AT&T or Verizon, help me choose for the iPhone 5

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 4G LTE phones operate on SIM cards so that point is negated. With Verizon LTE you can just pop out the SIM and swap phones. You cannot do that on their 3G devices though.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
well at&t just announced today a bunch more markets getting LTE soon. one of them was my market. hopefully will be live asap. anyone in north NJ confirm LTE is live? this may sway my decision to keep at&t afterall.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
both carriers here have equal coverage and quality, so thats not a concern. my biggest pro verizon thing is FULL LTE coverage all throughout my area where at&t is spotty, if at all. so, i would basically never have to worry about losing LTE with a verizon phone (so EVDO speeds wont be an issue) but i would primarily be stuck on at&t's H+ all the time. so verizon wins that bout. my other main concern is at&t rocks indoors where verizon can be spotty. so i have two huge issues, however im leaning more towards the 100% LTE coverage of the verizon network.

I'm confused EVDO networks have much better building penetration. I've used AT&T and Verizon and with AT&T I'd constantly lose signal in buildings, parking garages etc.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm confused EVDO networks have much better building penetration. I've used AT&T and Verizon and with AT&T I'd constantly lose signal in buildings, parking garages etc.

I've had the opposite experience. When I was with Verizon, there were a few buildings I would work out of that I would receive little to no reception. With AT&T, the reception is better, still not great, but better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess it would all depend on the frequency of the networks where one is at as far as building penetration... some areas might have at&t on 1900 and vzw on 800, or at&t on 850 and vzw on 1900... it all depends... at my work, vz is much better inside the building that at&t

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
on the east coast, at&t is 850mhz which penetrates better than verizons 1900mhz. however, if both are using the 700mhz band for LTE, both should get decent indoor coverage going forward.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I also live on the east coast. The buildings I work and live in are all concrete/brick and steel. AT&T can't penetrate it (I'm currently using them) VZW does just fine...

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner