16:9 new iPhone as an Apple TV remote?

DanXIX

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone........ Had a crazy idea that this may be one of the reasons, if Apple do change the aspect ratio of the next iPhone......

I was thinking how cool a 16:9 iPhone (or iPod Touch) would be as an Apple TV remote, connected using Bluetooth 4.0..... The remote screen on the iPhone could look exactly the same as the big screen, maybe with controls overlaid at the touch of the screen...... be good for moving Apple TV apps around on the home screen?...... using as a game pad / controller for Apple TV games?..... and also be perfect for Airplay from the iPhone to the Apple TV too?......

Had me thinking that maybe this is what Steve Jobs could of meant when he said he "cracked" the TV interface......

Just thinking out loud....... Cheers :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Job's TV comment was certainly more in depth than that...the iPhone as a TV remote is nothing new, i can actually use mine as a remote (and a decent one at that) with my Western Digital TV Live system in my living room...the iPhone has also had remote capabilities for some time concerning other functionality so Apple TV control should be almost a given.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2