Double Down on Secrecy!

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so when Tim Cook said this, I was really excited. But then we have the most rumors/pictures/event dates/release dates than any other Apple product (except for perhaps the stolen iPhone 4) but does this make Tim unreliable? I know in this day and age, it's next to impossible not to have something leak but it seems that every single thing about the new iPhone has leaked. Now .005% of me is hoping that it's all been leaked by Apple and the new iPhone won't be a "tall-boy" but I really doubt that will happen.

What are your thoughts on Tim Cook's claim to "double down on secrecy"?

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
If apple did that and the phone has a complete different design I would pee my pants in laughing at all the case makers that started production.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Next to impossible to prevent something from leaking? lol...it's a lot easier than you think, the government has become incredibly efficient at it. The iPhone 4 leak was leaked for publicity (I still stick to that to this day because it was just ultimately convenient). Private sector security on development is infinitely easier to hide than it is in the public sector...if Apple wants something hidden, it will be hidden. They are one of the (if not THE) top consumer technology companies in the world, and they have plenty of money and power to keep things under wraps (they also pay people well enough to keep quiet).

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with SeanHRCC. If Apple wanted to keep things in secrecy they easily could. Think about it, they have over $100 billion in liquid assets (mainly cash). That's enough money to buy a small army! Everything we've seen has been leaked by Apple, and I 99.9% guarantee it. Why would they leak material? Trick competitors, fool suppliers, or what I think, to stay relevant. It's the 21st century and last time I checked we want things now. Especially new Apple products! Galaxy S3 came out a month ago and all you can hear is how good it is. Well Apple doesn't like that, so they release a little here and there to keep us entertained...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Another thing to consider is the fact that the iPhone is just a phone...it has cool toys inside, just like most other high end elite level phones, but it is just a phone, so cosmetically, it's not like you're going to find out the thing is shaped like a horseshoe and made out of recycled koala bones. You can leak a picture of a phone with a little metal piece on it and call it "BIG NEWS!" but it's essentially like people taking a picture of a new car model that is wrapped in a tarp and only getting a generic silhouette.

The big news will always be in the content and new toys within the phone...what will Apple spring on us this year? Last year nobody was talking about Siri before launch much at all (if at all), and then it became kind of a selling point...what's going to come this year? We'll have an iPhone shaped phone...big whoop, we all knew that...but what about new features? iOS 6 has been out for a while, nothing really "new" there, so what will they add to the iPhone to get people excited? Maybe nothing...maybe something we're not really talking about much kind of like Siri was.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner