Current apps on iPhone 5?

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
If the iPhone 5 does indeed have the "taller" screen, won't that mean that current apps will have to be altered? It seems to me that otherwise we're dealing with "stretching" of the apps to make them fit, or there will be "letterbox" bars on the top and bottom. Am I missing something?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The truth is, nobody really knows how this will be handled and those developers that may have information on the new screen size will not be going on about it until the official release occurs (obviously)...i can imagine a similar scenario to when 16:9 televisions became the standard setup and you had the bars (and still do) on 4:8 ratio pictures (though obviously that is not the same situation with this screen since it's still going to be a wide format setup).

From what i understand reading what some game designers have said, if the screen is both longer and wider, the adjustment is easier than simply a longer screen (as some of the rumors have hinted at).

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
From what i understand reading what some game designers have said, if the screen is both longer and wider, the adjustment is easier than simply a longer screen (as some of the rumors have hinted at).

This is what I was thinking. I imagine it's easy to scale from one number of pixels to another, so long as the aspect is the same.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I certainly hope its is as simple as scaling or auto adjustments to the apps and we don't have to wait months and months for apps to get redone to support the screen. Since nothing was mentioned about the new iPhone's screen or anything at WWDC I suspect Apple is not as concerned about the scaling issue, or else they figure developers are doing it based on the rumors.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I certainly hope its is as simple as scaling or auto adjustments to the apps and we don't have to wait months and months for apps to get redone to support the screen. Since nothing was mentioned about the new iPhone's screen or anything at WWDC I suspect Apple is not as concerned about the scaling issue, or else they figure developers are doing it based on the rumors.

I believe if the App store ain't ready on D day, then it means the larger screen simply won't happen this year. This is not Android we're talking about... :D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods