will try harder next time.
• Quad Core 1.8 ghz CPU
• Dual Core 1.4 ghz GPU (dedicated cores for main screen and mini pads)
• 2 GB RAM
• 128 GB Internal Memory (Micro SD Expandable up to 512 GB)
• Screen (Main)
o 4.3” Retina Plus Display
o Enhanced Contrast Processing Allows for Full Sunlight Viewing with No Loss of Contrast or Brightness
• Screen (Mini Pads)
o Four 18 mm [.708 in] X 8 mm [.315 in] iTouch Mini Pads
o Fully Configurable, Each Screen May be Configured Separately to Display a Wide Array of Information and System Settings
Message Center Clock Calendar Weather Finger Print Scan
Appointments System Monitor Siri Monitor
Quick Access to System Setting WI-FI, Bluetooth
Each Pad is a Mini iTouch Pad that may be configured for use in Apps and Game Play. Keep Your Main Screen Free and Use the Mini Pads for in App/Game Options, Scroll Function While Maintaining Full Screen, Game Tokens, Badges, And Full Game Controls
• Multi-Function Pressure Sensitive iTouch Screens (Fully adjustable pressure sensitive screen, press harder moves item faster, press lighter for precision movements)
• Combination Micro Sim / Micro SD Card Slot (up to 512 GB) for Added Storage Capacity
• Dynamic Range Stereo Speakers with Power Boost Technology, Equinox HHR (Human Hearing Range, Dramatically Enhanced Sound Quality and Volume for Listening Pleasure)*Warning Listing at Full Volume May Harm Ears
• Rubberized Anodized Aluminum Alloy Backing, Feels Like Metal Rebounds Like Rubber (Scratch and Finger Print Resistant)
• Carbon Fiber Main Frame
o Siri w/i’Am Listening. Fully Configurable, Siri knows your voice and responds to your every command. (Siri w/i’Am Listening can store up to 5 voices for full voice recognition, with programmable voice priority)
o Full Siri Control Over Apps and All System Functions
App Open/Close All Apps Close Bluetooth On/Off Wi-FI On/Off
Screen Brightness Mini Pad Configurations Camera Settings
• Camera (Rear)
o 16.4 MP Camera with 1080p HD Video Recoding. Simultaneous Video and Image Capture
o Opti Solution Mounted 3X Optical, 60X Digital Zoom for Photos and Video
o Full Image Stabilization
o Dual Multi Sensor Flash w/Red Eye Reduction and Shadow Fill
o Mega Flash Panic Mode, Fully Configurable Mega Flash Used in an Emergency Situation may Temporarily Blind and Intruder. Full Set of Safety Features, Fingerprint Authorization Required.(For Emergency Use Only)
o Super Macro (.4” to 2.8”)
o Wide Angle
o Extreme Low Light Image and Video Capture
o Multi Face Detection (1 to 16)
o High Speed video capture up to 2700 FPS
o Burst Mode Image Capture(42 images per second)
• iVeiw (Panoramic Imaging)
o Multi View Tracking Lens System Knows Where Your Looking
o Dual Lens Processing Seamlessly Stiches Multiple Images into Full Panoramic Scenes (up to 360 degrees) (iView App required to view 360 degree panoramic images)
o Tracking Lens Supports Primary Imaging Lens w/Gyro Assisted Lead
o 720p Video Panoramic (up to 160 degree field of view) (iView App required to view panoramic videos)
• Camera (Front)
o 6 PM with 720p HD Recording (Face Time video quality is dependent of cellular / Wi-Fi speeds and capabilities)
• Flush Mounted System Buttons
• Volume Up / Shutter Release Button Enlarged for Easier Camera Operation
• Enhanced Home button with No Touch Option (Home button may be set for full standard contact or for ductile movement enhancement (swipe over button to active various functions)
• Built in Stand for Vertical and Horizontal Viewing (Break-Away) (Standard iPhone comes complete with 3 replacements
• Quick Release Magnetic Multi-Purpose Mini Connector (charging, headphones, HDMI, computer connectivity)
• Energy Cell
o 4300 mah Micro Cell 6 Year Hydrogen Micro Chamber Dry Chemical Process Energy Cell
o Rapid Inductive Charging (back plate only)
o 45 Minute Full Charge via mini Doc Connector
o 2.3 Hour Full Charge Inductive Charging (Full Contact)
o Stand-by: Up to 856 hours
o Talk Time: Up to 86 hours
o Internet Use: Up to 67 hours
o Video Playback: Up to 62 hours
o Audio Playback: Up to 185 hours
o Three Axis Gyro
o Proximity Sensor
o Ambient Light Sensor
o Temperature (Use as a thermometer with iHealth App)
• Height: 4.579 inches (116.30 mm)
• Width: 2.479 inches (62.96 mm)
• Depth: .197 inches (5.00 mm)
• Weight: 4.6 ounces (130 grams)
• Package Contents
o Apple Bluetooth Dynamic Range HHR Earphones w/Charger
o Magnetic Mini Dock Multi Use Cable, Charging, Headphones, HDMI, USB
o Magnetic Mini Dock Cable USB
o USB Power Adaptor
o Replacement Stand (3)
o 256 GB Micro SD Card
o Slip Case
Last edited by jameslaz; 09-12-2012 at 06:02 PM.
- 09-11-2012, 09:23 PM #32iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
My dream is that Apple would announce the iPhone SJ, an iPhone commemorating Steve Jobs. It would be an updated version of the original iPhone with current specs and a slightly larger screen. Instead of the Apple logo, it would feature the Apple logo with a silhouette of Steve's face forming the "bite."
The phone would come pre-loaded with a playlist of Steve's favorite songs and a selection of videos of Steve's interviews, speeches, and keynotes.
The price points for the phone would be $100 more than the normal iPhone price points. The extra $100 would go toward a fund established in Steve Jobs' name. That fund would be allocated each year to a group of individuals who "Think Different" in the spirit of Steve Jobs. A board could be set up to choose which applicants should receive the grants.
I think this would be a great way to honor Steve Jobs' memory. It could also end up being beneficial to the tech world (or the world in general!)
The original iPhone was such a technological landmark that it makes sense to reproduce it in honor of Steve Jobs. I wouldn't want to carry one for spec reasons, but if it had the same specs as a 4S, I'd buy it without hesitation. It is, in my opinion, the best-designed piece of modern technology ever made.
- 09-12-2012, 11:46 AM #33
Wifi & LTE
A6 quad core processor
4” Retina Display screen with razor-thin bezel
5MP iSight front facing camera
10MP iSight rear facing camera dual level LED flash and more software features
Dual level LED flash, regular flash level and nighttime flash is more powerful
Black and White anodized aluminum back panel,Center band and buttons(no two tone)
Slightly smaller home button moved lower to allow for the bigger screen
Music, Photography & Video artist special edition model(1 model for each category)
3 Limited Edition color models (Red, Blue and Orange pictures coming)
128GB storage capacity
Back Panel engraved with artist signature
Limited numbers, Limited availability, $400 more expensive than top model
Thunderbolt sync cable for faster sync and charging.
The iPhone 5 would automatically connect to an iPod Nano if you owned one. Whenever the Nano was in close proximity the iPhone would synchronize the clock being displayed on the Nano screen. The clock on the iPhone lockscreen would disappear allowing whatever beautiful image on the lockscreen to use the entire beautiful screen un-encumbered by overlayed graphics. The Nano would have magnetic attachments on each end that would snap to the Apple designed lanyard or watchband. While connected the iPhone would also remotely control the music controls of the Nano.
iPhone automatically connects when in close proximity to your Apple HD TV. It shows what is currently playing on the TV allowing parental monitoring. Allows the user to setup recordings of programs or check recordings that have already been set. It becomes the remote for the TV allowing all members of the family to potentially change channels without finding wherever the conventional remote would have been.
New setting allows the user to turn the lock screen clock on/off.
New setting allows the Spotlight search function to be turned on/off.
iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini are recognizable in AirDrop on Macs allowing the user to transfer photos to and from the device via Wifi.(pictured)
Images are saved locally on devices and in Photostream freeing space on the computer.
New boot logos, the OS cycles through 3 distinctively but subtly different Apple logos on boot.
The OS already knows family relationships for contacts. When a contact is used in a social network the OS embeds the social network handle in the name.
When a file is launched if the app used to create it isn't on the device anymore. The OS automatically opens the appstore to your purchased items and to the app. Allowing you to reinstall it and open the file.
The camera app has presets for different types of shooting. It would have Macro, Action, and Night presets. The phone would then adjust the Aperture and shutter speed for the preset selected. The night preset would set the flash LED to a more powerful mode to illuminate night shots more.
Icons would not be restricted to a grid. The placement of icons would become like a computer allowing the user to place it anywhere within the usable area of the home screen.
Family members link their iTunes IDs allowing a family to share media and apps between devices while retaining separate IDs.
Family members Photostream linking. The user sets which IDs have access and get notifications from different folders. (If parents upload pictures of a birthday party Grandma gets a notification when they have been uploaded)
Playlists are hosted in iCloud so songs synced to one device are added to all other devices(more for music not bought in iTunes)
iPhoto has iCloud sync so that both iPhoto on the Mac and the iOS version have the same images.
Time Capsules and Airports with external drives are accessible through an app. Allowing you access to the files with a Dropbox like interface.
Upgrade 2D system icons to 3D versions (pictured)
and one more thing,
Sept. 26th is my birthday so announcing my name on the 25th would be an awesome birthday gift ;-) I'm just sayin'
- 09-13-2012, 01:58 AM #34
Taken from Dan Lyons...
The hardware on the iPhone has been the same for two years, since the iPhone 4 and 4S were virtually identical.
Now, having had two years to plot and scheme, Apple's renowned designer Jonathan Ive has replaced the tiny 3.5in (8.9cm) screen with a slightly-less-tiny 4in (10.2cm) screen? Wow. Knock me over with a feather. What do you do with the rest of your time, Jony?
This is what happens when a company is too cheap to invest in research and development. Did you know that Apple spends far less on R&D than any of its rivals - a paltry 2% of revenues, versus 14% for Google and Microsoft?
No wonder the Android platform, where new models appear every week, now represents 68% of the smartphone market, up from 47% a year ago, while Apple slid to 17% over the same period.
In case you're bad at maths, let me work that out for you: Android's market share is now four times that of Apple. Four times!
- 09-13-2012, 07:49 AM #35
- 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM #36
This thread is for a contest for people who appriciate iOS devices and want to show what they think is cool not for and anti Apple rants.
Last edited by jameslaz; 09-13-2012 at 07:10 PM.
- 09-14-2012, 02:26 AM #37
Since the upcoming phone after the iPhone 5 will be the iPhone 5s, it will physically look exactly the same as the iPhone 5. As with the upgrade from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S, there will of course be the obvious upgrade in processor/GPU package, maybe the memory, NFC, and perhaps even upgrades to the camera. iOS 7 will probably include upgrades to Siri, maybe more upgrades to the maps app, some new APIs, and maybe some additions to make the device more enterprise friendly. Those upgrades are obvious and not very exciting. I would however, seriously consider the following new features never before seen in a smartphone.
1. Lithium-titanate battery. Imagine being able to charge your battery to 90% in 10 minutes. That's what lithium-titanate batteries offer. At the moment, production of these batteries are cost prohibitive, but with Apple's buying power, it might be possible to achieve sufficient economies of scale to make these batteries available for consumer electronics. For now, these batteries are used in various transport devices, although Toshiba has produced something that's suitable for larger consumer devices, for things like power tools and Roombas. Lithium
2. Haptics tech using the coulomb effect designed by senseg. You can find info at senseg.com. Basically it's haptics that can give smooth surfaces a texture. Imagine if you will, touching the iPhone glass and having it feel like fur, or sand, or even skin. It can give the sensation of a real physical keyboard, including delineations for each key. This is obviously a lot more sophisticated than a simple "buzz" every time you touch the screen. The best part? This tech is available NOW and can be made available in the next iteration of the iPhone.
3. Wireless keys. I have BMW comfort access, and I love it, no need to fish for your keys in your pocket, touch the door and it unlocks, press the start button and it starts. Something like Comfort Access but available for all types of locks. No more carrying key rings or looking for your keys and taking 30 minutes to find them. I'm not talking about NFC, this tech doesn't require you to put the phone next to the door, just be close enough and touch it. Again, this tech is available now, just waiting to be utilized. Sure, you'll have to upgrade your door locks and stuff, but it makes things sufficiently easier that I can easily imagine demand for this feature.
4. X-ray vision on the iPhone. Admittedly, this feature is probably not quite ready to be implemented like the other two, but I'll throw it in for kicks. A couple of guys at the University of Texas have invented a way to implement a terahertz range electromagnetic imaging device on a chip. Terahertz range imaging devices are commonly found in airport scanners that see through your clothes. Read about it at Masable: Cellphone that sees through walls closer to reality - FutureTech on NBCNews.com
5. A companion device that can be worn on the body that can act as a both a local receiver and a sensor. I imagine something similar to the previous generation iPod Nano that can be worn as a watch or something similar. This companion device would act as both a notification device connected to notification center and include an array of additional sensors. The sensors could be used for an array of different functions. One simple function would be to act as something like a pedometer. Additional sensors could be more sophisticated including multiple chemical sensors that can act as both safety alarms, such as detecting carbon monoxide in the environment or alcohol in your breath, or as health monitors for things like blood glucose levels by checking acetone levels in your breath. Admittedly, this one is a LONG shot, but the tech already exists so it's a question of implementation.
Anyway, that's my wish list for the iPhone 5s. None of this stuff exists yet on a cellphone or exists only in a rudimentary form (haptics). I wanted to get past the basic stuff like faster processor and such which are givens. I also didn't want to stray from the design of the iPhone 5 since more than likely the next iteration of the iPhone will have the same body, so I didn't include things like 4.5" screen or anything that would alter the physical shape of the phone. The techs I've listed are either available now, or at the very least, in the very near future.
- 09-14-2012, 12:00 PM #38
- 09-14-2012, 12:40 PM #39
Good Luck to whoever wins the giftcard The iPhone is an awesome, awesome device, eat that Samsung I wish I could check out the podcast live but I'll be busy with a pre-celebration of my birthday the next day lol Yay me! I checked out all the entries and there are some sweet devices in there.
- 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM #40
- 09-17-2012, 02:45 AM #41
Your expectations from a mobile is device seems pretty high, and does your android phone provides Siri and 18 MP camera. iPhone 5 have fulfilled a few of your expectations like bigger screen, 4G LTE, improved SIri. So what do you think, is iPhone 5 better than your current android phone. Please specify your android smart phone model and if possible make a comparison with iPhone 5.
- 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM #42
- 09-22-2012, 08:54 AM #43iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
The iPhone of the Future
The iPhone of the Future
This iPhone is for everyone. This iPhone is for the gamer who loves to beat his friends high scores at Doodlejump. It has and extra 0.5 inches of screen to add that little extra “something” to your gaming experience. This iPhone is for the hipster who loves to customize his phone. Because this iPhone gives you the ability to replace your battery with a removable back plate. It also has a USB port on the bottom of the iPhone which adds the ability to add memory to your already 72GB iPhone. It also means that you can transfer files from iPhone to iPhone. A feature that no other smart phone offers. This iPhone is for the creative photographer who loves to take pictures with his iPhone. This iPhone has a new and improved 10 megapixel camera on the front and the back of the phone. The iPhone has the ability to edit your photos inside the “Camera” app. This iPhone is for the person who constantly posts to social networks. As you pull down the notification center you can instantly post to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also post photos straight from the “Camera” app to any of these three social networks. This iPhone is the best to date. Why? Because of the 4G LTE integration, the new and improved camera, the enlarged screen and everything else. Oh and did we mention? Its only $150.
Last edited by RebelNutt18; 09-22-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Forgot Photos
- 09-22-2012, 07:16 PM #44
Well, I spent most of the day making this, a mock webpage marketing an "iPhone X". Before I saw menithings' amazing entry. hope you don't think I was trying to steal your thunder, I actually came up with all this before i read any of the entries.
Oh well. Here it is anyway. iPhone X - The most incredibly incredible new iPhone that does it all.
Last edited by fury; 09-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
- 09-22-2012, 11:11 PM #45
- 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM #46
- 09-25-2012, 10:56 PM #47iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!
I created this using Autodesk Inventor 2012.
I called it the iPhone Elite, and it comes with the iGamer control set and a 20-mm iShoot Camera.
The rest is explained in the pictures, hope you guys like it.
Last edited by ImagineBreaker; 10-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
- 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM #48
- 09-27-2012, 09:48 AM #49
- 10-01-2012, 05:35 PM #50