Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fausty82
  • 1 Post By Jeremy
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Cool Pre Orders

If you preorder the iPhone when it comes out on September 12 will you be able to pick it up at the store on the 21st or can it only be shipped to your house?

Global Posts
    22,914 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iphonegenious View Post
    If you preorder the iPhone when it comes out on September 12 will you be able to pick it up at the store on the 21st or can it only be shipped to your house?
    Barring no delays, the answer is yes and yes, it can be shipped to your home.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    But you will need to sign for it. Apple always requires a signature. I know that AT&T used to (haven't had a shipment from them in quite a while)... not sure about Sprint or VZW... and T-Mobile is a moot point, because they won't be carrying the iPhone.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 6

I'm curious about the exact same thing. If I go to the Verizon store in the 12 of September can I preorder it at the store and pick it up that Friday? When it comes out? Save me a spot on getting it that day before they run out.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisgarcia View Post
    I'm curious about the exact same thing. If I go to the Verizon store in the 12 of September can I preorder it at the store and pick it up that Friday? When it comes out? Save me a spot on getting it that day before they run out.
    Best bet is to pre order off of Apple's website and have it delivered on the 21st.
    Thanked by:
    DaPhoneking (09-04-2012)
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    But you will need to sign for it. Apple always requires a signature. I know that AT&T used to (haven't had a shipment from them in quite a while)... not sure about Sprint or VZW... and T-Mobile is a moot point, because they won't be carrying the iPhone.
    Apple let's you "pre-sign" for the shipment. You print it from the order page, sign it and leave it on your door. Then FedEx just leaves the package.
    iMore Expert

iOS Version
    iOS 6

If you order thru apple would it still be the same price as you would get At a carrier store? The 199.99 or whatever it may be? And can you open a new line with apple? Or is It best to go through Verizon.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,161 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisgarcia View Post
    If you order thru apple would it still be the same price as you would get At a carrier store? The 199.99 or whatever it may be? And can you open a new line with apple? Or is It best to go through Verizon.
    You can do everything through the Apple store that you can through the carrier store (or website)...the prices are the same across the board. I bought my very first iPhone through AT&T, every other iPhone I've had went through the Apple store (or website). My experience with the Apple store was much better than the carrier store, i still remember sitting in AT&T on the launch day for over 3 hours why they tried to get my phone working properly (and I'm sure they've become more efficient at it, but once was enough for me).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Pro

I remember iPhone 4 was delivered to me ( and many others ) 2 days before release date ( ordered from apple.com )
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    I remember iPhone 4 was delivered to me ( and many others ) 2 days before release date ( ordered from apple.com )
    Slipped through the cracks then. I wouldn't expect this to happen again. Don't think that happened at all last year.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Did they allow for orders to be picked up in store? I thought they didn't allow that last year on 4S launch.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,206 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Slipped through the cracks then. I wouldn't expect this to happen again. Don't think that happened at all last year.
    It did on the 4 but not the 4S. All 4S orders were held by the delivery companies.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Can I preorder at any time during the week and so between anouncement and release? And is there a delay on the delivery if I do so a little later than the couple first days - or something? Thanks in advance!
    Are you John Wayne? Is this me?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by GPAbsinthe View Post
    Can I preorder at any time during the week and so between anouncement and release? And is there a delay on the delivery if I do so a little later than the couple first days - or something? Thanks in advance!
    That will depend on various factors. All of which are unknown currently. Personally, I would not put it off for later.
    Thanked by:
    GPAbsinthe (09-03-2012)
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I wasn't supposed to put it off... but my girlfriend, on behalf of my daughter, just got me in a tight spot... Thanks for answering, that's what I was afraid of... Unless I'm mistaken, you have to pay in full for a preorder with delivery, and I'm buying a factory unlocked device... (Canada).
    iMore Pro

I wasn't supposed to put it off... but my girlfriend, on behalf of my daughter, just got me in a tight spot... Thanks for answering, that's what I was afraid of... Unless I'm mistaken, you have to pay in full for a preorder with delivery, and I'm buying a factory unlocked device... (Canada).
    Why not the subsidized price ?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Not even sure Apple will sell unlocked out of the gate.
    iMore Pro

Not even sure Apple will sell unlocked out of the gate.

You're right. Usually you have to wait a month or so before that's available. My guess is by November
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Hence why I specified I was from Canada... The 4S could be bought unlocked at the release...
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Hence why I specified I was from Canada... The 4S could be bought unlocked at the release...
    Don't think that was direct from Apple though. ?
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Can you port numbers on the Apple site, I assume?
    iPhone 5 - 16 GB - Verizon
    iPad Mini - 32GB
    iMac - 24" - 4GB/640GB
    MacBook 13" 2GB/300GB
    iPod Touch 4G - 8GB
    iPod 3G - 30GB
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by tjdaugherty View Post
    Can you port numbers on the Apple site, I assume?
    Yes, you can.
    "If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you've tried"... -- Terrence C.

iPhone 5S 64GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad 4 128GB + LTE, iPad mini Retina 128GB + LTE, iPad 2 64GB Wifi, Apple TV 2 & 3, MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011), iMac (2008 Intel), Powerbook G4, 2 Powerbook G3's, indigo iMac
    iPhone Nanite

Default Fastest Way....

Here's the big question though - Assuming the iPhone 5 has major supply shortages which is an easy assumption, what's the fastest way to get one in your hands:

1. Pre-order and have it shipped to house
    2. Pre-order and pickup in store
    3. Be a schmuck and stand in line 2 days before the release without a pre-order.

I think everyone is going to say #1 but last year, I pre-ordered the 4s the day they let your pre-order and delivery was a solid 3 or 4 days later than when everyone else got them from in-store pickup.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Don't think that was direct from Apple though. ?
    Yes it was... It was for iP4 and 4S. Just thought you'd like to know. I guess now, when even "lesser" carriers are selling the 4S in the US, you could very well see a first factory unlocked version on launch day, too. I mean, nothing scientific there but what's the point?... Unless AT&T and Verizon still get exclusivity over the first months...