Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    iMore Intermediate

294 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,063 Global Posts

No, they can't do whatever they want. Not without paying a price. I have a contract with them. Until my contract is up, they won't force me to do anything. Also, no one is being forced off of unlimited. They have a choice. Sure, they are making it tough, but it is up to the customer to relinquish their unlimited data.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    There is no 2gig for $30 anymore go check verizons website.
    For new customers yes you are correct .. Existing ones have the old plan options at least as of now

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura View Post
    You didn't read my post.

I said sometime in the near future Verizon would force all of us with grandfathered data plans to switch whether we wanted to or not. It's quite clear they're doing everything in their power to force those of us with unlimited data to move to a tiered plan. They've figured out another way to force us to do it - pay full price for a phone which many people won't do - or switch to a tiered plan for a subsidized phone price.

Again, to repeat what I said so I'm clear - I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon forces those of us with grandfathered unlimited data plans to change to a tiered plan at some point in time no matter what. Change by X date or you'll automatically be enrolled in the 4GB shared plan unless you call us and change your GB allowance but you will be changed and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Edit - and like the other poster said, the 2GB for $30 is gone. It's shared data plans only now for smart phones. There are no other options.
    I agree eventually they prob will ..
    The 2 for 30 is gone for new customers not existing ones who are not on shared data plan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12