E-Mail - BB BES to iPhone 5 - What Should I Expect?

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

I am finally going to be making the switch from Blackberry to the iPhone, with plans to get the iPhone 5 when it is released. I am currently on the BB BES plan (corporate e-mail). Through the BES plan, basically all my contacts and calendar entries are loaded into my BB automatically when I upgrade operating systems or change phones. I have never really had to worry about losing contacts because of this.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect when I switch to the iPhone? I will using the Bring Your Own Device plan that my employer offers. Any idea if my contacts would automatically load to the iPhone as they have with my BB or will they be gone? I just want to make sure that I back them up via another method and then restore if I need to.

Thanks!

EW

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Configuring your email via the MS Exchange setup will allow you to have your mail, contacts, calendars, etcetera automatically synced accordingly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
..(snipped)...

Can anyone tell me what I can expect when I switch to the iPhone?
You can expect a pleasant and simple user interface as well as visually pleasant web surfing and multimedia experience. Coming from Blackberry will be a bit awkward at first, especially if you're used to using Blackberry shortcuts. But after a couple of hours, you'll be familiar with iOS and you'll find it enjoyable.
I will using the Bring Your Own Device plan that my employer offers. Any idea if my contacts would automatically load to the iPhone as they have with my BB or will they be gone?
See my previous post
I just want to make sure that I back them up via another method and then restore if I need to.

Thanks!

EW
I would still recommend you backup your data before making the switch. I mean, you can never be too careful with your data. Just in case, you might want to export your contacts as a .csv file. You could always import that file later on, if needed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods